The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 8, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #391 of 12,991
I was going to make a dubstep song where the wubs aren't actually computer wubs, but natural ones. Binaural tones/beats. Play two different frequencies into each channel, and it creates a trippy Wubwubwubwubwub... If you listen to them for too long, your ears ring for a few minutes afterwards. They can actually be created to represent the brain patterns of a person who is high on any drug, and give you a high sensation to a degree. Its one of the oddest things I've ever heard.

+1 

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #392 of 12,991
Hey HBB - no need for U to go runnin out to test the SZ1000's - Dubstep's volunteered his wallet to buy on of those bad boys and he's selling his beloved AKG 240's to part finance it all - expect full first impressions early next week I think..... :cool:

Oh, wait a min - he's actually not doing any of that now and still keeping his AKG's :)

OJ :D

but young Dubs did volunteer me for this :rolleyes:

lol

My preferences are mainly EDM - the Sig DJ cans I've used since I got them just a couple of days ago, I've been playing Goa PSY on them and they are fantastic, especially the bass, absolutely amazing.

Couple of years back I used to make my own cheeky mixes up on the fly - mainly bounce, hardcore, hard house, trance etc

I've a few on YT, here's a couple of them:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/47X6hLkeNxQ[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/kQ5-rKiRwxY[/VIDEO]​
I love your mixes CB... Can you start them up again? :D... And... Point taken.

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #393 of 12,991
I love your mixes CB... Can you start them up again?
biggrin.gif
... And... Point taken.

I think you guyz should trade :3 DisCHORD you make them organic wubwubs, and CB can trade u some new mixes ;3 

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #394 of 12,991
I think you guyz should trade :3 DisCHORD you make them organic wubwubs, and CB can trade u some new mixes ;3 
hmm... I'd be down with that. Of course, I'd have to go find the folder with the track in it. No idea why I abandoned the project? I think I forgot about it, and never revisited it. I haven't seen anyone use binaural beats in a dubstep song as wubs yet, so you guys will be the first I'll release to. I'll post a link to a lossless .wav copy here for your ears to enjoy when I get it done...

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #395 of 12,991
HBB, I own the D600 and not only is it a basshead certified beast (I listen to them out of vintage amps - epic with the loudness switch thrown) but they are also very good across the board.

So that said, when comparing some graphs last night, the D7100 has a fair amount MORE bass than the D600.  Did you test them?  Check this out.................

*disclaimer - I'm NO graph reader/believer/etc but for pure bass response I've found these to be useful in finding the sweet spot. 

graphCompare.php

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #396 of 12,991
  HBB, I own the D600 and not only is it a basshead certified beast (I listen to them out of vintage amps - epic with the loudness switch thrown) but they are also very good across the board.

So that said, when comparing some graphs last night, the D7100 has a fair amount MORE bass than the D600.  Did you test them?  Check this out.................

*disclaimer - I'm NO graph reader/believer/etc but for pure bass response I've found these to be useful in finding the sweet spot. 

graphCompare.php

Agree'd on the graphs, I find when you find a headphone with a simmilar Freq Response to a can you already like, it's reasonable to assume a simmilar sound in the two. like the HE 4 and DT 880  

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #397 of 12,991
The updated top 10 extreme bass cans makes for interesting reading with a few cans I'd not expected to be listed such as the Audio Technica and Denons.

One can I am surprised not to see listed is the XB1000's cos those things hit hard and sandwich your face with two oversized marshmallow pads that cover virtually each side of your face which wrap around 70mm drivers.

I know first hand just how much bass meat the XB1000's pack and couple of my buddies couldn't handle these EQ'd up with Wiz Khalifa's on my level vibrating their faces into a squidgy mess.

One of my pals said he could feel his jaw bone vibrating and said he's never experienced anything like the bass that pummelled his cranium the way the XB1000's did - it was actually hilarious to see the expression on his face when I hit play and Wiz track drops with that subterranean heavy weight richness of power bass took him by surprise - he was just physically shocked by What is this - he lasted about 10 seconds before he couldn't take anymore, but later had another listen with EQ reduced to a more manageable level for him - lol :D

The hit from the XB1000's is hard and profound but I've not heard the Audio Technica, Monster or Denon cans that are listed as top 10 hard hit players to comment whether the XB1000's are more deserved or not of any one of those cans current placements..

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #398 of 12,991
The updated top 10 extreme bass cans makes for interesting reading with a few cans I'd not expected to be listed such as the Audio Technica and Denons.

One can I am surprised not to see listed is the XB1000's cos those things hit hard and sandwich your face with two oversized marshmallow pads that cover virtually each side of your face which wrap around 70mm drivers.

I know first hand just how much bass meat the XB1000's pack and couple of my buddies couldn't handle these EQ'd up with Wiz Khalifa's on my level vibrating their faces into a squidgy mess.

One of my pals said he could feel his jaw bone vibrating and said he's never experienced anything like the bass that pummelled his cranium the way the XB1000's did - it was actually hilarious to see the expression on his face when I hit play and Wiz track drops with that subterranean heavy weight richness of power bass took him by surprise - he was just physically shocked by What is this - he lasted about 10 seconds before he couldn't take anymore, but later had another listen with EQ reduced to a more manageable level for him - lol
biggrin.gif

The hit from the XB1000's is hard and profound but I've not heard the Audio Technica, Monster or Denon cans that are listed as top 10 hard hit players to comment whether the XB1000's are more deserved or not of any one of those cans current placements..

cb why dont you own an XB 1000? I'd actually like to hear it my self as well 

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #399 of 12,991
CB has an xb1000.

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #401 of 12,991
Go read cb's profile headphone inventory thingy

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #402 of 12,991
Awesome find dude - this track is bass DEEP and probs the only serious contender to Wiz Khalifa's - On my level
cool.gif

Hey I send that just a few pages ago, and in the "group" we're in!

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #403 of 12,991
That piece of paper sure is getting a work out
smily_headphones1.gif

And the SZ1000 hits as hard as big bro SZ2000 albeit with lesser solid components used but is approx $95 USD cheaper to buy?

Maybe the differences between the 1000 & 2000 aren't so apparent initially, but could show over time of ownership?

Awesome! Unbelievable what these cans can do, I should really get my hands on one of these, my god my detox's don't even get close to that.
BTW Is it the mic, or are they distorting like crazy?

Edit: Oh my god..
I just found them for 60 euro's.
http://www.ep.nl/beeld_geluid/koptelefoon/hoofdtelefoon/jvc_ha_m_55_x_e_zwart_hoofdtelefoon?utm_source=vergelijk&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=vergelijk
There's are them right?! The one you used in the bass test?!
I have to have these.

Edit2: NVM Those are the 55's :frowning2:

Edit3: But, these are the right ones, right!?
 http://www.reichelt.nl/Various-Accessories/JVC-HA-MR77X/3//index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=875&ARTICLE=134554&SHOW=1&OFFSET=16&

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #404 of 12,991
Awesome! Unbelievable what these cans can do, I should really get my hands on one of these, my god my detox's don't even get close to that.

http://www.ep.nl/beeld_geluid/koptelefoon/hoofdtelefoon/jvc_ha_m_55_x_e_zwart_hoofdtelefoon?utm_source=vergelijk&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=vergelijk
I have to have these.

http://www.reichelt.nl/Various-Accessories/JVC-HA-MR77X/3//index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=875&ARTICLE=134554&SHOW=1&OFFSET=16&

Those are the right ones.

Here's my first impressions, for what it's worth:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/300#post_10614666

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #405 of 12,991

I have to have these.

those aren't the ones... The ones in the video are the sz2000.
HA-SZ2000.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back