The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 2, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #4,306 of 12,991
I think you guys would appreciate these pics more.  This is my bass station if you will.  I finished setting it up today.  

You want bass.....hit the EQ.  You want bananas sub bass in everything thing you listen too.....hit the sound processors.  You want bass and soundstage.....hit the sound processors again.  You want tube like sound with subbass....hit the sound processors again.  EQ is there for instant boom if needed. 

I also use a small subwoofer underneath my seat for that extra bass dimension.  

I'm waiting for some small connectors to arrive, so I can run even more power through my Hifiman that plugs into my resistor box I recently build.  I mean I have 40W per channel at my disposal with headroom to spare.  How much bass does a person really need?!  Obviously not enough.  The resistor box is the one small box between the FIIO and DVD drives.

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #4,307 of 12,991
  I think you guys would appreciate these pics more.  This is my bass station if you will.  I finished setting it up today.  

You want bass.....hit the EQ.  You want bananas sub bass in everything thing you listen too.....hit the sound processors.  You want bass and soundstage.....hit the sound processors again.  You want tube like sound with subbass....hit the sound processors again.  EQ is there for instant boom if needed. 

I also use a small subwoofer underneath my seat for that extra bass dimension.  

I'm waiting for some small connectors to arrive, so I can run even more power through my Hifiman that plugs into my resistor box I recently build.  I mean I have 40W per channel at my disposal with headroom to spare.  How much bass does a person really need?!  Obviously not enough.  The resistor box is the one small box between the FIIO and DVD drives.

Nice bass station!! You may fire when ready
wink.gif

Jul 4, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #4,309 of 12,991
Hey HBB!
I have just finished the Book of Bass( yep read every post of all 288 pages :D ) Thank you for such an amazing thread! I enjoyed every bit of it. Just created this account to say this and please never stop :D

Ps. I miss cb, PocketSmiley, and young dubs. NWA is still here though :D

Jul 4, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #4,310 of 12,991
Hey HBB!
I have just finished the Book of Bass( yep read every post of all 288 pages
biggrin.gif
) Thank you for such an amazing thread! I enjoyed every bit of it. Just created this account to say this and please never stop
biggrin.gif

Ps. I miss cb, PocketSmiley, and young dubs. NWA is still here though
biggrin.gif

The Book of Bass...the good book....spread the word brother
biggrin.gif

NWA is still around. cb is being godlike somehwere... Pocketsmiley was boy genius and is probably working for the N.S.A and young dubs gets no love.

Summer is the Beach season for me so new cans and reviews and a revamped list presentation is coming after the swimming.
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #4,312 of 12,991
  A couple of my own basshead musings:

Here's another one of my little basshead musings:

Whenever you ride up or down a long way in an elevator, and on a plane ride during the first 20 minutes after takeoff and the final 20 minutes before landing, do you notice that you have to keep perking your ears up (i.e., equalizing the air pressure in your inner ears)...in order to keep hearing the same amount of sub-bass? And right after you get off the elevator (and many times during your airline flight), do you have to pull your headphones away from your earlobes for a second or two while you perk up your ears and equalize the pressure inside the earcups of the headphones? And how about when you get to the bottom level of the subway if it's a long way down from the street?

Happens with me all the time when changing elevation. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Well anyway, here's a fun video for us bassheads to enjoy. They plug subwoofers into a wall socket in the U.S. (with 120 V and 60 Hz). Fun stuff!

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #4,314 of 12,991
  Junk subs, try that with a Sundown Nightshade............. 

Not bad! I wonder how a Kicker L7 or Kicker Solo X would fare at 120 volts?

Also, I wonder how the Sundown Nightshade would fare in Europe or Asia at 220 volts, which is nearly 4 times the power. (P = V2 / R)

Jul 6, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #4,315 of 12,991

Not bad! I wonder how a Kicker L7 or Kicker Solo X would fare at 120 volts?

Also, I wonder how the Sundown Nightshade would fare in Europe or Asia at 220 volts, which is nearly 4 times the power. (P = V2 / R)

The newer Kicker subs are mass produced and designed for Best Buy.  Either one would blow in a matter of seconds, they can handle around 1k real watts before melting their coil. The Nightshade can withstand about 3k watts RMS and around 8k peak.

