The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 13, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #3,271 of 12,993
Hi all,

i wanted to take a couple minutes to say thanks to everyone who contributes here. The SZ-2000 w/ E12 and 55X pads are truely a great combo.
I havent had a chance to mess with the EQ yet, but i bet thats a great tool. I'm just really blown away litterly by the bass this thing produces. Just Awesome!

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #3,272 of 12,993
Hi all,

i wanted to take a couple minutes to say thanks to everyone who contributes here. The SZ-2000 w/ E12 and 55X pads are truely a great combo.
I havent had a chance to mess with the EQ yet, but i bet thats a great tool. I'm just really blown away litterly by the bass this thing produces. Just Awesome!

You own the hardest hitting consumer headphone combo on the planet earth. Use an eq like in the vid last page and start from there.
It does a lot more than blow your brains out but it does that really ******* well

Oh yeah....forgot...

Welcome
very_evil_smiley.gif
 ​
 ​

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #3,273 of 12,993

1. Source
Apple Ipad
App - "Equalizer",
eq,
42Hz Q 1.000 +7.9dB
51Hz Q 1.000 +7.7dB
78Hz Q 5.000 +2.8dB

AMP
Fiio E12 - 16db gain,
bass boost on,

Get Wiz "On My level"
listen at those settings

Settings (same as above) at end of vid

and this is playing with it...very fun for a basshead

I followed your setting and WOW! my head is hurting from all that bass lol! It was fun to tweak it a bit and play with the EQ. Loving this headphones! Now, is there any IEM that has close to this amount of bass? I dont really feel like walking with these big boys "SZ" on the streets hahaha.

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #3,274 of 12,993
  I followed your setting and WOW! my head is hurting from all that bass lol! It was fun to tweak it a bit and play with the EQ. Loving this headphones! Now, is there any IEM that has close to this amount of bass? I dont really feel like walking with these big boys "SZ" on the streets hahaha.

Just knowing what they can do it a comfort then you try and fit what you like under that. That app has a couple decent pre-sets but NOT the bass one as it is too much with an amp inline.

Find a level of clarity your happy with...can get and enjoy.

For IEM you may wanna type "Basshead IEM" in the forum search bar
I have been modding my X5...it's got a Godzilla on it.
The eq name ....has been changed to "basshead"

Jan 14, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #3,275 of 12,993
The US Post Office has been passing around my SZ2000 headphones less than an hour and a half from my home since Saturday....

Quote:

​
 ​
 ​

Just 1 WORD:     TRAP!!!!!!!

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #3,276 of 12,993
Hey guys. New to the forum. In the market for a new pair of headphones and I figured I'd see if anyone can give some advice. I will be using the headphones mostly for music (mainly hip hop) and movies. I will be using the headphones for a variety of things including at home, travel, "walking around town" etc. so I need some level of portability and my price max is about $300.

I am also not really looking for a pair that I need to modify with an equalizer or amp as I am somewhat new to the headphone game. In a perfect world I would like to have nice balanced sound with insane bass as bass is what I am after but I know that is not all that possibly within my price range.

I have owned two Beats products in the past, a set of headphones and a set of earbuds. I had issues with both and will not go that route ever again. I also owned a set of Klipsch S4's which I loved while I owned them but they just didn't have the bass I was looking for.

I originally was looking into wireless earbuds, the Jaybirds Bluebuds X to be exact. I was actually to the point today where I added them to my cart on Amazon as they are now down to around $130. Just love the idea of ultra-portability combined with wireless bluetooth. I then began to think of going from my first set of Beats headphones to my first set of Beats earbuds and how big of a difference there was when it came to bass. Then I changed the the Klipsch set and they had much better overall sound but had even less bass than the Beats earbuds.

My thinking now is that I probably don't need to spend $130 on earbuds if sound quality and more importantly bass is what I am after.

I have done some research and have basically narrowed it down the the Audio Technica m50x and the V-moda m100. I love the idea of the amount of bass that I could get out of the SZ2000 but I don't know how portable they can be especially when it comes down to noise cancellation as I fly quite a bit. It sounds to me like the m50x might be a better overall sounding set compared to the m100 but that the m100 is the way to go when it comes to bass.

As of today I can get the V-moda's for $250 while I can get the M50x's for $170 so there is a substantial difference in price. Like I stated above, I am willing to spend up to $300 but I don't have to spend the whole $300.

I do like how portable the V-Moda's are and they come with a nice case. Headphones with a slimmer profile like the V-Moda's make it more comfortable to wear outside of the house and around town.

Guess it comes down to about 5 choices;

Jaybirds Bluebuds X
Audio Technica M50x
V-moda M100
(Enter any bass heavy, portable comp. here)
(Possibly a wired earbud here)

Suggestions Welcomed!!!!

I apologize for the length of the post but I wanted to give as much information as possible. Thanks for the help and I look forward to keeping up on this forum.

Nick

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #3,278 of 12,993
Hey guys. New to the forum. In the market for a new pair of headphones and I figured I'd see if anyone can give some advice. I will be using the headphones mostly for music (mainly hip hop) and movies. I will be using the headphones for a variety of things including at home, travel, "walking around town" etc. so I need some level of portability and my price max is about $300.

I am also not really looking for a pair that I need to modify with an equalizer or amp as I am somewhat new to the headphone game. In a perfect world I would like to have nice balanced sound with insane bass as bass is what I am after but I know that is not all that possibly within my price range.

