The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 7, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #3,211 of 12,991
hi everyone.
i want to buy my first true headphone and is to listen most of the time eletronic music more exactly techno and as you know needs a lot and quality bass.but i dont listen just techno and i want good quality to the others styles that the bass is not important. so i want a headphone that produces a lot and quality bass but not compromised and spoil when i want listen other types of music that dont need so much bass.
my question is its better buy an amp like fiio e12 and a cheaper (but good) headphone or buy just a top headphone because i dont have so much money to buy an amp and a top headphone maybe less 200€ and i dont know if i buy an amp and a headphone or not an amp, save the money and buy a better headphone. i think i explain right my question
cumps

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #3,214 of 12,991
If you guys could have any pair of headphones what would it be?

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #3,215 of 12,991
  Apparently you really do need to hold your phone sideways. New to video recording. Lol sorry the vid isn't bigger guys.

That is nice!! The first vid was so loud and now it's so quiet ( easy to extrapolate going 1/2 way back up might be in order)

Keep using that song and tune it as best as you can which can take quite a while and then that will be applicable to most bass heavy tracks.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #3,216 of 12,991
Honestly I don't dislike the standard bass boost or the bass and high boost (standard V). I also quite like flat eq with these cans. They do need amped to power through the veil if you use a bass boost otherwise the bass overwhelms the mids and highs.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #3,217 of 12,991
  Honestly I don't dislike the standard bass boost or the bass and high boost (standard V). I also quite like flat eq with these cans. They do need amped to power through the veil if you use a bass boost otherwise the bass overwhelms the mids and highs.

That's why I check to see by how much my eq boosts anything above 50 hz. It peaks high at 25hz and goes steadily down from there with (Q) at 1. ~100hz is unaffected or else it messes up the sound. That Bass Boost preset in peacegui is unlistenable for me lol. Custom eq ftw! I can keep the same eq for all my gear.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #3,218 of 12,991

Whatever floats your boat  kicks it to pieces with bass until it sinks
biggrin.gif

On a side note.....those pads seem to be not bothering bass delivery at all. Cool!!

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #3,220 of 12,991
For example I bought the JVC hasz2000. Personally I don't think it was too bad at only 220 USD. It was fun to listen to unamped. Just buy the best phones you can and save up for an amp.
I definitely recommend the JVC but its up to you to weigh the pros and cons of the top 10...cost, size, etc.

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #3,222 of 12,991

thanks for the pic. I have enlarged it and studied it..

conclusion: i dont know if its the lighting or what but the leather/pleather on yours look to be a bit better quality and the black seems a couple of shades darker as well. Again, this could just be all from lighting.

I guess what i will do is test them out for their performance, if they perform how i have read in descriptions from members in this thread then i will be happy and put to rest the whole fake or not issue.

and yes, from years of experience, i know that Chinese will and do replicate almost EVERYTHING - and sometimes (if you search in the right places) they do a pretty good job.

Was going to send PM but my pads came sooner than expected.  I didn't expect much for $10 but they are actually nicer than anticipated.  Mine look like the above pic and don't seem too cheap compared to other low-end pads I have encountered. 

I don't know how much use they will get aside from putting them on for massive impact tests.  It's really hard to go to anything else after going Alpha.   

Side note:  really liking YG - My Krazy Life.  Reminds me of old school Spice1, CMW, et al.

I really need to get some PC EQ going.  I tried Equalizer APO but the driver on this work PC isn't liking it.  Something else to mess with on my next day off...

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #3,223 of 12,991
Man, I'm starting to get antsy reading all your posts.  I want to join-in so badly, but my SZ2000s are just now in Osaka from Kyoto.  Looks like I might get them any time between Friday and Tuesday, which is MUCH better than the original Feb/March timeframe the first vendor had given me!  I broke out the Brainwavz replacement pads I got to inspect them after all the chat about cheap-looking/knockoff pads.  They look good, and seem to be pretty decent quality.  Though they are not super thick like the ones  HBB was showing.  They look more like black version of the red pads TheDragonGuy has in his video.  I certainly don't feel ripped-off for the $19 USD that I got them delivered for.  Got my Wiz Khalifa queued-up and just missing my SZ's....  Tuesday can't come quickly enough! 
basshead.gif

Jan 8, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #3,224 of 12,991
Quote:

Was going to send PM but my pads came sooner than expected.  I didn't expect much for $10 but they are actually nicer than anticipated.  Mine look like the above pic and don't seem too cheap compared to other low-end pads I have encountered. 

I don't know how much use they will get aside from putting them on for massive impact tests.  It's really hard to go to anything else after going Alpha.   

Side note:  really liking YG - My Krazy Life.  Reminds me of old school Spice1, CMW, et al.

I really need to get some PC EQ going.  I tried Equalizer APO but the driver on this work PC isn't liking it.  Something else to mess with on my next day off...

Mention of Old School rappers like Spice mutha ******* 1 gets  a cookie.

The cookie is awesome.

This is me.

Good times indeed!!
biggrin.gif

Enjoy your cookie  and a clazzik!

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #3,225 of 12,991
Good morning, HBB! I am so happy to have found these wonderful posts of yours! I'm new to the forums and to the audio hobby in general. I was hoping you could help answer a few questions for me. I've only been able to go through around 50 pages of this thread so far and I'm still working on it so please forgive me if I'm resurrecting an old topic.

1) Do the SZ2000 + 55x ear pads still reign supreme as the best bass cannons you have discovered?

2) For the ear pads, are the HAMR55x and the HA-MR55x the same thing?

3) Should I be concerned about the discontinuation of these products? I would really like to obtain this setup, but it won't be for awhile. For now I'm settling on the HA-MR77x.

4) Could you give me a recap on how to fully optimize the 77x? So far, the info I have managed to gather is:

- Use a DAP with an equalizer that has 20Hz adjustment capabilities.
- Hook it up to an amp with gain and bass boost enabled.
- Apply some kind of aluminum modification? (Reference: http://cdn.head-fi.org/9/9b/9b8f2143_IMGP0514.jpeg)

Could you elaborate on how to install this mod and explain like I'm 5? I don't really have much experience in tinkering with electronics, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Thank you in advance and thank you for all the contributions you have shared with the community! This thread is a true gem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back