The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 26, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #3,620 of 12,992
Quote:

5. Jam out.

Cranking up the tunes can do great things for your mind and body. (Count ‘em! There are at least 20 health benefits associated with it.) And now, recent research suggests that listening to music may lead to feeling more powerful . To paraphrase popstar Meghan Trainor, it’s all about that bass (no treble): listening to heavy-bass songs promotes more feelings of power than the low-bass songs.

http://greatist.com/grow/easy-confidence-boosters

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #3,621 of 12,992
  Quote:

http://greatist.com/grow/easy-confidence-boosters

I do feel like this a lot     o.k., all the time!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #3,622 of 12,992
Hi guys, just to quickly say that I have received the ATH-WS99BT and I am very impressed with the overall quality. Not only are they capable of some serious bass, but the quality of the audio is really excellent in all frequencies.
Personally I still prefer the Fidelio M2BT for the sub-bass, but the rest of the bass is better in the AT, which also perform much better in all other frequencies, with more detail and presence.
The difference between the 40 drivers of the Fidelio against the 53 of the AT is also clear.
So, thanks for the suggestion. Although I will miss the sub-bass of the Fidelio, their clean still deep rumble, I will keep the AT.
My question would be now if anybody knows if and where I can get some custom pads for them. The original pads are a bit thin, so even only on a practical aspect I would like some thicker pads to avoid that my ears touch the plastic of the cups, inside.
And then, I sincerely am not so expert in customization to understand how a different pair of pads can change the sound nor why, but I would like to learn that, if somebody has the time and will to explain.
Cheer :)

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #3,625 of 12,992
  It is not really coming from my headphones, but my latest setup has the most bass I have ever experienced:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/756810/full-body-headphone-sound-yes#post_11365756

Damn bro...that's pretty awesome
I find day to day stuff to be mind numbing borefests one after the other.
You must climb the ******* walls if **** isn't shaking and flashing
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #3,626 of 12,992
Guys, which music players or EQ programs do you use in Windows to EQ your music?
I use MusicBee, but it only goes as low as 32hz.
Do you find that enough or do you EQ also lower frequencies?
Could you give some suggestions about some EQ settings for a super bass?
Generally in MusicBee what I do is +12db on 32hz, +9 on 50hz, +6 on 80, +3 on 125hz. I usually leave the 200 untouched for the normal music.
Then I have a setting for Dubstep, with even more boost (and there I also boost the 200hz).
What do you think?

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #3,627 of 12,992
  Guys, which music players or EQ programs do you use in Windows to EQ your music?
I use MusicBee, but it only goes as low as 32hz.
Do you find that enough or do you EQ also lower frequencies?
Could you give some suggestions about some EQ settings for a super bass?
Generally in MusicBee what I do is +12db on 32hz, +9 on 50hz, +6 on 80, +3 on 125hz. I usually leave the 200 untouched for the normal music.
Then I have a setting for Dubstep, with even more boost (and there I also boost the 200hz).
What do you think?

32 Raised is pulling up a hill that is raising the nearby frequencies to. It's likely a 32Hz @+12 is dragging the 25 Hz at around +2 to +6 depending on what the Q/bandwidth is

You need an amp and pads that keep the ws99 off your ears as it seems your eq is fine. My rig goes to 31Hz with a q factor that allows me to hear 25Hz notes. Your good to go with the Eq

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #3,628 of 12,992
  How do you EQ the e12 amp? i was looking at a diagram of the amp and it looked like that you have to take the thing apart and reorganize the chips or something...

Whoa...

You need to use an eq on your music player/DAP/mp3 device or some software. Don't rearrange anything on the e12. Unless you're McGyver.

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #3,629 of 12,992

32 Raised is pulling up a hill that is raising the nearby frequencies to. It's likely a 32Hz @+12 is dragging the 25 Hz at around +2 to +6 depending on what the Q/bandwidth is

You need an amp and pads that keep the ws99 off your ears as it seems your eq is fine. My rig goes to 31Hz with a q factor that allows me to hear 25Hz notes. Your good to go with the Eq

On most music players the EQ is a normal band EQ, not a parametric one, so, no idea which Q they use.
On Neutron (a player for Android) I have a parametric EQ with 4 bands, low band, mid 1 mid 2, and high band. For low and high there is a Q, for the two mid there is a width control.
In Neutron I have dedicated the low band and the two mid for low frequencies, setting the low at 20hz with a Q of 0.4, the mid1 at 60hz with a width of 1.2, and the mid2 at 120hz with a width of 2.4. Then the high band I have it set on 9000hz with a Q of 3.
Additionally I use the band EQ of my Xperia, decreasing 400 and 1000hz of 3db each (the ATHWS99 do too much in that region for my tastes) and increasing 2500 of 3db, 6000 of 6, and 16000 of 3.
What do you think of these settings?
I, honestly, still do not understand very well how a parametric EQ works, so I am not sure that my settings in Neutron make sense.
My aim was to make the bass deeper and wider, with more body and more rumble and punch. It kind of worked to my ears, but I wonder if I can do better with other settings.

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #3,630 of 12,992
  On most music players the EQ is a normal band EQ, not a parametric one, so, no idea which Q they use.
On Neutron (a player for Android) I have a parametric EQ with 4 bands, low band, mid 1 mid 2, and high band. For low and high there is a Q, for the two mid there is a width control.
In Neutron I have dedicated the low band and the two mid for low frequencies, setting the low at 20hz with a Q of 0.4, the mid1 at 60hz with a width of 1.2, and the mid2 at 120hz with a width of 2.4. Then the high band I have it set on 9000hz with a Q of 3.
Additionally I use the band EQ of my Xperia, decreasing 400 and 1000hz of 3db each (the ATHWS99 do too much in that region for my tastes) and increasing 2500 of 3db, 6000 of 6, and 16000 of 3.
What do you think of these settings?
I, honestly, still do not understand very well how a parametric EQ works, so I am not sure that my settings in Neutron make sense.
My aim was to make the bass deeper and wider, with more body and more rumble and punch. It kind of worked to my ears, but I wonder if I can do better with other settings.

I would ..in my experience..pull the 250 down to sharpen the punch and tighten up the bass hit. Your Q for 120 seems like it would lead to a boomy almost muddy loose sound.Seems too wide (IMO) I would assign the narrowest bandwidth to the 120 and increase the 60 and play with those two relative to each other .

I am a Hip Hop head but I use a kick drum in rock tracks to tighten/loosen my bass because a Hip Hop studio mastered track is a more unpredictable beast. A Kick drum has a more predictable sonic signature. I can use that as a rally pole and work from there. From my days in IASCA bass competitions I learned diffent DJ/Producers favored different bass sigs which played havoc if I was listening casually. 2pac with Dj Quick and Johnny J and some used hits around 80Hz while RapA lot and J Prince stayed lower so my amp x-over would be ....well I'd be getting out the car to adjust my x 0ver depending on what I was most interested in getting.

My point is the Kick drum  or a sample of a kick drum or a track you know well with a kick drum. Play it over and over and apply that to the eq. More often than not that will be a better reflection of your drivers best curve.

I'm gonna sleep. Let me know how it goes so other ws99 owners can benefit from your labor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back