Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 24, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #55,427 of 75,607
It's not fun at all, but here's my interaction with Jim.

HCK Jim said.
"About the length, can you give me a complete picture?
from earphone head to plug.
Then i will show to ksearphone's BOSS. "

I sent a picture and said:
"I measured the cable section again and it was 108 cm!"

Then Jim ran away like this.
"Please start with the plug, my friend
this is not a problem, please do not worry "

So I hunted down Jim.
"The plug is NOT cable. Your onmyoji page's spec below. The cable length must be 120 ± 5 cm!"
"This Onmyoji's pirce was $ 350 that is my highest price in my earbuds! It's only natural to assume that any product that's out of spec is defective!"
"Jim said that start with the plug, but it was 113cm long even including the plug, so it was out of spec and defective."

Then Jim began to stingy on my way of measuring.
"Hi, friend
Please don't forget that you manual measurement is used
It can be straightened here
Manual measurement, 100% is the existence of error
I hope you can understand this information "

So I was frustrated and said:
"You've got to be kidding!
Then send me the photo of a laser measuring device measuring the length of Onmyoji!
What you're saying is just a very poor excuse! "

Then Jim seems to think he can't convince, and Jim admire that the length of the spec is fake as @unerisaied, and Jim said:
"I will show your information to ksearphone's boss

The length of the page is written by my colleague
Now i deleted it
The official parameters, only these (written on the packaging box)
Now,
I will show your information to ksearphone's boss

I express my opinion:
① Regarding the length, I do n’t think this is a flaw
② The length information is written by nicehck, which is a fact. For other parameters, please refer to official information (please check the picture)
③Although I do not agree with your point of view, but I will communicate with the ksearphone boss
Parametric pictures, from their official Taobao store. This is the official parameter "

Jim then called ksearphone boss to get the boss's next statement.
"Because these are all hand-made braided wires, some of which can be braided loosely, then it will be three or four centimeters long; If it is braided tighter, it will be three or four centimeters short, basically, it is about 115 to 120cm, which means adding the length of the plug together. Because our plug itself is very long, including the inner diameter of the plug has been 7cm to 8cm. "

And Jim instructed me to take more pictures.
"Can you try to straighten them completely? Then provide me with pictures. I negotiate with the ksearphone boss. Put earphone in a completely straight state, and then measurement, and then give me a picture. I negotiate with the ksearphone boss."

So I took Onmyoji and measure tape made to be taped together. And took their pictgure and sent it to Jim.

Jim then said:
"The picture is a bit blurry, can you give me HD picture?"

I did.

Jim then sends the picture to the ksearphone boss. He got a reply.
"the reply of ksearphone boss
What he meant: the length is about 120 ± 10%
Because this is a hand-woven cable "

So Jim said:
"According to him information, I think there is no problem with your Onmyoji."

So I used the ultimate weapon.
"Hmmm, so the only problem left is that Jim wrote a spec with false information about the cable length of 1.2m ± 5cm, OK?
If ksearphone's BOSS won't do anything about me being inconvenienced by this, then Jim will do something about it, right?
For example, Jim could send me six cable clips as an apology, OK? "

But he doesn't send to this six cable clips as an apology. ← Now here
They are making themselves look really bad now. "120 +-10%"???? What kind of BS is that???? So they are saying it is ok for the cable to be within 108 < x < 132 (cm) (which is usually with a 95% statistical significance, so its a 5% chance that it isnt within that big margin either...).

(The guys at XINHS would cry if they saw this poor excuse...)

Jun 24, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #55,428 of 75,607
Managed to get a used green ST-10 at a nice price, almost half of m2s pro's sale price. With my limited experience in earbuds, currently I'm exploring what mid-fi earbuds can provide.
ST-10 was once smabat's flagship.

Just like you I was lucky enough to snatch one recently on the cheap, last one available from a random Amazon seller.

I like it a lot. It's easier to drive , less bassy, and less peaky in mid-high than ST-10s Gold.

Jun 24, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #55,429 of 75,607
They are making themselves look really bad now. "120 +-10%"???? What kind of BS is that???? So they are saying it is ok for the cable to be within 108 < x < 132 (cm) (which is usually with a 95% statistical significance, so its a 5% chance that it isnt within that big margin either...).

