The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 19, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #2,911 of 12,991
I don't really want to mess with that high level text editing eq stuff.  I do have a built in eq program that seems to be okay but its not all shiney with tons of extra options. I mean it lets me kill the voices for karaoke and raise and lower octaves  and change eq curves a bit but I guess i want something more robust.

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #2,912 of 12,991
"There are a couple of programs and apps that very good for pc use. Equilify for use with spotify and EQ APO but this changes the whole parameter of your pc. So everything that deals with sound is affected with adjusting with APO"

Also make sure to check if you have a native eq program. With my motherboard, the sound drivers include a built in EQ. What OS do you have? I can walk you through, takes like 10 seconds. It may not look or be as advanced as some third party EQ programs, but it works, easy to use and because it is native should not have any problems.

That Equalify will help a lot. I only ever really listen to pandora or spotify for my music anyway.

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #2,913 of 12,991
  The reason we use the E12 is because SZ2K needs power to do what the thread is about: extreme bass. Sure, some amps can make them sound loud but no amp I have can make the cups vibrate and shake like the e12 can. The gain setting adds even more earthquake. That's what the power is for. I never tried the e11 but I think someone might have tried both the e11 and the e12 with these cans so maybe they can chime in. Until then, I vouch for the e12 100%.

Totally true on that, E12 has more power, so it will power the cans more, specifically with bass in our cases. I definitely will get the E12, but I will try them with my E11 first and see what its like. Crossing my fingers for a pair of SZ2Ks soon!

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #2,915 of 12,991
I don't really want to mess with that high level text editing eq stuff.  I do have a built in eq program that seems to be okay but its not all shiney with tons of extra options. I mean it lets me kill the voices for karaoke and raise and lower octaves  and change eq curves a bit but I guess i want something more robust.

Well not sure if you knew but viper has drivers for PC too

Has a few more setting than what's available on android.

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #2,918 of 12,991

It doesn't require high level of knowledge honestly and you don't even have to do it by text, that's what the UI program is for.It's the only robust free PC EQ I know of that is compatible with my system (20db's or more). Once you install it on a source and know how to do the curves with the UI you save it to a folder and you're done. The only really new thing from basic eq's (besides higher db boost threshold) is the fact that you can change the curve's range (BW/Q). 

This is what mine looks like:

You use that as a template with the E12 and SZ2K, save the file or change it any way you like if necessary and you're done. Plus, the only thing you would have to change really is the boosted frequencies you want (45, 50, 60, etc) and the db's if it's too much. This is the only way I know of to reach ~20db's boost or more. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #2,919 of 12,991
  It doesn't require high level of knowledge honestly and you don't even have to do it by text, that's what the UI program is for.It's the only robust free PC EQ I know of that is compatible with my system (20db's or more). Once you install it on a source and know how to do the curves with the UI you save it to a folder and you're done. The only really new thing from basic eq's (besides higher db boost threshold) is the fact that you can change the curve's range (BW/Q). 

This is what mine looks like:

You use that as a template with the E12 and SZ2K, save the file or change it any way you like if necessary and you're done. Plus, the only thing you would have to change really is the boosted frequencies you want (45, 50, 60, etc) and the db's if it's too much. This is the only way I know of to reach ~20db's boost or more. 

Sorta noob to EQ here, why should one use this instead of a basic 10 band eq, like this? Is there any much difference besides the UI?

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #2,920 of 12,991
  Thinking of getting the SZ1000, what would be your opinion HBB?

I have a better grasp on what "mids" are to an audiophile. I now have   Sony MA 900 which are 70mm very open back and employ a "bass lens". Guitar , male and female vocals are like listening to Vinyl and that is my highest compliment.  Some HD800 owners  really love the ma 900 as they are lighter and seem to only have some grain at the high but they love vinyl so.... and the HD800 to a man ( 2 Headphone shop owners) find the 800 to be analytical to an extreme. I was given the ma by a guy who loves em' and owns his HD 800 jacked in a woo audio fiefly right on his counter like a show toy. I say all that because I can now appreciate what audiophiles are saying when talking about staging ,separation and mid vocal clarity. I'm a basshead but I get the love.

