The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 8, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #1,669 of 12,991
Ohh, sorry - we ain't received our cult licence through yet so we'll have to hold off from that for now, that and the 40MM sacrifices - lol :D

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #1,670 of 12,991

I've heard higher powers (government or similar) are reading our minds, especially when using headphones - 40mm drivers are the most receptive so I hear, but this can be avoided by wearing tin foil hats! It stops the governments mind reading signals going in or going out - I never take my tin foil hat off -
- even when showering. If wearing such makes us a cult, then so be it..... :wink:

In a nod to those who think me and cb don't disagree we do:wink: . Not often.... but I find the Q40 to be the most overrated cans i have ever touched. It was called a cannon and a face melter and so on in the old bass thread and it's not and it's build quality is terrible. Somebody in there once implied the Q40 were superior in bass response to the sz. That's how much the homerism was.

AKAI​

77X
HPH AKAI​

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

The mod mailed was a semi fail.
The holes need to be opposed and the weakest part of the otherwise oustanding build was the plastic cups. Like deadining material the bass went to it and died. Ad the aluminum flashing and it hammers.

My 77x are my hardest hittings cans and they do crazy **** after this mod (left pic)

They are modded so I don't spout about too much but when folks talk about Lawton mods and other stuff I gotta jump in.

The AKAI stomp a mud hole in the Q40's ass and walk it dry. Need to put in work but if modding is within your thing than this is within reach. They eat more amd and hit harder just like a nice new 50mm driver should do to a older smaller 40mm. It all lines up with common sense

imagejpg1-19.jpg

If I even took one screw out of any of my cans - they'd be broke within seconds - if I ever attempted doing a mod like pictured above - I'd probably set my head on fire after wrongly putting all the pieces in the wrong places or something - lol - I even find putting headphone 3.5mm jack into correct slot quite technical - LMAO :D

ps - is that what looks like tin foil used to block them government mind reading frequency waves? :wink:

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #1,673 of 12,991
creepy cult looking dude gave the "O.K.":p

+1 (as we have no thumbs up boxes now - lol )

@DisCHORDDubstep

If you listen to the way this torques and twists the paper so violently it's the loudest sound in the vid at times you'll start to get it.
No mention of anything please. Just a visual. I will do the cb bass mix maybe later

That's the mutts nutts! Live mixing session! Party! :D

Nice Air - yeah - at times the paper flutter was louder than music playing :cool:

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #1,674 of 12,991
Just broke my XB-800's yesterday. They are super-glueable, but it was time to get a new pair anyways since the input's rubber coating was beginning to chaff from putting my phone in and from my pants pocket. Looking to spend honestly under $100, but willing to go over by $30 if absolutely necessary. Today i will also find out if i'm approved to own my dream car, so if that falls through, i can go willy nilly so to speak. I'd like to stay away from JVC as i had issues with the cord coming from the cans consistently. Even dropped my phone once with the cord coming with the phone and cans still on my head.

You sound like you are unlucky with headphones breaking on you - lol :D

What's your dream car dude? :)

Aug 9, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #1,675 of 12,991

112 pages in check-up

Alternative Working Title: "This is EXTREME"
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
April 30th 2014
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
There was no comprehensive collection of bass cans listed on Head-Fi or anywhere on the internet. I had already begun a Wiki.

Circumstances came about to where I was in a position to focus on very heavy low frequency emphasis. "Extreme Bass".
This thread began.

1. 4 months of Top 10 lists have been built and improved.
  2. The list is based on identical tracks played on identical hardware with identical settings which are shared. 
  3. There is a visual demonstration of low frequency energy recorded and shared.
  4. Brand,cost and built quality are not factors in the list. It is about bass mostly and the rest is about bass
  5. Head-Fi links are the 1st two in at least 1 search engine and it's us.

Look at that again please.

A lot of time as been spent on this and it is growing into an amazing success. This is about Extreme bass. This is not about other things. If the folks who build this thread with much time and effort blow off steam and joke and stuff it's because the Monthly list has been tested and posted. This is not a bass sandbox/playground. 
Today veered off topic as a user became the focus and not the equipment.
I chimed in.
All mention has been removed not because a mod came in but because we worked it out without having to be treated like children. If a mod comes in it's pretty ******* ridiculous since I am assuming we are all adults or close to it. 
All threads are open for the most part and the only direction is based on the location and the title of the thread. 
This one cannot be more clear.

1. Small talk about cans not on the list or not potential candidates do not belong in this thread.
  2. Mentioning other members for anything other than thanks and praise belongs in the PM
  3. Requests to remove posts related to the two points above is expected to happen.

