Have a nice weekend everyone
20240209_221801.jpg

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #73,878 of 75,523
600 ohm build
Have a nice weekend everyone
20240209_221801.jpg
Yeah that is a really flashy build!

3d printed shells?
You always have the nicest looking cables. Are you making them yourself?

Feb 9, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #73,879 of 75,523
Does anyone have an opinion of the Hzsound Cymbals? Here's a new version on Ali:

Hzsound Cymbals Max

Feb 9, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #73,880 of 75,523
Yeah that is a really flashy build!

3d printed shells?
You always have the nicest looking cables. Are you making them yourself?
For this build I used 3d printed shells and for all my DIY buds I use the cables I made. I also did mmcx, but it's not worth it anymore because you can find good cables on the market for $10.
After a little calculation, it turns out that any DIY earbuds cost between $10 and $50 (if you do them yourself) depending on the driver used with cables up to $10

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #73,882 of 75,523
I just bought them, just a week with them, they arrived very quickly and the final price was 14USD,

These are my very first impressions:

The box is big for a small pair of earbuds, but makes the unboxing feel great, the shell design fits great, light, authentic wood material, and the cable seems cheap, but the clothing helps with the looks. I can't complain for this price!

The sound was disappointing on first listen. Very flat, generally subdued, relaxed but lacking in detail. I think they have potential, but need some burning. The sound seems to be trapped, as if it cannot come out completely.

They are the most power-hungry earbuds that I have. Compared to the Faeeal Rosemary, they use 20% more power. I will be back soon after some time burning and see what they are capable of.

Received this morning (26€)...
Humm !

and the sound is ....very good...

Congrats on your new buds!

2 confirmed purchases of the YE365. I wonder if the "365" is supposed to mean "use them everyday of the year"? Haha.

Can you guys give a little deeper impression of these cheap wooden shell buds?

Feb 10, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #73,883 of 75,523
Congrats on your new buds!

2 confirmed purchases of the YE365. I wonder if the "365" is supposed to mean "use them everyday of the year"? Haha.

Can you guys give a little deeper impression of these cheap wooden shell buds?
I have a different opinion from the one already expressed, but I've also known for a long time that the source is of prime importance to me, and I only use LP Daps... it plays a major role in the way I feel.
Here, the rendering is for my ears, precise and clear, a little dry for my taste but works well with all kinds of music and the sound is pleasant,
that's it for now.

Feb 10, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #73,884 of 75,523
I have a different opinion from the one already expressed, but I've also known for a long time that the source is of prime importance to me, and I only use LP Daps... it plays a major role in the way I feel.
Here, the rendering is for my ears, precise and clear, a little dry for my taste but works well with all kinds of music and the sound is pleasant,
that's it for now.
Agreed, synergy between earbuds (or other head gear) and DAPs / amps is a real thing.

Feb 10, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #73,886 of 75,523
Feb 10, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #73,887 of 75,523
I said a lot of words about @RikudouGoku Gen 3 Rikubuds. Check them out if you get a chance:

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/goob...game-or-why-are-you-not-as-good-as/35936/1627
Nice review! t's making me want a pair of rikubuds even more now.

Received this morning (26€)...

Humm !

and the sound is ....very good...

Very nice unboxing.
You said the sound is very good. Just wondering about the bass? I'm not a bass head. I am a jazz fan however, and love to hear the sound of the upright double bass strings slapping against the wood. Would you say that they would be good for has jazz?

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #73,890 of 75,523
Man, I don't know how this happened and didn't know this is possible, but my Serratus are managing to ruin my other proper headphones through the brain burn-in. Whenever I put on my Audio-Technicas or Grados after listening to Serratus for a couple of hours, the big headphones always appear to sound super muffled and closed in. Not even sure anybody said the words "Grado" and "sound muffled" in the same sentence before lol.

What would be the full sized analogue of Serratus in regards to sound delivery? Something like Beyers DT1990? or maybe HD800?

On another note, also went out with Serratus to commute in the city for the first time. They did way better than an open back earbud has any right to do. Felt like my music was playing in the train with me, and I was surprised at times that other people couldn't hear it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back