That as my reference

The SZ1000 at moderate (normal listening levels) seem to deliver a smoother low to mid transition. The brass cylinder in the sz2k was supposed to control resonance ...and it does....at nutzo listening levels. At lower levels the sz1k dampening tabs work just right.

@gelocks owned both and only kept the 1k.

The sz2k are cannons best listened to at high gain and bass slope. A basshead dream. An accidental Einstein by the JVC developers in making a monster (though they said they were trying to simulate loud floor speaker like listening so maybe it was no accident??)

I paid 130 dollars for my 1k to complete the set so it was a no brainer. I love the 2k more but I know it's limits and the 1k do not share the same ones.

The 1k will "tone out" at really high gain like ALL plastic enclosed cans. The 2k will suffer from driver wobble before any resonating tone becomes un acceptable audio distortion thanks to the full brass tube/cannon. The 2k are beasts. The 1k are their friendlier brother.

Complete the set.

Pull
the
trigger.
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #2,924 of 12,991
No problem, HBB and TDG. I would want as much help from others, so I want to help others as much as I can.

On another note, I'm starting to second think the SZ2K's. It's quite clear that they have not great mids, and I assume highs, along with being veiled. But the SZ1K's aren't as veiled, supposedly, and should still have banging bass. So I'm starting to wonder if the mega bass on the 2Ks is worth the lack of mids and veiled sound... conversely, if the 1Ks less bass is worth possibly better mids and less veiled sound.
Im worried I'll get the 2Ks,throw them on in excitement, then only to hear a lifeless, dull, heavily veiled song. It wouldn't be the first time that happened, I'm ******* tired of hunting for the right set of cans.

Dec 20, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #2,925 of 12,991
No problem, HBB and TDG. I would want as much help from others, so I want to help others as much as I can.

On another note, I'm starting to second think the SZ2K's. It's quite clear that they have not great mids, and I assume highs, along with being veiled. But the SZ1K's aren't as veiled, supposedly, and should still have banging bass. So I'm starting to wonder if the mega bass on the 2Ks is worth the lack of mids and veiled sound... conversely, if the 1Ks less bass is worth possibly better mids and less veiled sound.
Im worried I'll get the 2Ks,throw them on in excitement, then only to hear a lifeless, dull, heavily veiled song. It wouldn't be the first time that happened, I'm ******* tired of hunting for the right set of cans.

If you listen to a lot of hip hop R&B and Motown which is most of my library the sz2k limits will not bother you in the least. They are a Hip Hop heads dream.  Most bass heavy tracks are mastered in a "V" way.  The sz do not have poor mids. They have a veil that interferes with clarity which is an issue if rock guitars are your thing.  The sz2k are my primary cans. I can buy whatever I like but put such a premium on stout bass that I can't let them go. The sz2k are an audio AND a physical experience that is unique. I want my ears to say O.k., that's it **** this...too much!!...I do NOT want my drivers to do that.

You ever wonder why a lot of kinda bassheads don't join in here? Cuz they buy cans for 600 bucks and have to send them off to get modded to tame the treble or bass.....tame....the bass
blink.gif

We don't do that **** around here. We tune bass we never tame it or tighten it or whatever the **** those folks think putting dampening material in a wood cup? Ya know wood has it's own unique resonating properties that are canceled if you put dynamat in it.

Unless the material has a superior molecular density it's gonna swallow the bass more than the material being covered. 

The sz stomp a mud hole in their favorite moded cans and they know it. In latin they call that buttus hurtsis badsis

I mentioned mids and the ma so someone doesn't think...hey what does a basshead know about mids?

Plenty.

Still rock the sz2k.

Remember this is extreme basshead. <<<<That's kinda weird...no?

Basshead isn't a person who likes a +4dB bump at 50Hz. That's a person who likes a little bass or has an affinity for the low end of the spectrum.  I have 2 15" subwoofers in my car...both cars. I set off car alarms and ****. I rock my body and anyone close enough.  I try to do that with cans.
Only one set will do.
Though all on the list get ya pretty close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back