220 would be a challenge!

Jul 6, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #4,316 of 12,991

The newer Kicker subs are mass produced and designed for Best Buy.  Either one would blow in a matter of seconds, they can handle around 1k real watts before melting their coil. The Nightshade can withstand about 3k watts RMS and around 8k peak.

220 would be a challenge!

I was really hoping

mad.gif

They coulda done better.

Meanwhile...
Satan has a special spot for folks who blow good drivers for sport.

It's like a closet lined with old 1970's alarm clock radios with blown speakers playing Carpenter songs on a loop...

Jul 6, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #4,317 of 12,991
go_quote.gif

Hey HBB!
I have just finished the Book of Bass( yep read every post of all 288 pages
biggrin.gif
) Thank you for such an amazing thread! I enjoyed every bit of it. Just created this account to say this and please never stop
biggrin.gif

Ps. I miss cb, PocketSmiley, and young dubs. NWA is still here though
biggrin.gif

Argh and I just got started :frowning2: OK see you in 1 month lol

Jul 6, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #4,318 of 12,991
Hi all, I'm new to the whole sound game so I'm not very knowledgeable in this regard. I'm very interested in purchasing the JVC HA-SZ2000 cans as I believe I am a bass head, I love bass and every set of cans I've ever purchased, I've always wished for more and more bass. I'm just a bit confused about some things.

I have no interest in using these as portable headphones , my 95% of my usage with these will be on my Computer (Desktop) with a On-board Sound card. Will I need a dedicated sound for these and will I need an amp, if so what exactly?

I also live in Australia, looking on eBay the prices vary from $200 to $400 and on amazon there's a bunch of different sellers with a price of $230, pricing isn't really a issue for me I just have no idea who is trust worthy enough for me to purchase from, don't want to have a damaged product that I can't do anything with because it broke during shipping. (I don't really shop online often.) If these are no longer being manufactured or sent to Australia or something, is there an alternative?

If it helps I was using Logitech G430s however they broke about an hour before I made this thread, which was when I started doing some research and a ton of reading. I thought they sounded pretty good and they came with a USB sound card but I always felt like it was missing so much bass which is basically what I've thought with all my headphone purchases.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the lack of knowledge.

Jul 6, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #4,319 of 12,991
  Hi all, I'm new to the whole sound game so I'm not very knowledgeable in this regard. I'm very interested in purchasing the JVC HA-SZ2000 cans as I believe I am a bass head, I love bass and every set of cans I've ever purchased, I've always wished for more and more bass. I'm just a bit confused about some things.

I have no interest in using these as portable headphones , my 95% of my usage with these will be on my Computer (Desktop) with a On-board Sound card. Will I need a dedicated sound for these and will I need an amp, if so what exactly?

I also live in Australia, looking on eBay the prices vary from $200 to $400 and on amazon there's a bunch of different sellers with a price of $230, pricing isn't really a issue for me I just have no idea who is trust worthy enough for me to purchase from, don't want to have a damaged product that I can't do anything with because it broke during shipping. (I don't really shop online often.) If these are no longer being manufactured or sent to Australia or something, is there an alternative?

If it helps I was using Logitech G430s however they broke about an hour before I made this thread, which was when I started doing some research and a ton of reading. I thought they sounded pretty good and they came with a USB sound card but I always felt like it was missing so much bass which is basically what I've thought with all my headphone purchases.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the lack of knowledge.

They are best with an amp, but don't necessarily need on. The Cayin C5 is a popular choice for them, as were the Fiio E12 if you can't get the Cayin. Your logitech USB sound card might be enough to get you started, assuming you can unplug it from those headphones. I'd also encourage you to get EqualizerAPO and Peace GUI (both free), because you'll want to use EQ to get the best bass and sound signature.

Jul 6, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #4,320 of 12,991
Hey HBB i,bought fiio e12 and know that there is two revisions one htting the mids and one hitting sub bass only, I believe I have gotten the second revision but which one is yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back