The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 7, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #2,356 of 12,991
  I'm still searching for a set of cans that sound like my JVC FX850 iem.  The sound on those are so great.  The bass hits hard, deep, and fast.  Now if I could find the same sound in a set of cans I'd be set.  I recently got a set of hd650 and it's good but not near the FX850 sound that I love so much.  I'm thinking about taking a chance on the jvc sz2000.

You shouldn't.

You need a pad change and your profile lists Heavy Metal and 80's Rock.

If you like using an eq and finding the slope to get the dual driver config to work I'd say "jump" since dual driver configs are the future if they can figure a way to make it work better and easier.
As it is you'd need to get your hands on em and rip off the pads and spend hours with an eq. I spent hours/days finding my sweet spot but right out the box these don't even sound bassy. Put an e/12 and a super bass slope in their face though?....boom ..ka ******* boom!!

If you were a Hip Hop head I'd say go go go...but I got no experience with squeezing 80's rock outta these so I say no no no
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #2,357 of 12,991

You shouldn't.

If you like using an eq and finding the slope to get the dual driver config to work I'd say "jump" since dual driver configs are the future if they can figure a way to make it work better and easier.
As it is you'd need to get your hands on em and rip off the pads and spend hours with an eq. I spent hours/days finding my sweet spot but right out the box these don't even sound bassy. Put an e/12 and a super bass slope in their face though?....boom ..ka ******* boom!!

If you were a Hip Hop head I'd say go go go...but I got no experience with squeezing 80's rock outta these so I say no no no
wink.gif

Thanks for your honest answer.  I love the sound of the jvc fx850, but they are heavy for IEMs and feel like they might fall out all the time but that sound is sooooo mean so if could ever find a similar sound in a full size set of cans, I'd be set.  I'm originally from Hawaii (kaimuki) too.  Thanks!

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #2,358 of 12,991

Thanks for your honest answer.  I love the sound of the jvc fx850, but they are heavy for IEMs and feel like they might fall out all the time but that sound is sooooo mean so if could ever find a similar sound in a full size set of cans, I'd be set.  I'm originally from Hawaii (kaimuki) too.  Thanks!

128 bucks on Amazon.

One of THE MOST slept on headphones ever. @gelocks is a respected straight shooting member and we both loved these. He does listen to rock i know that for sure.

These have a great low end and can play back 80's guitar rifs.

I would consider these if I were you and for the current price they are well worth it.

I used to work at Simone's pizza between Kapahulu and Kaimuki. I delivered 30 pizzas a day while going to H.P.U

Good times!!
Aloha and good luck!

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #2,359 of 12,991

128 bucks on Amazon.

One of THE MOST slept on headphones ever. @gelocks is a respected straight shooting member and we both loved these. He does listen to rock i know that for sure.

These have a great low end and can play back 80's guitar rifs.

I would consider these if I were you and for the current price they are well worth it.

Yup, do listen to rock and pop (and mexican electro pop ... whatever that means! LOL) among other genres. I definitely liked (and still do) the N-Pulse's! :)
And agree, for $120 they are a pretty good buy. Of course, if you can get them cheaper used (I like buying used gear LOL), then the go from "a pretty good buy" to a "steal" (if found for less than $90).

Oct 7, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #2,361 of 12,991

You shouldn't.

wink.gif

yup if jvc can refine the sq in the dual driver setup, its over for me, wet dreams.

or go over to where the big boys play, fostex th600 or ultrasone sig dj's.  got a pair of th600 for sale :wink:

Oct 8, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #2,364 of 12,991
Will the new ULTRASONE Performance be extreme basshead worthy?

And no Pro 900 love here?

My sisters BF is a certified audiophile as he works in a music studio and they use the Pro 900.
OT.
ehh ultrasones usually have really trash treble... And the S-logic reduces the SPL quite a bit, so not for bassheads. I wouldn't use ultrasones for studio work if I were him. The treble is just completely all over the place and confused sounding. Not very accurate representation of sound. My opinion of course.

Oct 8, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #2,365 of 12,991
Will the new ULTRASONE Performance be extreme basshead worthy?

And no Pro 900 love here?

My sisters BF is a certified audiophile as he works in a music studio and they use the Pro 900.

Certified? No certificate of graduation and I ain't buying it!!
deadhorse.gif

Pro 900

No.
I love sub-bass....so
No love here.

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #2,366 of 12,991
Hey guys, 

I just received my HA-SZ2000 yesterday. My setup is  MSI P67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 motherboard with integrated sound, and a Objective2 Headphone Amplifier. I got the HA-SZ2000's from recommendation on this thread. However, my previous purchase of the  Audio-Technica ATH-M50S, to ME, sound better and have better Bass. Is this due to my setup? Is there something I'm missing to make the HA-SZ2000 bass come alive? I got the x50 replacement pads as well. I'm going to update my sound drivers, but I may just go back and repurchase the audio - techs, or order something different. Any other recomendations? 

