Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 23, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #55,396 of 75,871
For a high end earbud, what would you guys take here, the Shozy BK or the FiiO EM5? I know the EM5 is twice the price, but I’m looking for a more detailed earbud than my VE Zen.
Fiio EM5

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #55,397 of 75,871
btw, the price of the Iris Ancestor during sale is now even lower than the price on Shopee now :joy:

Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 05.28.59.png

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #55,398 of 75,871
btw, the price of the Iris Ancestor during sale is now even lower than the price on Shopee now :joy:

Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 05.28.59.png
...thats not the price I paid. I paid 4.19 usd on the official Faaeal store.

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #55,399 of 75,871
...thats not the price I paid. I paid 4.19 usd on the official Faaeal store.
:joy: yeah, they don't seem to be running much promotions there it seems. But other stores are selling them cheaper it seems. I got mine from shopee a while back at like 3.35USD, but JieTu seems to be selling them at 2.90USD now on Shopee. Kinda rare to see better prices on AE vs Shopee since it's usually cheaper to get stuff from Shopee for some reason.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002669708375.html

Jun 23, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #55,400 of 75,871
Jun 23, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #55,401 of 75,871
Jun 24, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #55,402 of 75,871
@jogawag @uneri @furyossa @FranQL @RikudouGoku
Profuse apologies gents for the delay in my updating (reporting) what the issue was with my Bell-Ti 120Ω. I was sincerely hoping to receive some feedback from our comrades over on erji.net regarding the other failures that were being experienced and reported. Unfortunately, I did not receive as much information as I had hoped... other than a few vague responses amounting to "driver and/or cable failure". They do tend to be very hesitant and/or even unhelpful in responding to "outsiders" which is a shame because erji.net is quite "earbud" active. To be honest it may be me though... my "Me Tarzan, You Jane" level of Chinese probably reads like that of a maniac six-year old idiot on crack! Any how, please read my updated post here (click me) where I go over the issue and the repair of my Bell-Ti 120Ω. Cheers!
Just received a PM from a Chinese audiophile and audio repairman who confirmed he had the same driver voice coil failure in the driver of his Bell-Ti 120Ω number 638. He also added that he had seen quite a number of other similar driver failures with the Bell-Ti models overall. He too was able to repair his driver, as well as a few of the others that have come across his repair table but he said it is an extremely difficult repair due to the size and design.

Jun 24, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #55,403 of 75,871
Just received a PM from a Chinese audiophile and audio repairman who confirmed he had the same driver voice coil failure in the driver of his Bell-Ti 120Ω number 638. He also added that he had seen quite a number of other similar driver failures with the Bell-Ti models overall. He too was able to repair his driver, as well as a few of the others that have come across his repair table but he said it is an extremely difficult repair due to the size and design.
After my bad experience with the Samara K300 over the authenticity of plug and failed driver of the LBBS, I guess I will have to avoid this brand for the time being.

I actually really liked the LBBS, but both of mine failed eventually.

Jun 24, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #55,404 of 75,871
I may be wrong but I really don’t see the point in fixing models like this by yourself. If they are already paid at such a high price, isn't it logical that their repair service does it at their own expense. As I said earlier, if you want to compete with big brands, you can't compete only with the high price but also with the service. Users do not buy such products just to enjoy them for a short time, , and here it is obvious that they pay for frustration and disappointment.
Why do you think Swiss watches are expensive? Probably not just because they look good, but because they work flawlessly

Jun 24, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #55,405 of 75,871
After my bad experience with the Samara K300 over the authenticity of plug and failed driver of the LBBS, I guess I will have to avoid this brand for the time being.

What a shame, I hope it was just bad luck.

My white LBB is 2 years old and still working, I have been using it regularly as a sleeping earbud for the past year. My K's Nameless is 9 months old, also no issue.

Jun 24, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #55,406 of 75,871
My old Onmyoji's plug had no sound on the left side. As I mentioned before, K's earphone does not have this level of QC even with $350 earbuds.

Then there is the cable short length problem with the My new Onmyoji that was replaced. (I can't write about it yet because I'm still negotiating with NiceHCK.)

Only the sound of K's earphone is good, though.

Jun 24, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #55,407 of 75,871

I may be wrong but I really don’t see the point in fixing models like this by yourself. If they are already paid at such a high price, isn't it logical that their repair service does it at their own expense. As I said earlier, if you want to compete with big brands, you can't compete only with the high price but also with the service. Users do not buy such products just to enjoy them for a short time, , and here it is obvious that they pay for frustration and disappointment.
Why do you think Swiss watches are expensive? Probably not just because they look good, but because they work flawlessly
My old Onmyoji's plug had no sound on the left side. As I mentioned before, K's earphone does not have this level of QC even with $350 earbuds.

Then there is the cable short length problem with the My new Onmyoji that was replaced. (I can't write about it yet because I'm still negotiating with NiceHCK.)

Concur. I highly doubt I will ever buy a Ks product again. The brand is now on my "no-no" list along with xDuoo, Audeze, Grado, and Jamo.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #55,408 of 75,871

And why do you have to go through all this twice in a row? This is not your fault.
I think that for each of these products, the title in front of the product name should be "FENGRU DIY" :wink:

Jun 24, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #55,409 of 75,871
What a shame, I hope it was just bad luck.

My white LBB is 2 years old and still working, I have been using it regularly as a sleeping earbud for the past year. My K's Nameless is 9 months old, also no issue.

It is not that they are poorly built as per se. Outwardly, the LBBS are sturdy but the drivers fail internally. Along with the random use of parts in my case of the Samsara.

I have no idea what they are up to when they obviously have the sound right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back