(The guys at XINHS would cry if they saw this poor excuse...)
It shows how K's earphone's aware of QC.
In general, Chinese manufacturers seem to think that QC is the role of the user. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #55,430 of 75,607
Small update and sorry again for the low effort post but it’s a duty to say the truth.
I expressed big disappointment about the Bell-ti (120ohm) but with a certain player now, I tend to love it the best. The comfort is out of this world, and the sound is now addictive to me now AND I find that the ease of drive is very useful too.
I don’t regret buying to the point where I shot myself on the foot promising to give it as a gift to somebody (I did not specify what model of earbuds) thinking I would not like the Bell-ti, and now I’m stuck in a situation where I have to buy a high-end earbud to keep my promise.
Bottom line, earbuds have to be judged patiently, over time, and the Bell-Ti is in fact a great earbud.
Do I find it overpriced though ? Yes.

Jun 24, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #55,431 of 75,607
Small update and sorry again for the low effort post but it’s a duty to say the truth.
I expressed big disappointment about the Bell-ti (120ohm) but with a certain player now, I tend to love it the best. The comfort is out of this world, and the sound is now addictive to me now AND I find that the ease of drive is very useful too.
I don’t regret buying to the point where I shot myself on the foot promising to give it as a gift to somebody (I did not specify what model of earbuds) thinking I would not like the Bell-ti, and now I’m stuck in a situation where I have to buy a high-end earbud to keep my promise.
Bottom line, earbuds have to be judged patiently, over time, and the Bell-Ti is in fact a great earbud.
Do I find it overpriced though ? Yes.
Do I think you're right? Yes! :wink:

Jun 24, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #55,433 of 75,607
Jun 24, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #55,434 of 75,607
1st, do I have it? No
2nd, do I want them? Not really, I'm not interested in fragile buds no matter how good they sound, and I often like to disassemble things, so it’s not for me :wink:
Fair enough ! What is your favorite comfortable earbud ? Like your top comfort earbud witht he best sound ?

Jun 24, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #55,435 of 75,607
I tried decent amount of shells, metal and plastic. I own also Bell LB but for my ear DOCOMO is most comfortable. I am currently using a 150ohm "red film" driver with them, which was originally made for the Nokia HDD-1 model that uses the same shell. And as for the best sound, you saw the pair I put together

Jun 24, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #55,436 of 75,607
Don't cancel 😅
lol ok fine, it comes in next Tuesday I believe. As much as I want to keep my rotation pared down, I'm really enjoying the Chaconne and EBX21 and find myself switching between them often. EBX21 with double foams and over-ear cables give them the low end I was looking for and they're still plenty clear for casual listening. I'm curious to see what experiential differences the Smabat M2S Pro I ordered and the FiiO EM5 can bring to the table.

Initially I was really intrigued by the Bell-Ti but I think I'll just skip that brand altogether at this point.

Jun 24, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #55,437 of 75,607
Well, I tell you my request with official faaeal:

- I buy Faaeal Rosemay and faaeal iris ancestor.
- receipt: I get a Faaeal bag and a crappy mp3 player.

puff.jpg

As you see?

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #55,438 of 75,607
Well, I tell you my request with official faaeal:

- I buy Faaeal Rosemay and faaeal iris ancestor.
- receipt: I get a Faaeal bag and a crappy mp3 player.

As you see?
You didn't get earbuds?

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #55,440 of 75,607
Different strokes for different folks, I really dislike my Earbuds Anonymous earbud, it is very dark with missing treble and midbass bleed in spades, super congested, and with a fixed cable to boot (when there's cheaper $5 stuff that actually have detachable options). The Earbuds Anonymous is actually the least used earbud in my stable, and I'm looking to sell it off actually!
Mine has the most treble extensions out of all the buds I listed. I’m surprised to read that you hear otherwise. It does have more bass that does warm up the midrange, but it’s tight, detailed, and/or fast bass and hasn’t muddied anything relative to my other buds. In fact I’d say the opposite: it is the clearest bud I’ve got with the most detail and instrument separation. It’s not a reference tuning for sure though! In fact it’s tuned similar to my X6 but with deeper bass, more detail, and more extended treble. The bass is definitely elevated for high(ish) listening volumes. It’s my bassiest bud for lack of a better descriptor. At low, long-term hearing safe volumes, it’s certainly pleasingly full to me And extra clear, deep bass has never really bothered me. In any case, I can’t wait to hear it next to a bud with more reviews and has been well received but people who have heard a lot of buds. The cable is a bummer though—not its quality, just the fact that it’s attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back