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #2,367 of 12,991
  Hey guys, 

I just received my HA-SZ2000 yesterday. My setup is  MSI P67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 motherboard with integrated sound, and a Objective2 Headphone Amplifier. I got the HA-SZ2000's from recommendation on this thread. However, my previous purchase of the  Audio-Technica ATH-M50S, to ME, sound better and have better Bass. Is this due to my setup? Is there something I'm missing to make the HA-SZ2000 bass come alive? I got the x50 replacement pads as well. I'm going to update my sound drivers, but I may just go back and repurchase the audio - techs, or order something different. Any other recomendations? 

It has been mentioned a bunch of times here and on the SZ2000 thread that the JVCs are giant bass monsters especially when EQ'ed... also, how do you have the O2 connected to your PC? Do you also have the ODAC --> O2? Or are you using headphone out to line-in via a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable (or RCA cables... dependent on the O2 you bought?)

In my experience, the SZ2000 were not my cup of tea (I actually like the SZ1000 better) but I could drive them to the point that I could get a headache with all the vibration from the sub-bass that they delivered and that was just from mp3 player --> Schiit Magni with lots of volume :)

So not sure what's going on with your setup... but if you find that the M50s are better for your ears, then by all means, get the M50s :) Sometimes sound signatures just don't "gel" with one person's ears/mind...

Good luck!

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #2,368 of 12,991
  Hey guys, 

You see that vid above your post?

Your not giving it enough power. You need to raise the sub-bass via eq.
I am not familiar with the Objective2. Is there a hardware bass boost circuit?

I've not seen anyone do a bass test with a MB based system.

Download this file

Play it on your M50s and show me something like the video above your post. There are only 2 or 3 cans on the consumer market that can move that kind of air and the ATH are not one of them....not even close.

1/2 a sheet of A4 paper laid however you like and show me the big bass.

OR

Play the same track over the sz and tell me what your settings are and i can walk you through the process. You need to elevate the 30-60Hz region a lot. This is the extreme bass thread and the 30-60 is a good part of the toughest chunk.

Can you raise the sub bass? What is your eq?

Or

like gelocks said just go back to the 50's...different strokes

But the bass is there in spades

As for other rec's I'd say Npulse or Yammy Pro 500
(without knowing what you listen to or how you listen to it those 2 would be safe rec's)

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #2,369 of 12,991

It has been mentioned a bunch of times here and on the SZ2000 thread that the JVCs are giant bass monsters especially when EQ'ed... also, how do you have the O2 connected to your PC? Do you also have the ODAC --> O2? Or are you using headphone out to line-in via a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable (or RCA cables... dependent on the O2 you bought?)

In my experience, the SZ2000 were not my cup of tea (I actually like the SZ1000 better) but I could drive them to the point that I could get a headache with all the vibration from the sub-bass that they delivered and that was just from mp3 player --> Schiit Magni with lots of volume :)

So not sure what's going on with your setup... but if you find that the M50s are better for your ears, then by all means, get the M50s :) Sometimes sound signatures just don't "gel" with one person's ears/mind...

Good luck!

I have the O2 connected to the 3.5mm jack directly on the motherboard. Then the headphones are connected to the O2 by 3.5mm again. With a DAC and digital cable coming from my MB to the O2 give me the difference I'm looking for? Thank you for the patience as obviously I'm a huge noob here. I don't see an EQ knob on your Magni, and there isn't one on the O2 either. How do I adjust the EQ? Is this through a DAC (which I don't have, but will get if that is what you think I need) or through software? Thanks!

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #2,370 of 12,991

You see that vid above your post?

Your not giving it enough power. You need to raise the sub-bass via eq.
I am not familiar with the Objective2. Is there a hardware bass boost circuit?

I've not seen anyone do a bass test with a MB based system.

Download this file

Play it on your M50s and show me something like the video above your post. There are only 2 or 3 cans on the consumer market that can move that kind of air and the ATH are not one of them....not even close.

1/2 a sheet of A4 paper laid however you like and show me the big bass.

OR

Play the same track over the sz and tell me what your settings are and i can walk you through the process. You need to elevate the 30-60Hz region a lot. This is the extreme bass thread and the 30-60 is a good part of the toughest chunk.

Can you raise the sub bass? What is your eq?

Or

like gelocks said just go back to the 50's...different strokes

But the bass is there in spades

As for other rec's I'd say Npulse or Yammy Pro 500
(without knowing what you listen to or how you listen to it those 2 would be safe rec's)

I'm at work right now, so I can't do the paper test. I'm not sure how I would be able to adjust the sub base or eq any more. The O2 amp only has a 1 press EQ button, on or off, and it definitely sounds better with it on. The other amps I see recommended don't have any EQ knob at all. How do you boost the sub bass? 

To your edit: I got these for RAP and hip hop. I got the O2 amp because it was highly regarded on this forum and was very reasonable priced at $129. The top desktop amps seem to be 300+ here. Will a DAC + optical cable running from mb give me what I'm looking for? Is there software you use to adjust the levels youre talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back