The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 18, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #2,881 of 12,991
Dec 18, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #2,883 of 12,991
  Thanks. Just found out right before you posted. Thanks for the link though. 

No worries.  And nice avatar.
normal_smile .gif

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #2,886 of 12,991
Yeah, L16 on top of my list. Already got it found for $17 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KQ4EAU6/ref=pd_aw_sims_8?pi=SL500_SS115&simLd=1
I've been thinking of doing DIY, but I would probably be too lazy or mess it up. I'll likely get the l16

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #2,888 of 12,991
Just placebo effect. But there can be very very slight differences in sound. Whether it be gold cables, silver, copper, etc, the varying materials will influence the signal slightly and thus change the sound a little, but no more. The rest is placebo. Why they can cost $1000 is beyond me though, even if the whole 4 inch thing is made of pure gold and platinum and silver I doubt it would be worth $1000.

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #2,891 of 12,991
So I realized the jvc sz2000 is 16ohm and  has a max input capability of 1,500mW. So would that would be problematic if I got the magni 2 or magni 2 uber as they are 1.8W and 2.1W? Is it likely to cause damage if you don't turn the amps up all the way? Is it likely to cause damage with just normal usage? I was really really looking forward to the schitt stack until I saw this possible problem.

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #2,892 of 12,991
So I realized the jvc sz2000 is 16ohm and  has a max input capability of 1,500mW. So would that would be problematic if I got the magni 2 or magni 2 uber as they are 1.8W and 2.1W? Is it likely to cause damage if you don't turn the amps up all the way? Is it likely to cause damage with just normal usage? I was really really looking forward to the schitt stack until I saw this possible problem.

What. I didn't even know they where coming out with new versions. This is interesting might have to cop a set of the magni modi after the holidays.

You dont have to worry about damaging the cans. What you see is max power output. So long as you dont crank it up all the way you dont have worry about it.

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #2,894 of 12,991
Alright. I do plan to crank them up a bit. I guess it wouldnt be massively overpowering them...and its just one headphone if it goes kaput.

If you spend some time with the hardest hitting/ hardest to reproduce tracks on your playlist and gently turn that knob (whatever amp) and keep going in micro steps to the edge of distortion..hear the wobble/flutter or something off and back it down a tad you'll be good whatever the specs are. The cans and amp are dance partners that will perform as good as the weaker one can go. The cans should always be the weaker one. If the amp can be fully maxed it's not enough. The amp is the male lead in this dance.

So the hardest track you got  as far as it will go is your line. Everything else will be behind that line even at it's max listening level.
 In all the tests and crazy car audio test tracks I have slammed they have only distorted one time because of my own stupidity.

Balance.

Nudge the eq  up and drop the gain or raise the gain and drop the slider. It's ******* beautiful to find the sweet spot for your set. You may have a set of _______  like others but yours are unique.
Variations between identical cans are amazing. subtle but real. At high gain any flaws or superior tolerances will factor into that amp which is another unique...slightly....like the cans...piece of electronics.

I know your SZ will thump your skull and make your ears ring and hum after you take them off. You will grin. Maybe say "Fuuuuuucing dayum" or something but exactly what setting on that knob and at what slider setting will be your own sweet spot.

How many folks never take the time to perfect their cans.  (most) That's not audiophile anti-eq that's lazy.

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #2,895 of 12,991
Do you guys know of any EQ apps for Android that can eq ask sound that goes through the device. Because normal eq apps work fine for music on the device locally, but it doesn't seem to work for steamed music. Is there any way to apply an eq to music that is not on the device already, like streaming music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back