The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 6, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #4,321 of 12,991

As soon as it gets here, I'll do post 'em ASAP!

In the meantime, look at the power it sends through your body, 90 Watts straight into whatever chair you attach it to (video review):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKNJDHkhnO0

The start of a great night:

Setting up right now.

Jul 6, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #4,322 of 12,991
Hey HBB i,bought fiio e12 and know that there is two revisions one htting the mids and one hitting sub bass only, I believe I have gotten the second revision but which one is yours?

Pretty sure mine is one of the sub-bass versions (early edition) was using Cowon's effect packages to lift the sub bass as well for the vids.

Setting up right now.

Yes!!

Jul 6, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #4,323 of 12,991

biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #4,324 of 12,991

Setting up right now.

Been listening for a while now...Buttkicker Gamer2 100% recommended for bassheads worldwide that use an office/pc chair. 

Chilling, drinking cold beers and playing one of this thread's favorites On My Level - Wiz right now.... Jesus Christ, unbelievably strong, strong body vibrations...The missing link for a complete bass experience with headphones whether you're listening to music, gaming, watching a movie. Look at the video review I linked earlier for a demonstration of the bass kicks/vibrations to get what I'm saying. For some reason I can't explain, it reacts even more strongly when I turn on Dolby Headphone + 7.1 Virtual Shifter (Luis U's positional layout) in Xonar Switch settings, even with just a stereo source. Basically, DH is a subwoofer and/or bass booster too or perhaps more likely, the repositioning of the subwoofer affects this change, it took getting the BK to realize this -- I used to think it just boosts treble when just listening from headphones. 

Easy as hell to set up too if you have an external dac and amp for your headphones so the soundcard can output its analog signal to the Buttkicker's amp (outputting to 2 or more analog outputs from the soundcard requires other software installations). Low and/or High frequency cutoff settings on the amp via knob are incredible too so you can customize it based on what you're listening to (movie, music, gaming). This is explained more in the quick start guide. There's also clipping (****ing awesome) and signal status led lights. 

Got it for CA$189.99 so US$150 on Ebay for faster shipping as it was out of stock from buttkickergear.com (manufacturer) anyway, turns out it was cheaper by US$30 than getting it from the manufacturer. And the item was sent directly from Ontario, Canada. Probably good Ebay deals out there for Americans too. 

Jul 7, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #4,325 of 12,991

Been listening for a while now...Buttkicker Gamer2 100% recommended for bassheads worldwide that use an office/pc chair. 

Chilling, drinking cold beers and playing one of this thread's favorites On My Level - Wiz right now.... Jesus Christ, unbelievably strong, strong body vibrations...The missing link for a complete bass experience with headphones whether you're listening to music, gaming, watching a movie. Look at the video review I linked earlier for a demonstration of the bass kicks/vibrations to get what I'm saying. For some reason I can't explain, it reacts even more strongly when I turn on Dolby Headphone + 7.1 Virtual Shifter (Luis U's positional layout) in Xonar Switch settings, even with just a stereo source. Basically, DH is a subwoofer and/or bass booster too or perhaps more likely, the repositioning of the subwoofer affects this change, it took getting the BK to realize this -- I used to think it just boosts treble when just listening from headphones. 

Easy as hell to set up too if you have an external dac and amp for your headphones so the soundcard can output its analog signal to the Buttkicker's amp (outputting to 2 or more analog outputs from the soundcard requires other software installations). Low and/or High frequency cutoff settings on the amp via knob are incredible too so you can customize it based on what you're listening to (movie, music, gaming). This is explained more in the quick start guide. There's also clipping (****ing awesome) and signal status led lights. 

Got it for CA$189.99 so US$150 on Ebay for faster shipping as it was out of stock from buttkickergear.com (manufacturer) anyway, turns out it was cheaper by US$30 than getting it from the manufacturer. And the item was sent directly from Ontario, Canada. Probably good Ebay deals out there for Americans too. 

