Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 11, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #73,906 of 75,816
I listened to them as they were, right out of the box.
They're easy to wear and fit well in the ears.
And I was amazed by the quality of the product and its pleasant sound on a variety of music for the price.
In these conditions, the sound is good and pleasant, rather neutral and a little dry; it will lack detail, depth...
I bought them out of curiosity, and since I'd talked about them, I just wanted to report my impression and a few photos.
Well than you for your impressions. I appreciate it.

I was going to get these a couple weeks ago but someone was saying that they aren't made out of wood. But now I know that they are I'm gonna get them.

Feb 11, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #73,907 of 75,816
We already know FiiO is not releasing any new earbuds in the foreseeable future... but step back 2 years (2022) to see what was on the concept design table at the time.

#FiiO Concept Design# Appreciation of earbuds concept design (2) Metal flat-head earbuds

Was it the possible design concept for the FF3 or FF5? Only FiiO knows the answer to that question.

Either way, the bulbous speaker housing with the unique speaker grill made it into both FF3 and FF5, and carried over into the FF3S.

We can only imagine what this concept design earbud would have sounded like. The earbuds look very cool though.

FiiO Concept Design_Appreciation of Earbuds (2022).jpg

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #73,909 of 75,816
Wow, like I haven't already built too many buds recently :ksc75smile:... adding today's build to my growing DIY collection.

"Woody" MMCX 300Ω CNT (Carbon Nano Tube)
Woody_02.jpg
I love the colors in that shot. Hope they sound as good as they look!

Must be a shoutout to a certain retired Flatheader? :gs1000smile:

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #73,910 of 75,816
I love the colors in that shot. Hope they sound as good as they look!

Must be a shoutout to a certain retired Flatheader? :gs1000smile:
Hey, thanks. They do sound very good. Excellent bass, slightly recessed mids and high-end is resolving, but not edgy, maybe due to the wood shell(?). I guess they would be somewhat U shaped sound which has very good staging and separation.

Good catch, the naming has dual meaning. Paying homage to one of the threads "old hands" and the shells are made of wood, hence the "Woody" name.

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #73,912 of 75,816
Hey, thanks. They do sound very good. Excellent bass, slightly recessed mids and high-end is resolving, but not edgy, maybe due to the wood shell(?). I guess they would be somewhat U shaped sound which has very good staging and separation.

Good catch, the naming has dual meaning. Paying homage to one of the threads "old hands" and the shells are made of wood, hence the "Woody" name.
Now I saw! We both wrote at the same time

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #73,913 of 75,816
Nice build!
How are your basshead buds?
Lol I also made a wooden shell build but with 120 bery.
Nice! That 15.4mm 120 bery comp is a bass monster driver, so I'm sure the ones you built sound excellent. The 300 CNT works very well in the wooden shell.

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #73,914 of 75,816
fell in love with the yinman 600 ohm 2.0 se and looking for spares, specially with removable cable and/or balanced. would also buy another se tho. shipped to germany. already opened a classified, but as most owners might read here, i thought i´d give it a try.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #73,915 of 75,816
Congrats on your new buds!

2 confirmed purchases of the YE365. I wonder if the "365" is supposed to mean "use them everyday of the year"? Haha.

Can you guys give a little deeper impression of these cheap wooden shell buds?
Hello Friends, I've been warming up this wood sticks an entireweek nonstop, using FIIO M3K and my entire library of classical, electronica, metal and Jazz, today is the first day to test them again since new.

They have change a lot! and i bet i will change so much more with time. (Full Foams Used)

At first I was disappointed, it sounded very opaque and shouty in the upper mids, and a boxy tendency but now here are my impressions.

Synergy is very important, but burnig time is more in this case, they shows its personality in every source y conect them, and stays pretty much the same.
My main portable sources are Sony D-NF421 Discman (V-saped and fun sound, also better details and smoother sound), and FIIO M3K (More neutral, more present mids, feel muddy with complicated music), listening to LAter Years CD From Pink Floyd, a super quality recording with live and studio performances, the YE365 Sounded very analog, laid back, warm, and bodied.

Bass is always present, sometimes you can notes reaching the edge of subbass territory, i note it in electronica and down tempo music, in passages where slow movements and long bass notes leave the driver go all in. Bass feel slow and midbass are present making the scene lush, but reducing the transparency on de mids.

