Earbuds Round-Up
May 20, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #69,888 of 75,563
What is this Caelum? Is it a diy?

It may be a set of earbuds that was built by @FranQL
Doing a Google Search for "Caelum earbuds" returns a few pages in this thread from last year, where Caelum is in @Charlyro222 signature.

May 20, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #69,889 of 75,563
It may be a set of earbuds that was built by @FranQL
Doing a Google Search for "Caelum earbuds" returns a few pages in this thread from last year, where Caelum is in @Charlyro222 signature.
Yes, that's right, in a DIY bud, and in fact, in reference to charlyro222, it is he who has chosen the names.

May 20, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #69,890 of 75,563
Has anyone here heard Burubeatsound or Lavender sound earbuds? Burubeat is from South Korea. Lavender sound, not so sure. I contacted burubeatsound on IG, but they refused to ship overseas to India. The back loaded horn system sounds pretty interesting, and they have some pretty high priced products, while entry level starts from about 75 USD, and ending at 905 USD.

May 20, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #69,891 of 75,563
I didn't want to be disrespectful to @FranQL by posting these up and making a huge deal out of them (like they truly deserve), because the last time I did (with the Grand Finale, and Blackhole Redux) he was PMed to "kingdom come" about selling them to people. So, with that in mind, and to reiterate, he doesn't sell them or make them upon request, and he makes them from his own pocket and in his free time. Please don't spam him with requests?! Thank you!

With that said, I would like to introduce the Aquila and the Caelum. These are the DIY buds I was referring to earlier as "summit-fi" and are both better than anything I have heard from a bud to date.
20230505_125707.jpg

The Aquila are a fantastic reference sound with a soundstage that rivals or beats the Chaconne and/or Maria II (oh the technicalities are SUPER addicting on these). There is plenty of bass, but the volume/quantity is reduced to hear the accuracy of it. I wouldn't say that these are aggressive, but they manage to pull out a very large amount of macro and micro details. Resolution is just top notch as well as imaging and separation.

Then we have the Caelum. These are a straight up smooth and satisfying listen. These are warm and bassy without sacrificing too much off the top end or intruding on the mids. They are what I like to call a boosted and balanced set. The bass is boosted but doesn't ruin the overall balance. These are the fun type of listen of the highest caliber.

Both are astoundingly good, but I grab for the Aquila more often. I don't think that makes them better, but more "native" to what I normally listen to. The first two sets that @FranQL sent to me where breathtaking themselves, but these are on another level, and he has upped his game. I think that even he is VERY proud of these (as he should be).

Bottom line is that I am just not sure that it can get any better with the limited size, form factor, current technology, etc...

P.S. Even though it doesn't show it, both sets are now wearing the VE donuts to sound their best. :)

P.P.S. No foreskin was harmed in the making of these earbuds! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :beerchug:

We're very fortunate to have such talent around us and what an honour to have more of his work. Congratulations on your new acquisitions.

May 20, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #69,892 of 75,563
A nice and unusually temperate evening here in the UK. Spending it with the APWS and I'm reminded why I fell down this rabbit hole in the first place. To enjoy, to feel and to escape my left-sided brain.

_DSC3806.jpg

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #69,894 of 75,563
We're very fortunate to have such talent around us and what an honour to have more of his work. Congratulations on your new acquisitions.
Yes we are indeed! Thank you very much. :)
A nice and unusually temperate evening here in the UK. Spending it with the APWS and I'm reminded why I fell down this rabbit hole in the first place. To enjoy, to feel and to escape my left-sided brain.

_DSC3806.jpg
Those are beautiful! I am really digging that cable.

May 20, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #69,895 of 75,563
More precisely, a collaboration between me and @FranQL
Yes, JJ was very insistent that I try this driver in metal shell, and I decided to use one with a large opening with a very very particular tuning!!!!! LOL....

I really enjoy when something works, in MX500 this driver was not one of my favorites despite having great potential

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #69,896 of 75,563
Yes, JJ was very insistent that I try this metal shell driver, and I decided to use one with a large opening with a very very particular tuning!!!!! LOL....

I really enjoy when something works, in MX500 this driver was not one of my favorites despite having great potential
Having the open back shell really does wonders for this bud... :) Either way, this is a great combination, along with the tuning. :)

May 20, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #69,897 of 75,563
Has anyone here heard Burubeatsound or Lavender sound earbuds? Burubeat is from South Korea. Lavender sound, not so sure. I contacted burubeatsound on IG, but they refused to ship overseas to India. The back loaded horn system sounds pretty interesting, and they have some pretty high priced products, while entry level starts from about 75 USD, and ending at 905 USD.
I was not ignoring you, I just have never heard either of those (or even heard "of" them). They sound intriguing though. I had the same problem with the Ucotech ES-P1 (also from South Korea) and finally gave up trying to get them (even though they have them on the US Amazon site).

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #69,898 of 75,563
I was not ignoring you, I just have never heard either of those (or even heard "of" them). They sound intriguing though. I had the same problem with the Ucotech ES-P1 (also from South Korea) and finally gave up trying to get them (even though they have them on the US Amazon site).
I think @JAnonymous5150 is a fan of Ucotech ES-P1! And a youtube reviewer liked Ucotech's IEMs too. So not too late to revisit that rabbit hole :wink:

May 20, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #69,899 of 75,563
I think @JAnonymous5150 is a fan of Ucotech ES-P1! And a youtube reviewer liked Ucotech's IEMs too. So not too late to revisit that rabbit hole :wink:
You are right, @JAnonymous5150 actually picked up a second pair for his girl not too long ago, they both like them so much. I have read a couple of good reviews on them also. Even after all this time, I still haven't made up my mind as to whether I want to try that whole "fiasco" again... ROFL

Thank you for the info! :)

May 20, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #69,900 of 75,563

_DSC3806.jpg
Interesting! I may order the same one with a different parachord color but ill know once i get the war bag and see which one tickles my fancy =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back