EDIT: We have worked it out. 

beerchug.gif

112 pages deep and way up on the search engines...and when they come they got a list more complete than any other. To all that have helped make this happen i give a big thanks. If you have ever done a video your effort is supremely appreciated. @cb3723

They come for this...

TOP 10 for August 2014 

1. J.V.C HA-SZ2000 

Driver size: 55mm "Sub-woofer"/ 30mm CNT

Impedance:16 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Exceptional +30dB @45Hz
EQ: Needs
Genre' (anything)
Weakness: Veiled , Poor stock pads.

Vid 1  Vid 2

2. FOSTEX TH900

Driver size: 50mm dia Nd magnet

Impedance 25 Ohm
Amp Headroom: 
EQ: Needs (raise bass only)
Genre' Anything
Weakness:...Price?

vid

3. FOSTEX TH600

Driver size: Driver:50mm dia Nd magnet / bio-dynamic diaphragm

Impedance 25 Ohm
Amp Headroom: 
Genre' Anything

Weakness:.

vid

4. J.V.C HA-SZ1000

Driver size: 55mm "Sub-woofer"/ 30mm CNT                                                                                                        

​
Impedance 16 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Exceptional +30dB @45Hz
Genre' (anything)
Weakness: less veiled than sz2k but veiled , Poor stock pads.

vid  vid2

5. Sony XB1000

Driver size: 70mm Mylar (PET) 

Impedance 24 Ohm
Amp Headroom: ?
Genre' (HipHop/EDM/?)
Weakness:pillow pads absorb too much of the hit.

vid

6. Sony XB700

Driver size: 50mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 24 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Good +18dB @45Hz
Genre' (Hip-Hop/EDM)
Weakness: Pillow pads absorb too much of the hit. 

vid

7. JVC HA-MR77x

Driver size: 57mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 46 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Good/Great 16-20dB @45Hz
EQ: Needs (to raise mids)
Genre' (Hip-Hop)
Weakness: mids sound like ass.

vid

8. HPH Yamaha Pro 500

Impedance 32 Ohm
Amp Headroom: ?
Genre' (Anything)
Weakness:pad size (shallow)

vid

9. V-Moda M100

Impedance 32 Ohm
Amp Headroom: (?)
Genre' (Anything)
Weakness:stock pads shallow  

vid

10. ATH - PRO 700MK2

Driver size: 53mm  Mylar (PET)

Impedance 38 Ohm
Amp Headroom: ?
EQ: Needs (raise bass only,?)
Genre' (Hip-Hop/EDM/?)
Weakness: Pad depth. Different pairs very different sound?

vid

HARDWARE USED 

DAP: COWON iAudio10

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9
Volume: 34

AMP: FiiO e12

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

* All cans tested using identical hardware and setting by 2 different Head-fi'ers  besides Yamaha Pro 500

Tracks used

An additional Bass mega mix created by cb was used for a final battle between the sz2k and the TH900

Notes & Thoughts

Never saw the "TH" Bash brothers coming. I have heard and been impressed but it took an owner to put them through the motions to confirm that they are not only epic audiophile cans they have enormous low end power.
If you're a basshead and want your cake (bass) and eat it too (Hi fidelity sound along with it)...the TH series wait for you...and your money
wink.gif

Every can on this list is owned by a single owner and were compared in exactly the same manner. On the ear to confirm what the Paper test shows. That's a nice visual to enjoy. The settings were identical. Personal bias was overcome. I know 1 user who would have loved to have seen those hand glazed cups at #1. Never think this is about anything but bass. Lotta work and communication goes on that you never see.  Most thought out comprehensive, accurately compared list of bass cans on the internet by a very wide margin.

Enjoy.

NOT TOP 10, BUT STILL RECOMMENDED!

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

Drivers: 40mm

Form: Over Ear

Frequency Response: 8Hz-30kHz

Sensitivity: 115dB

Impedance: 95 ohms

Video

Frequency Response: 20HZ-20KHZ

Sensitivity: 110db

Impedance: 32 ohms

Video

Frequency Response: 20Hz-23kHz

Sensitivity: 110dB

Impedance: 16 ohms

Video

Form: On Ear

Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz

Sensitivity: Not Specified

Video

Frequency Response: 10Hz-20KHz

Sensitivity: 110db

Impedance: 64 ohms

Video

Drivers: 50mm:)