Mids seems to be a step behind the bass, the voices are smooth but sometimes they take too much energy, is pleasant , but lacks some spark and on guitars and detail retrival. Some boxy tendency.

Highs are descriptive, delicate, and are in a safe place, very pleasant, you heare those delicate details coming like from a far place, is different to what im used to, and makes me smile.

I think is a great product, may be the wooden shell gives them a sense of acoustic space I havent felt in an earbud, more like a speeker on its box, that invites you to take a relaxed place to enjoy music on slow sips, fast music as metal, or bussy tracks with lots of instruments don´t sound so good, and star to show muddines.
Soundstage are above natural, given its laid back personality, seems to have a slight hall effect.
Cable: On the cheap side.
They need power to shine but at the same time can´t handle too much volume level or will show the driver limits.

There are no perfect earbuds, and for 14USD you get an ugly bird that sings well, can be an everyday buddy (if you don't have better ones). I find them fit in my office, listening at low volume enjoying their warmish signature while concentrating on my work, they are like a warm blanket on a cold day (did I say they are warm? jajjaja).

Compared to: Faeeal Rosemary.
Faeeal, are much more direct and athoritative, faster and snappy bass, mids more neutral. An easy way to put this comparison, The YE365 are like a smooth concert hall show, and Rosemary are like a Dark Studio recording.

thumbnail_IMG_20240212_080526_274.jpeg

thumbnail_IMG_20240212_080443_243.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #73,916 of 75,816
Temperament X6 : upgraded version of Ksearphone LBBS
Can you please clarify how X6 is an upgrade to LBBS?
According to packaging, X6 is Bell-LBS - is LBBS different from LBS?
1707754377087.png

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #73,917 of 75,816
Can you please clarify how X6 is an upgrade to LBBS?
According to packaging, X6 is Bell-LBS - is LBBS different from LBS?
1707754377087.png
Here's the info from WoodyLuvr's timeline.

Released in 2018:
K's 凯 Temperament Bell-LBB 小黑鈴; 30Ω (w/ brass shell; aka "Original Little Bell Black")
K's 凯 Temperament Bell-LBS 小银铃; 30Ω (w/ brass shell; aka "Original Little Bell Silver")

Released in 2020:
K's 凯 Temperament Bell-LBBs 小黑铃; 30Ω (w/ brass shell; aka "New Little Black Bell S")

From my limited understanding the new X10 = the 2018 Original Little Bell Black / Silver, while the new X6 = the 2020 New Little Black Bell S.
The product details is a bit confusing as well, but from what I read, the Bell-LB (new X10) is supposed to use the same diaphragm as the original 2018 models. While the Bell-LBS (new X6) uses the same titanium diaphragm driver as the 2020 model.

I have both the 2020 LBBs (LBBS) and the X6. To me the X6 has better bass. I'm not sure why as they are both supposed to have the same titanium diaphragm, but I hear a difference. Maybe it's due to a possibly improved voicecoil / magnet gap of the latest driver versus a driver made in 2020?

1707756152773.png

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #73,918 of 75,816
Here's the info from WoodyLuvr's timeline.

Released in 2018:
K's 凯 Temperament Bell-LBB 小黑鈴; 30Ω (w/ brass shell; aka "Original Little Bell Black")
K's 凯 Temperament Bell-LBS 小银铃; 30Ω (w/ brass shell; aka "Original Little Bell Silver")

Released in 2020:
K's 凯 Temperament Bell-LBBs 小黑铃; 30Ω (w/ brass shell; aka "New Little Black Bell S")

From my limited understanding the new X10 = the 2018 Original Little Bell Black / Silver, while the new X6 = the 2020 New Little Black Bell S.
The product details is a bit confusing as well, but from what I read, the Bell-LB (new X10) is supposed to use the same diaphragm as the original 2018 models. While the Bell-LBS (new X6) uses the same titanium diaphragm driver as the 2020 model.

I have both the 2020 LBBs (LBBS) and the X6. To me the X6 has better bass. I'm not sure why as they are both supposed to have the same titanium diaphragm, but I hear a difference. Maybe it's due to a possibly improved voicecoil / magnet gap of the latest driver versus a driver made in 2020?

1707756152773.png
Thank you for the info!

