The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Sep 7, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #2,208 of 12,991
HE-6 bass, fed from my Pioneer Spec system from the speaker taps, has the most visceral bass I've heard. Yes, better than TH900 and D7000.

But I doubt it would push paper comparably.

Sep 7, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #2,209 of 12,991
Any chance we can get an amped HE-6 paper test next? I've heard ridiculous things about the HE-6 bass when properly fed. I remember in our PMs you said you never bothered paper testing open air cans, but seems like you've had a change of heart. 

This test served a singular purpose but is not a change of heart.

Please read:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/2190#post_10859158

HE-6 bass, fed from my Pioneer Spec system from the speaker taps, has the most visceral bass I've heard. Yes, better than TH900 and D7000.

But I doubt it would push paper comparably.

I agree, the HE-6 bass texture is almost tangible to touch it's so well formed, just pure quality :)

But for the fullest force of bass slam - king of the hill is the SZ2K power pill thrill :basshead:

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #2,210 of 12,991
Crushed the dead base into bits so we could..​
 ​
Celebrate 80,000 and the upcoming 5th gen "Top 10" list​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Meanwhile...What??

Why doesn't young Dubs own these?
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Just got a return on a comment from way back from this dude​
 ​

​
 ​

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #2,211 of 12,991
Crushed the dead base into bits so we could..​

Celebrate 80,000 and the upcoming 5th gen "Top 10" list​

Meanwhile...What??

Why doesn't young Dubs own these?

Just got a return on a comment from way back from this dude​

Whoa!

That's some déjà vu going on there - I checked that G Milla track on YT about a fortnight ago (not sure if that equates to déjà vu but what the hell :D)

Video freaked me a little with the vintage film clips and all, but a killer track with a unique style about dudes music - quality stuff that stands out from the crowd :beerchug:

Why doesn't young Dubs own the HD631?

The question may be: why doesn't every basshead own the HD631?

Dubs says these bass busters are like $31 USD in the States :basshead:

That's just a couple of cheezburgers kinda cost but the only fat you'll get off the 631's is the phat bass that kicks out their not 50 but 51mm drivers - I think that extra 1mm is the straw that broke the camels back from making these great rather than just a straight up kinda can, and can they certainly do the do as the video shows how they do the do on the paper response that they do - do you get me - just raise your right hand and say "I do" but I can solemnly declare that these cans are moar than fair on your pocket and severely sock it to you in the bass bins dept....and that's a good sale of goods :wink:

Here's an unboxing video I found on the interwebs - it had been pushed into a tube but I pulled it out and dusted it down & it turns out it's off 2012 - so these cans have been around a little while but there's no denial that Extreme Bass Club brought it to the attention of all with style with putting it through the bass/paper test trial :basshead: :D

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/ZcCSsanclik[/VIDEO]

Track on video is about right "sometimes I get a good feeling - yeah!" :beerchug:
Love the pics at end of video of the dudes little kid with dad's new cans - baby bass in the place (London) :D

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/xdw4d12T_fU[/VIDEO]
2mcu9z7.gif

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #2,212 of 12,991
Whoa!

That's some déjà vu going on there - I checked that G Milla track on YT about a fortnight ago (not sure if that equates to déjà vu but what the hell
biggrin.gif
)

Video freaked me a little with the vintage film clips and all, but a killer track with a unique style about dudes music - quality stuff that stands out from the crowd
beerchug.gif

Why doesn't young Dubs own the HD631?

The question may be: why doesn't every basshead own the HD631?

Dubs says these bass busters are like $31 USD in the States
basshead.gif

I wade through a see a mediocrity in the music business cuz anyone can spin and mix now but this song (before the vid) just...man ...it must sound dope on the Blue beauties you showed above. Just a sick track. Then the vid was pretty ill too but I was already thumping the beaches with his stuff for months. I sent him a message and said if he had anything like WIz with a constant sub-bass hit 30,35,40,45 over a standard 65,70,75,80 I'd use it to test with cuz he was cool enough to reply...a year later
biggrin.gif

I sent a video of the paper test
tongue.gif

Dubs needs to be owning and testing these instead of UE600,000
deadhorse.gif

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #2,213 of 12,991
won a pair of SZ2000 on ebay and an e12...should be a good bass experience  I asked earlier about where to buy the SZ2000, but ultimately thought dealing with an import from japan would be too annoying since I live in the states (not to mention expensive!).  luckily I found an auction from someone in the US

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #2,214 of 12,991
  won a pair of SZ2000 for $210 on ebay and an e12 for $89...should be a good bass experience for $300.  I asked earlier about where to buy the SZ2000, but ultimately thought dealing with an import from japan would be too annoying since I live in the states (not to mention expensive!).  luckily I found an auction from someone in the US and was the only bidder!

Bro...wow!!

Change the pads...you a chronic basshead? You should be very ******* pleased if you are one.

sz and e12 in the vid  GOTTA CHANGE THE PADS

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #2,215 of 12,991

Bro...wow!!

Change the pads...you a chronic basshead? You should be very ******* pleased if you are one.

sz and e12 in the vid  GOTTA CHANGE THE PADS

I forgot to mention it comes with both the stock pads and the MR55X pads.  I have read that the stock pads are really bad so the MR55X pads should do nicely.  I've been trying to find a bass headphone to satisfy my cravings similar to a subwoofer, originally had DT770 pro 80s but they weren't enough, I'm super excited!

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #2,216 of 12,991
  I forgot to mention it comes with both the stock pads and the MR55X pads.  I have read that the stock pads are really bad so the MR55X pads should do nicely.  I've been trying to find a bass headphone to satisfy my cravings similar to a subwoofer, originally had DT770 pro 80s but they weren't enough, I'm super excited!

Ultimate gif ever in celebration of an epic "win"

How tha fu do you win all that did you select the items and they picked you or is...dear lord...the sz + e12+ 55 pads some prize in itself cuz that would be AWESOME!!

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #2,217 of 12,991
Wonder which head-fi member sold those?... OH I wonder if eBay has any ATH-WS99's! I like the WS77 enough so that I wanna buy the WS99. Also SZ1K... Wonder if there's any cheap SZ1K's?

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #2,218 of 12,991
Wonder which head-fi member sold those?... OH I wonder if eBay has any ATH-WS99's! I like the WS77 enough so that I wanna buy the WS99. Also SZ1K... Wonder if there's any cheap SZ1K's?

Cant go wrong with the 1000 if you pad switch
biggrin.gif

My e12 gives about 4 hours of this level.

I think it's supposed to last longer on a full charge.

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #2,219 of 12,991
 Cant go wrong with the 1000 if you pad switch:D

My e12 gives about 4 hours of this level.

I think it's supposed to last longer on a full charge.
3 months until I can get some new stuff. SZ1K is at the top o' the list. Next on the list is a tube amp, the some audiophile can.

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #2,220 of 12,991
3 months until I can get some new stuff. SZ1K is at the top o' the list. Next on the list is a tube amp, the some audiophile can.

Audiophile can?​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Unless...​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
This is have you're cake (bass) and eat it too (overall build and response curve)​
 ​
start saving bro
biggrin.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back