Frequency Response: 5Hz-30KHz

Sensitivity: 107db

Video

Drivers: 50mm

Frequency Response: 10Hz-22kHz

Sensitivity: 100dB

Impedance: 24 ohms

Video

Frequency Response: 3Hz-28kHz

Sensitivity: 106db

Impedance: 24 ohms

Video

Drivers: 57mm

Frequency Response: 5Hz-20kHz

Sensitivity: 108dB

Video

Drivers: 57mm

Frequency Response: 5Hz-30kHz

Sensitivity: 107dB

Video

Frequency Response: 5Hz-32kHz

Sensitivity: 115dB

Video

Drivers: 53mm

Frequency Response: 5Hz-35kHz

Sensitivity: 106dB

Impedance: 68 ohms

Video

Frequency Response: 10Hz-20kHz

Sensitivity: Not specified

Video

Frequency Response: Not specified

Impedance: Not specified

Video

Drivers: 89mm

Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz

Impedance: 8 ohms

Video

Frequency Response: 6Hz-40kHz

Sensitivity: 106dB

Video

This is a collection of the hardest hitting cans. Nothing more.
There are no links provided. We do not do sales by proxy. Find your own links.
You proceed with the knowledge that nothing is better than a personal listening experience.

Aug 9, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #1,676 of 12,991
Hawaiibadboy

I would have given you reputation for your last post, but your rep box is missing, as is mine - hopefully they will show up again and it's just been a technical glitch that's currently causing it's absence.

But yeah, Head-Fi links to this thread being the first or one of the first things you see when searching for best bass headphones on all the major search engines is so rewarding and a positive for extreme bass club thread and Head-Fi in general for sure.

Where else are people going to see summit-fi FOSTEX cans been SPL bass/paper tested against current heaviest hitting JVC HA-SZ2000?

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/Oa3sAg4wOpw[/VIDEO]
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/XbgOzsXz_-A[/VIDEO]​

Only here at Head-Fi - and exclusively as this is the only thread on this site or any other site apart from YouTube that hosts the videos, with thread starter that created the bass/paper test(Hawaiibadboy) giving a video visual of low frequency bass SPL impact transferring as it would to the side of your head & ears, by the clear to see vibration responses on the paper placed over an ear pad.

Apart from being informative, the current top 10 best bass headphones list is probably the most accurate and relevant for any prospective person on the market for a solid performing bass headphone to assist in making an informed choice and every headphone having a link to its respective bass/test video......it's also a heap of fun :)

Extreme Bass Club - controls all your bass :D

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/-T-UOVU1Tgw[/VIDEO]

And always remember, Extreme is just another term for EPIC :wink:
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #1,677 of 12,991
Bro

Without your massive arsenal and willingness to test em I'd have to make **** like "Funny Friday" to keep folks entertained in between my blitzing audio shops and getting brief impressions on stuff that needs more time. You make it work. Stop getting ******* banned!!!!!!!!!!!!
evil_smiley.gif

If I did a Funny Friday i woulda posted this yesterday ​
 ​

But I don't have to because you kick ass and this thread and wiki are the place folks end up if they look for Bass cans...and it's Head-Fi hosting an accurate list with very specific details.
That's good. We are a big chunk of market. We needed to organize. You make that possible.

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #1,678 of 12,991
Bro

Without your massive arsenal and willingness to test em I'd have to make **** like "Funny Friday" to keep folks entertained in between my blitzing audio shops and getting brief impressions on stuff that needs more time. You make it work. Stop getting ******* banned!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:
If I did a Funny Friday i woulda posted this yesterday ​

But I don't have to because you kick ass and this thread and wiki are the place folks end up if they look for Bass cans...and it's Head-Fi hosting an accurate list with very specific details.
That's good. We are a big chunk of market. We needed to organize. You make that possible.

Dude

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/p890hIa1w9k[/VIDEO]
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/9s-a1vp4LLk[/VIDEO]

Anytime bro, anytime :wink:(but you should have kept the video)

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #1,679 of 12,991
Since some of you guys have been talking a lot about the Razer Krakens.. Going to do you a favor and pick up the new gaming headset Asus is coming out with to see how it stacks up. I presume it will hit harder and louder than the Krakens. 60mm drivers featuring 'Thunderous Bass' haha, we'll see.

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #1,680 of 12,991
Since some of you guys have been talking a lot about the Razer Krakens.. Going to do you a favor and pick up the new gaming headset Asus is coming out with to see how it stacks up. I presume it will hit harder and louder than the Krakens. 60mm drivers featuring 'Thunderous Bass' haha, we'll see.
WHOA BRO. Dude... 60mm. That'll beat the crap outta the krakens. That might be a top ten worthy can lol. Driver size matters, and that can has some big ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back