I have owned two Beats products in the past, a set of headphones and a set of earbuds. I had issues with both and will not go that route ever again. I also owned a set of Klipsch S4's which I loved while I owned them but they just didn't have the bass I was looking for.

I originally was looking into wireless earbuds, the Jaybirds Bluebuds X to be exact. I was actually to the point today where I added them to my cart on Amazon as they are now down to around $130. Just love the idea of ultra-portability combined with wireless bluetooth. I then began to think of going from my first set of Beats headphones to my first set of Beats earbuds and how big of a difference there was when it came to bass. Then I changed the the Klipsch set and they had much better overall sound but had even less bass than the Beats earbuds.

My thinking now is that I probably don't need to spend $130 on earbuds if sound quality and more importantly bass is what I am after.

I have done some research and have basically narrowed it down the the Audio Technica m50x and the V-moda m100. I love the idea of the amount of bass that I could get out of the SZ2000 but I don't know how portable they can be especially when it comes down to noise cancellation as I fly quite a bit. It sounds to me like the m50x might be a better overall sounding set compared to the m100 but that the m100 is the way to go when it comes to bass.

As of today I can get the V-moda's for $250 while I can get the M50x's for $170 so there is a substantial difference in price. Like I stated above, I am willing to spend up to $300 but I don't have to spend the whole $300.

I do like how portable the V-Moda's are and they come with a nice case. Headphones with a slimmer profile like the V-Moda's make it more comfortable to wear outside of the house and around town.

Jaybirds Bluebuds X

Audio Technica M50x

V-moda M100

Suggestions Welcomed!!!!

I apologize for the length of the post but I wanted to give as much information as possible. Thanks for the help and I look forward to keeping up on this forum.

Nick

Hi and welcome, per your description it would make sense for you to go for the Vmoda M100, but if you want to go wireless than look into the Logitech UE9000. Both are stylish, come with good packaging, and Bass is sufficient while compact. Cant go wrong with either.

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #3,279 of 12,993
We have some new 40mm's needing to be tested in the fight club

That is if they even let them in the door... This did make me laugh quite a bit though.

http://www.axentwear.jp/en?locale=en#gallery

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #3,281 of 12,993

Jaybirds Bluebuds X
Audio Technica M50x
V-moda M100

Suggestions Welcomed!!!!

Nick

Hello Nick. I had the Vmoda M100 for about 2 weeks until I returned them. They look nice, great portability but for me the bass wasn't there all that. You will need an AMP to drive them and get that bass out. I LOVE bass so, maybe the quantity I was looking wasn't there but for you could be enough.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #3,282 of 12,993

ok , before i went on a search for Over the ear headphones, i kept searching and buying all he top bass IEMs out there.

ive tied the future sonics forgot the model but it has the flange tips and they dont make/selll them anymore they were actually pretty good

sony xb90ex - somewhat of a disappointment ,.. had high hopes for these but they did not deliver.. only sounds decent with tracks that have very low bass but not a good all around bass IEM

hippo vb - this is prob the BEST out of them all, variable bass plates, deep low hard hitting bass when paired with amp.

Meelectronics SP1 - a copy of the hippo vb, i got mine for just 18 bucks! and is just as good as the hippo, but hippo has a bit better bass but to most prob wont be noticeable.

atomic bass - 30 dollar IEMS with great bass, comes in 2nd/3rd but they are very cheaply made and will break down within a matter of months, thats where they fail.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #3,283 of 12,993
I was wondering if you had some suggestions for some serious bass cans under $100. I'm currently looking into the 77X. Also looking at the AKG K 240. I know they're not basshead, but think they would serve as a good secondary set. Kraken when i'm wanting bass and AKG when wanting a bit more detail.

Long time no see bro

It's been awhile....... 

You seriously looking for cans?
I'll be back later but have a look around.
If you find anything potentialy good lying around head -fi let us know
biggrin.gif

***For those who don't know...
NWA was here when we were a marginalized (it felt like) little blip with no channel and no love. He's an Extreme Bass thread O.G***

@Hawaiibadboy
Yeah, I'm looking again. Either that or a Dac. I'm selling my guitar so I can upgrade my phone early, but have decided to use the money on something else and just wait 4 months to get a different phone. Going to be getting the Nexus 6, which has a lower output than my HTC.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #3,284 of 12,993
  I was wondering if you had some suggestions for some serious bass cans under $100. I'm currently looking into the 77X. Also looking at the AKG K 240. I know they're not basshead, but think they would serve as a good secondary set. Kraken when i'm wanting bass and AKG when wanting a bit more detail

Long time no see bro

You seriously looking for cans?
I'll be back later but have a look around.
If you find anything potentialy good lying around head -fi let us know
biggrin.gif

***For those who don't know...
NWA was here when we were a marginalized (it felt like) little blip with no channel and no love. He's an Extreme Bass thread O.G***

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #3,285 of 12,993
hey guys
currently I have the gr02 bass edition, and to be honest, I dont't feel that they are so bass...
I'm using them with the rockboxed sansa clip+, and with bass level set to 5/6, it's not bad, but... I don't really like the sound.
Also I have the ipod nano 7, and the sound it's better but not bassy at all..

I was considering on buying the hippo vb or something similar.

Do you think that I will feel the difference?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back