Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 24, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #55,411 of 75,871
I just ordered the M2s Pro based on @RikudouGoku’s review and several other models reviewed by multiple people that are related to the SMABAT. Funny thing is that I really want to see if the Ear Bud Anonymous Group buds are in that class for $25 And if I get a better bud out of it, then so be it ha ha. I also love the idea of a modular system Even if it’s just for the ease of repair. Right now the Ear Buds Anon is easily in a class by itself out of what I’ve heard: Faaeal Iris and Snow Lotus, Yincrow X6, Cat Ear Mimi(not a good bud unless comfort is all you are looking for), FENGRU DIY Tingo TC200, QianYun Qian69(my second favorite and maybe the most comfortable), and all the Apple buds.

Jun 24, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #55,412 of 75,871
I just ordered the M2s Pro based on @RikudouGoku’s review and several other models reviewed by multiple people that are related to the SMABAT. Funny thing is that I really want to see if the Ear Bud Anonymous Group buds are in that class for $25 And if I get a better bud out of it, then so be it ha ha. I also love the idea of a modular system Even if it’s just for the ease of repair. Right now the Ear Buds Anon is easily in a class by itself out of what I’ve heard: Faaeal Iris and Snow Lotus, Yincrow X6, Cat Ear Mimi(not a good bud unless comfort is all you are looking for), FENGRU DIY Tingo TC200, QianYun Qian69(my second favorite and maybe the most comfortable), and all the Apple buds.
Why not M2pro (not M2s pro)? Same shell, same drivers, better price!

Jun 24, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #55,413 of 75,871
Why not M2pro (not M2s pro)? Same shell, same drivers, better price!
I think M2pro does not have the fast clip, and it is only a few € cheaper, since I would choose the new one only because of the new controller that comes standard.

Jun 24, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #55,414 of 75,871
Jun 24, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #55,416 of 75,871
Jun 24, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #55,419 of 75,871

Different strokes for different folks, I really dislike my Earbuds Anonymous earbud, it is very dark with missing treble and midbass bleed in spades, super congested, and with a fixed cable to boot (when there's cheaper $5 stuff that actually have detachable options). The Earbuds Anonymous is actually the least used earbud in my stable, and I'm looking to sell it off actually!

Jun 24, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #55,420 of 75,871
Praying for my LBBS then.....

Its a shame that K seems to be shooting themselves in the foot with the crap QC and non-existent customer service....

Jun 24, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #55,422 of 75,871
Smabat M2S Pro review is up: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/smabat-m2s-pro.25238/reviews#review-26126

Priced around mid-tier, performs at high-tier level.
Also had to demote the score of the Yincrow RW-2000 review from 5/5 to 4.5/5.

Your review almost sucked me into getting them! For the sale price it is very tempting. But my recently acquired st10s black/golds asked me to please give my head a shake. Therefore it will take a little bit more than your excellent review to dupe me!

Jun 24, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #55,423 of 75,871
Your review almost sucked me into getting them! For the sale price it is very tempting. But my recently acquired st10s black/golds asked me to please give my head a shake. Therefore it will take a little bit more than your excellent review to dupe me!
The sale price sure is good.

Jun 24, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #55,425 of 75,871
It's not fun at all, my interaction with NiceHCK Jim about the problem the shortage of my Onmyoji cable.

HCK Jim said.
"About the length, can you give me a complete picture?
from earphone head to plug.
Then i will show to ksearphone's BOSS. "

I sent a picture and said:
"I measured the cable section again and it was 108 cm!"

Then Jim ran away like this.
"Please start with the plug, my friend
this is not a problem, please do not worry "

So I hunted down Jim.
"The plug is NOT cable. Your onmyoji page's spec below. The cable length must be 120 ± 5 cm!"
"This Onmyoji's pirce was $ 350 that is my highest price in my earbuds! It's only natural to assume that any product that's out of spec is defective!"
"Jim said that start with the plug, but it was 113cm long even including the plug, so it was out of spec and defective."

Then Jim began to stingy on my way of measuring.
"Hi, friend
Please don't forget that you manual measurement is used
It can be straightened here
Manual measurement, 100% is the existence of error
I hope you can understand this information "

So I was frustrated and said:
"You've got to be kidding!
Then send me the photo of a laser measuring device measuring the length of Onmyoji!
What you're saying is just a very poor excuse! "

Then Jim seemed to think, and Jim confessed that the length of the spec is fake as @uneri said, and Jim continued:
"I will show your information to ksearphone's boss

The length of the page is written by my colleague
Now i deleted it
The official parameters, only these (written on the packaging box)
Now,
I will show your information to ksearphone's boss

I express my opinion:
① Regarding the length, I do n’t think this is a flaw
② The length information is written by nicehck, which is a fact. For other parameters, please refer to official information (please check the picture)
③Although I do not agree with your point of view, but I will communicate with the ksearphone boss
Parametric pictures, from their official Taobao store. This is the official parameter "

Jim then called ksearphone boss to get the boss's next statement.
"Because these are all hand-made braided wires, some of which can be braided loosely, then it will be three or four centimeters long; If it is braided tighter, it will be three or four centimeters short, basically, it is about 115 to 120cm, which means adding the length of the plug together. Because our plug itself is very long, including the inner diameter of the plug has been 7cm to 8cm. "

And Jim instructed me to take more pictures.
"Can you try to straighten them completely? Then provide me with pictures. I negotiate with the ksearphone boss. Put earphone in a completely straight state, and then measurement, and then give me a picture. I negotiate with the ksearphone boss."

So I made Onmyoji and measure to be taped together. And took their pictgure and sent it to Jim.
And as another proof, I asked my head-fi friend to take a picture of the cable length of Onmyoji, which is 115cm (120cm with the plug part) and sent it to Jim.(thanks friend!)

Jim then said:
"The picture is a bit blurry, can you give me HD picture?"

I did it.

Jim then sent the picture to the ksearphone boss. He got a reply.
"the reply of ksearphone boss
What he meant: the length is about 120 ± 10%
Because this is a hand-woven cable "

So Jim said:
"According to him information, I think there is no problem with your Onmyoji."

So I used the ultimate weapon.
"Hmmm, so the only problem left is that Jim wrote a spec with false information about the cable length of 1.2m ± 5cm, OK?
If ksearphone's BOSS won't do anything about me being inconvenienced by this, then Jim will do something about it, right?
For example, Jim could send me six cable clips as an apology, OK? "

But he didn't send this six cable clips as an apology.
So I left the message bellow.
"Hey, Jim, answer me!
If you don't, I'm planning to post a detail story to head-fi (including the three times I was forced to take pictures of the cable and the problem with the false cable length specs).
And you're going to lose one or more customers."

And Jim said nothing for 3 hours, so I said last message.
"Good bye"

The old Jim was not like this. He was much more friendly to his customers... :L3000:
I won't be shopping at Jim's anymore.:angry:
I have decided never to recommend K'searphone and NiceHCK products again. :angry:
I registered the product & shop with the lowest rating of 1 star. :angry:

EDIT:
Jim apologised to me and the sent six cable clips as an apology.
So we made up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back