The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 7, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #3,196 of 12,991
Jan 7, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #3,197 of 12,991
That's it, but it said that you cant prove anything.... Lol

who said that you cant prove anything?

im sure hawaiibadboy and many others in this forum has legit real 55x pads.. all we need is a few detailed pics or a vid showing the pads up close and i can decipher from there whether they are authentic or not..

OR anyone that is sure they have real 55x pads can also confirm or deny that the material does feel cheap or fake. If someone that is sure they have the real deal also confirms they do feel cheap and the build quality sucks on them (but they totally deliver in the sound and bass department), then ill be satisfied that i indeed got real pads.

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #3,198 of 12,991
Dude you have the magni!? I've been really wondering how the sz2ks are with a magni. How is it? How does it compare with an E12 or E11? Is the bass with a magni really rattling enough?

Magni 2U is all I've used except my onboard soundcard. Onboard is meh... .magni 2u gets so loud my eardrums seem to shake. I can't imagine more bass than this.

Jan 7, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #3,201 of 12,991

do me a favor bro, when you get them in the mail please tell me what you think about the quality. I have no idea, maybe im wrong, maybe they are suppose to be like this, but my first impression is that the material and feel is very cheap.. totally reeks of replica or knockoff to me.

about the alpha pads, are those the next best pads to be used with the sz2000s? i need to buy a backup now just to be sure

thanks

I will let you know via PM once they come in.

I really like the Alpha pads.  They are very big and conform nicely to the head.  Some say they are too much padding but I wear my cans for long periods of time and wear glasses.  The Brainwavez are also supposed to be some of the best for comfort and hit.  I am going to pick up a set of them eventually as well.  I would like to test them all out for myself. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #3,202 of 12,991
about the alpha pads, are those the next best pads to be used with the sz2000s? i need to buy a backup now just to be sure

100% genuine lambskin leather, best comfort I've gotten with the SZ2000. So soft. I still can't believe bass goes through them in raw form for them being so thick. Envelops your ears real nice too. 

Love mine with them:

Jan 7, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #3,203 of 12,991

who said that you cant prove anything?

im sure hawaiibadboy and many others in this forum has legit real 55x pads.. all we need is a few detailed pics or a vid showing the pads up close and i can decipher from there whether they are authentic or not..

OR anyone that is sure they have real 55x pads can also confirm or deny that the material does feel cheap or fake. If someone that is sure they have the real deal also confirms they do feel cheap and the build quality sucks on them (but they totally deliver in the sound and bass department), then ill be satisfied that i indeed got real pads.

The actual 55X headphones were like $40 on discount on amazon.ca when I bought them. Resources used to make the pads must be really low level material but understandably so like all headphones at that price. No point in making knockoffs imo but chinese dealers are legendary for making knockoffs of anything on earth lol so wouldn't be surprising. 

If yours look like the ones here (right click and open in new tab for high res) and not any worse it's probably the real thing (pads with the red on the inside):

But I didn't find them cheaply made honestly. Only thing I didn't like is my ears being still too close to the drivers on the SZ2000.

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #3,205 of 12,991
  The actual 55X headphones were like $40 on discount on amazon.ca when I bought them. Resources used to make the pads must be really low level material but understandably so like all headphones at that price. No point in making knockoffs imo but chinese dealers are legendary for making knockoffs of anything on earth lol so wouldn't be surprising. 

If yours look like the ones here (right click and open in new tab for high res) and not any worse it's probably the real thing (pads with the red on the inside):

But I didn't find them cheaply made honestly. Only thing I didn't like is my ears being still too close to the drivers on the SZ2000.

thanks for the pic. I have enlarged it and studied it..

conclusion: i dont know if its the lighting or what but the leather/pleather on yours look to be a bit better quality and the black seems a couple of shades darker as well. Again, this could just be all from lighting.

I guess what i will do is test them out for their performance, if they perform how i have read in descriptions from members in this thread then i will be happy and put to rest the whole fake or not issue.

and yes, from years of experience, i know that Chinese will and do replicate almost EVERYTHING - and sometimes (if you search in the right places) they do a pretty good job.

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #3,206 of 12,991
That's it, but its sad that we cant prove anything.... Lol

They look legit and are cheap pads and seller has good feedback.
I'd  worry about skinned uber pads like @DreamKing has.but even that might be a reach. Chinese making cheap copies of cheap pads seems unlikely. The 55x are for basshead impact. Then you grab some stuff like Dream or Dragon guy have and get comfy.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #3,209 of 12,991
  If I see your pic right thats how I had it or similar at least. 

Cut everything down to the bottom. Your at zero now. Go down to the floor. It will just quiet the loud vocals and everything else evenly.

Slowly gain with amp until it is quiet but clear. Now start pulling up only the sub sliders

It's a identical sound slope but the highs will be softer and the bass has more headroom to be tuned to perfect slam.
 Try it
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #3,210 of 12,991
Video uploading. Much more impressive. I don't notice a huge diff but this test was done without a dac as my wallwart for the modi was making weird noises and I'm waiting for a new one and just using the magni 2 uber right now. At max volume I would say it really does hurt the ears, even on low gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back