The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 31, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #167 of 12,991
@Hawaiibadboy I also noticed that the right driver has more bass in it than the left. Is this a deffect, or is it normal?

unilateral hearing loss is a real thing.
I favor my right hand and eye and ear. It's measurable in my eyes as my eye test shows it. My right hand and arm are stronger than my left. My right ear may be better but it may be in my mind? (I get/imagine the same thing too)

But..
Probably a driver issue. If you do not have a warranty you can try and adjust the "balance" of the headphones in Windows or your DAP if you can. Compensate. Just increase the weaker side until it sounds balanced to you. 
It's pretty common for folks to have this kind of issue. 
If it's never happened before and only in one set of cans it's likely hardware related.

May 31, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #168 of 12,991
unilateral hearing loss is a real thing.
I favor my right hand and eye and ear. It's measurable in my eyes as my eye test shows it. My right hand and arm are stronger than my left. My right ear may be better but it may be in my mind? (I get/imagine the same thing too)

But..
Probably a driver issue. If you do not have a warranty you can try and adjust the "balance" of the headphones in Windows or your DAP if you can. Compensate. Just increase the weaker side until it sounds balanced to you. 
It's pretty common for folks to have this kind of issue. 
If it's never happened before and only in one set of cans it's likely hardware related.

I switched the ears and I noticed the problem in the same speaker. So it's not my hearing. I have a warranty so I'm going to exchange them. It's a completely different sound coming out of one speaker

May 31, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #169 of 12,991
I switched the ears and I noticed the problem in the same speaker. So it's not my hearing. I have a warranty so I'm going to exchange them. It's a completely different sound coming out of one speaker

Man...if you got a warranty use it!!

New cans!!!!
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #171 of 12,991
HBB - have you tried the Digizoid ZO?  Double amped with your E12 it would be an epic combination. 

I used to double amp it with my E11 for a long while when all I had was portable setups.  With the ZO set to high gain, and contour adjusted to RED, you would use the E12 as your volume control.  I kid you not, it would blow your mind.  And though many said you'd be introducing too much distortion with another amp, that is truly not the case.  It just sounds deep and solid. 

I just went back to using my ZO doubled up with an Arrow 3G (which is my choice for best basshead portable) and it makes my Q40's do that vibrate my neck thing.  Next I'm trying that setup with my Pro900's. 

Can only imagine what it would be like on your SZ's...................

May 31, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #172 of 12,991
What do you think of the Fanny Wang 2,000 series

I liked them.

They don't like amp too much but a lot...A LOT of cans don't like my amp slope.
They get bashed/ignored like Beats but are made by the same original engineer I think? Very comfortable. More sturdy than the original Beats and similar to the new beats and have a really nice sound. Titanium coated driver. 
For a decent price that is not 300 bucks I'd take a pair.

The Bass is very good. Not basshead but nice. Think of more comfortable V-Moda M100 bass hit "fun" sound sig.

May 31, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #173 of 12,991
I liked them.

They don't like amp too much but a lot...A LOT of cans don't like my amp slope.
They get bashed/ignored like Beats but are made by the same original engineer I think? Very comfortable. More sturdy than the original Beats and similar to the new beats and have a really nice sound. Titanium coated driver. 
For a decent price that is not 300 bucks I'd take a pair.

The Bass is very good. Not basshead but nice. Think of more comfortable V-Moda M100 bass hit "fun" sound sig.

They have them at Micro center for $48

May 31, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #175 of 12,991
  HBB - have you tried the Digizoid ZO?  Double amped with your E12 it would be an epic combination. 

I used to double amp it with my E11 for a long while when all I had was portable setups.  With the ZO set to high gain, and contour adjusted to RED, you would use the E12 as your volume control.  I kid you not, it would blow your mind.  And though many said you'd be introducing too much distortion with another amp, that is truly not the case.  It just sounds deep and solid. 

I just went back to using my ZO doubled up with an Arrow 3G (which is my choice for best basshead portable) and it makes my Q40's do that vibrate my neck thing.  Next I'm trying that setup with my Pro900's. 

Can only imagine what it would be like on your SZ's...................

Man I'd love to be a tester for the ZO3

I have always wanted to hear one but never have.

If this is accurate...lvl 32 would be just about perfect.
Let me switch off Jeteffects/BBE/MACH3BASS and let the ZO and e12 handle the low end gain.

If this staves off distortion ....it would be an essential piece of equipment for me.
I have sent messages to them but that was a couple months ago and I have no idea what they are doing? Yeah...I'd love to try one...it's like a Unicorn for me
biggrin.gif
...a mythical creature.

The Pro 900 have Titanium. The upper bass is already pronounced. The ZO should raise the sub-bass and slam your skull.

Let me know how that goes!!

May 31, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #176 of 12,991
So.. how do they compare to my Razer Krakens? @Hawaiibadboy

Bro
For 50 bucks??

If you use a lot of amp I don't know.
If you don't heavy amp these are well worth 48 dollars. 
That's dinner for 2 at TGIFridays....lol....yeah I'd get these because of the driver quality is good/very good. Not 300 bucks good but 50?? screw yeah!
The sound quality should be a lot better than Kracken. Bass hit? I dunno? v.s.

ANy chance you can listen for yourself?

May 31, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #178 of 12,991
Bro
For 50 bucks??

If you use a lot of amp I don't know.
If you don't heavy amp these are well worth 48 dollars. 
That's dinner for 2 at TGIFridays....lol....yeah I'd get these because of the driver quality is good/very good. Not 300 bucks good but 50?? screw yeah!
The sound quality should be a lot better than Kracken. Bass hit? I dunno? v.s.

ANy chance you can listen for yourself?

The reason they didn't respond to your amp is probably because they have a built-in 5w amp. On my way to pick them up now.

May 31, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #179 of 12,991
The reason they didn't respond to your amp is probably because they have a built-in 5w amp. On my way to pick them up now.

Good.
Grab em'
$50 bucks....man...I cannot get my head around that? I heard these and really liked them.
Your stealing from them at that price.
biggrin.gif

I'm happy for you.
These play everything.

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000425394/?lid=ksearch_kakakuitem_image

Best price in Japan is 170...avg is 220. 
For 50 bucks I'd buy 2 and give one to my chick so she could ditch my old Beats.
Happy Day!!!
Congrats!

May 31, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #180 of 12,991
5 watt amp? Are you sure it wasn't .5 watt or 50 mW? Because 5 Watts is enough to drive a pair of Hifiman He-500's. 5 watts can drive Mr Speakers Mad dog 3.2's. 5 watts is more than an FiiO E12 or an Objective 2 puts out into 32 ohms... That's enough power to two desktop speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back