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00W4FHYZS?keywords=ButtKicker%20BK-GR%20Gamer&qid=1436249716&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

cost 430.00 in Japan
mad.gif

I'll trade my FiiO X5  for one...anyone wanna trade
tongue.gif

Jul 7, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #4,326 of 12,991

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00W4FHYZS?keywords=ButtKicker%20BK-GR%20Gamer&qid=1436249716&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

cost 430.00 in Japan
mad.gif

I'll trade my FiiO X5  for one...anyone wanna trade
tongue.gif

Shucks!! The yen is in a bad spot right now 
frown.gif
. HBB, I've got a feeling you of all people would like this facet of car audio translated into a desktop setup. This is incredible stuff right here. You ever get out of Japan for holidays and such? 'Cause it would be a lot easier to get from a US address. Otherwise, good luck getting on that trade 
dt880smile.png
basshead.gif

Jul 7, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #4,327 of 12,991

Shucks!! The yen is in a bad spot right now 
frown.gif
. HBB, I've got a feeling you of all people would like this facet of car audio translated into a desktop setup. This is incredible stuff right here. You ever get out of Japan for holidays and such? 'Cause it would be a lot easier to get from a US address. Otherwise, good luck getting on that trade 
dt880smile.png
basshead.gif

I'll figure something out.

I'm jealous...in a good way
biggrin.gif

I will probably just order the damn thing tonight......
deadhorse.gif

Jul 7, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #4,328 of 12,991

They are best with an amp, but don't necessarily need on. The Cayin C5 is a popular choice for them, as were the Fiio E12 if you can't get the Cayin. Your logitech USB sound card might be enough to get you started, assuming you can unplug it from those headphones. I'd also encourage you to get EqualizerAPO and Peace GUI (both free), because you'll want to use EQ to get the best bass and sound signature.

Are there extreme-bass-centric config files created for EQ-APO like there are for Rockbox? The ones that reside within Peace are not balanced in that if you apply bass, you lose your mids and highs. Are there pre-existing config files that boost the bass and subs without losing the mids and highs altogether? @DiscoProJoe has done a great job creating hundreds of files for Rockbox. Just wondering if EQ-APO has something similar available?

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #4,329 of 12,991
I decided to pick up a pair of Sol Republic Master tracks instead of the Pro700. Glad I did. These things sound extremely good. They work well with the EQ settings I made for the WS too. I'll see if they hit hard enough for a bass test. Don't think they are on there....

Will also be ordering the Cayin C5 today :D

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #4,330 of 12,991
I decided to pick up a pair of Sol Republic Master tracks instead of the Pro700. Glad I did. These things sound extremely good. They work well with the EQ settings I made for the WS too. I'll see if they hit hard enough for a bass test. Don't think they are on there....

Will also be ordering the Cayin C5 today
biggrin.gif

Cool!
No ...there is nothing in the visual library about them
smily_headphones1.gif

The Cayin is the real deal. Very very nice amp with a wide presentation and boss bass switch. You will like that a lot.

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #4,332 of 12,991
finally received my Fostex TH-600s. What a friggin' treat. The perfect blend of sonic bliss and bass. They're like if you took the SZ2000, dialed the bass down by 20%, and dialed the sound signature up by 40%. The SZ2000 can sound nearly as good with a chunk more bass with proper EQ, so the value still lies there, but the TH-600 sound incredible out of the box.

Jul 9, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #4,333 of 12,991
If I swap the pads on SZ2000 and connect it to a powerful amp, would it sound good then if I don not EQ it ?

Depends on your ears and preferences. If you hate the sound with stock pads and no amp, that won't fix it. It could bring it closer to what you want or further away. The SZ2000 doesn't need a powerful amp, so it won't be night and day, it'll be more like high noon to afternoon. I found that I needed EQ to enjoy them, and that a decent amp (Cayin C5) and comfy pads (Brainwavz HM5) improved the sound for me.

Jul 10, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #4,335 of 12,991
  Anyone know of an over-ear with a signature that closely match the Xiaomi Piston 2?

You're looking for something warm and bass-heavy with rolled off highs if you enjoy the Xiaomi Piston 2 (frequency response graph). What price range? Portable or home? Closed (makes it so you can't hear outside the headphones as much) or Open (you can hear people and they can hear your music if it's loud)? Most headphones with a similar signature are going to be Closed, fyi.

If you're looking for probably the best headphones that sound roughly like those and can spare a lot of money (~$500) to get them, look at the Shure 1540 (frequency response graph). Dropping down to a more realistic budget (~$180 wired, ~$260 wireless), the Beats Solo 2 (frequency response graph) are similar and are about the only Beats I've heard that don't suck. On-ear, the V-Moda XS are pretty similar (frequency response graph).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back