The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 31, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #181 of 12,991
5 watt amp? Are you sure it wasn't .5 watt or 50 mW? Because 5 Watts is enough to drive a pair of Hifiman He-500's. 5 watts can drive Mr Speakers Mad dog 3.2's. 5 watts is more than an FiiO E12 or an Objective 2 puts out into 32 ohms... That's enough power to two desktop speakers.

I don't know where I saw that. It doesn't say. All I know is that it has a 6db bass boost.

May 31, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #182 of 12,991
I don't know where I saw that. It doesn't say. All I know is that it has a 6db bass boost.
oh so its kind of a V-Moda M-100 style response? You should have some fun with that! Getting some detail!

May 31, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #185 of 12,991
You sold your krakens? Lol. Dude, just keep the fw's. See if they grow on you. Are they more detailed than the krakens?

May 31, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #186 of 12,991
Nvm. Sell them. http://www.head-fi.org/products/fanny-wang-2003-headphones-2000-series

May 31, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #187 of 12,991
Also, how much cash do you have? If you have some money, maybe me or Hawaii could point you in a direction? What type of headphones do you want? Basshead, audiophile, or something in between.

May 31, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #188 of 12,991
You sold your krakens? Lol. Dude, just keep the fw's. See if they grow on you. Are they more detailed than the krakens?
I exchanged them because there was a problem with one of the speakers. The only thing that was more detailed were the vocals. The rest sounded terrible. Didn't have much , and when I turned on the bass boost it distorted terribly. The Krakens were a lot louder without an amp. The Krakens sound a lot better than the Wangs. Booming bass, good sound quality. Returned the Wang's for another set of Krakens.

May 31, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #189 of 12,991
Oh. You returned them already.

May 31, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #191 of 12,991
Also, how much cash do you have? If you have some money, maybe me or Hawaii could point you in a direction? What type of headphones do you want? Basshead, audiophile, or something in between.
I have $60. I only like headphones that have strong bass. I also don't like flat sounding headphones. I also need a good sound stage. I think I get all of those things with the Krakens. If you guys have any suggestions I'm happy to try something new out. Should have listened to the reviews of the Wang's on here. Saw other websites that gave it a good review, so I decided to try them out.

May 31, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #192 of 12,991
I exchanged them because there was a problem with one of the speakers. The only thing that was more detailed were the vocals. The rest sounded terrible. Didn't have much , and when I turned on the bass boost it distorted terribly. The Krakens were a lot louder without an amp. The Krakens sound a lot better than the Wangs. Booming bass, good sound quality. Returned the Wang's for another set of Krakens.

Bro, you won and won.
You got to "A" "B" another set of formerly priced $300 cans
I gotta think the lot has an issue? That price? The ones I heard were comfortable impact full bass on a M100 lvl but distorted with my amp.
If they were distorting off your DAP? Maybe they were a lot with clear issues and priced for closeout.
You made two trips but heard another set and decided on the ones you had before. Didn't spend a dime did ya?
Just time....and I don't even think you wasted any.
I love hearing as many cans as I can.
I'm sure you appreciate you Kracken more now than the first time you owned them

May 31, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #193 of 12,991
I have $60. I only like headphones that have strong bass. I also don't like flat sounding headphones. I also need a good sound stage. I think I get all of those things with the Krakens. If you guys have any suggestions I'm happy to try something new out. Should have listened to the reviews of the Wang's on here. Saw other websites that gave it a good review, so I decided to try them out.

I wouldn't have the sz if the bashing was accurate. It wasn't and the community of happy sz owners grows weekly. 
I never base opinions on this sites reviews. They use it (the review system) like a fan boy cult toy.  If they are correct about something it's lucky or an honest review....how can you tell?
Some folks don't even post their own pics in their reviews.

yeah....sure
rolleyes.gif

If Head-Fi could wave a magic wand and improve something I'll bet the integrity of the review system via owner verification and set standards for minimal info would be one of the options to fix.

I saw a 4 sentence review the other day.
4 sentences.

Anyway...glad you got the cans you wanted

May 31, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #194 of 12,991
I wouldn't have the sz if the bashing was accurate. It wasn't and the community of happy sz owners grows weekly. 
I never base opinions on this sites reviews. They use it (the review system) like a fan boy cult toy.  If they are correct about something it's lucky or an honest review....how can you tell?
Some folks don't even post their own pics in their reviews.

yeah....sure:rolleyes:

If Head-Fi could wave a magic wand and improve something I'll bet the integrity of the review system via owner verification and set standards for minimal info would be one of the options to fix.

I saw a 4 sentence review the other day.
4 sentences.

Anyway...glad you got the cans you wanted

The cans I have on here only has a two star rating. I don't believe that. I wouldn't have bought the Wang's if I went by the review. Some people may like them, but they're not for me. If I could get some money together I would go for the SZ. I myself don't go by brand, I go by sound.

May 31, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #195 of 12,991
Is this where you guys are?  Didn't realised this thread existed, awesome!  Glad to have met HBB, who gave me the idea to turn to car audio for amplifiers on the cheap and active crossovers for these amps for active amping speakers.  That's whats awesome about Head fi, I have drawn inspiration from audiophiles, audio professionals, DJs and car audio enthusiasts, I cannot find such a forum with people from all areas of audio converging together.  Headphones tie all camps together.

Anyways, subscribed to follow the crazy bass adventure of everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back