Indeed their description and packaging is very confusing.
If X6 is supposed to be an upgraded LBBS, why do they put "LBS" on the package? Do they not know their own product line?
Maybe someone should send them WoodyLuvr's timeline :jecklinsmile:

If X6 is really an upgraded LBBS, I will be ecstatic. I love LBBS, and choose to listen to it over Yincrow RW-1000/2000/3000 (all of which I own).
BTW, I really love LBBS bass already, any real upgrade (as small as it may be) would be hard to achieve without changing the nature of the bass.

I have ordered both X6 and X3, hope X3 is a further improvement based on the LBBS sound signature.

Feb 12, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #73,919 of 75,816
Hello Friends, I've been warming up this wood sticks an entireweek nonstop, using FIIO M3K and my entire library of classical, electronica, metal and Jazz, today is the first day to test them again since new.

They have change a lot! and i bet i will change so much more with time. (Full Foams Used)

At first I was disappointed, it sounded very opaque and shouty in the upper mids, and a boxy tendency but now here are my impressions.

Synergy is very important, but burnig time is more in this case, they shows its personality in every source y conect them, and stays pretty much the same.
My main portable sources are Sony D-NF421 Discman (V-saped and fun sound, also better details and smoother sound), and FIIO M3K (More neutral, more present mids, feel muddy with complicated music), listening to LAter Years CD From Pink Floyd, a super quality recording with live and studio performances, the YE365 Sounded very analog, laid back, warm, and bodied.

Bass is always present, sometimes you can notes reaching the edge of subbass territory, i note it in electronica and down tempo music, in passages where slow movements and long bass notes leave the driver go all in. Bass feel slow and midbass are present making the scene lush, but reducing the transparency on de mids.

Mids seems to be a step behind the bass, the voices are smooth but sometimes they take too much energy, is pleasant , but lacks some spark and on guitars and detail retrival. Some boxy tendency.

Highs are descriptive, delicate, and are in a safe place, very pleasant, you heare those delicate details coming like from a far place, is different to what im used to, and makes me smile.

I think is a great product, may be the wooden shell gives them a sense of acoustic space I havent felt in an earbud, more like a speeker on its box, that invites you to take a relaxed place to enjoy music on slow sips, fast music as metal, or bussy tracks with lots of instruments don´t sound so good, and star to show muddines.
Soundstage are above natural, given its laid back personality, seems to have a slight hall effect.
Cable: On the cheap side.
They need power to shine but at the same time can´t handle too much volume level or will show the driver limits.

There are no perfect earbuds, and for 14USD you get an ugly bird that sings well, can be an everyday buddy (if you don't have better ones). I find them fit in my office, listening at low volume enjoying their warmish signature while concentrating on my work, they are like a warm blanket on a cold day (did I say they are warm? jajjaja).

Compared to: Faeeal Rosemary.
Faeeal, are much more direct and athoritative, faster and snappy bass, mids more neutral. An easy way to put this comparison, The YE365 are like a smooth concert hall show, and Rosemary are like a Dark Studio recording.

Thanks for your impressions.

Well this was the 2nd I almost got these and didn't.

What would up say out performs them in the $20 range? Sounds like the Rosemary does in your opinion. Or maybe the qian39?

I'm looking for something to best the Traceless. Which are just performing beautifully for $5. Maybe I'll go with the 300ohm qigom since the 32ohm qigom is a close contender

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #73,920 of 75,816
It depends on
Thanks for your impressions.

Well this was the 2nd I almost got these and didn't.
that
What would up say out performs them in the $20 range? Sounds like the Rosemary does in your opinion. Or maybe the qian39?

I'm looking for something to best the Traceless. Which are just performing beautifully for $5. Maybe I'll go with the 300ohm qigom since the 32ohm qigom is a close contender
It depends on the sound signature you like, both are great options on the budget, but If you want a different signature, an earbuds that outperform YE365 and Rosemary IMHO, https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPSndEe on Titatium diafragm, pair it with some cable that you can find a lot in good price, this ones prevent me from buyin more expensive earbuds, becouse with donut foams are so lively, great hitting bass, forwarded vocals and very crispy highs!, is a fun V shape sound signature that makes all my music come alive! easy to drive, The Rosemary and YE365 are more relaxed and dark. In all options don´t forget to give them time to burn, this really change the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back