Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 2, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #46,276 of 75,270
I've got a bunch of my holiday presents ready to give out to my family and friends.

The (Earbuds Anonymous Earbud or EA Earbud).

20191201-131609-1.jpg

Wow. I hope they all like music:) Such nice earbuds.

Dec 2, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #46,277 of 75,270
I've got a bunch of my holiday presents ready to give out to my family and friends.

The (Earbuds Anonymous Earbud or EA Earbud).

20191201-131609-1.jpg

Still one of my favorites. And wonderful value!

Dec 2, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #46,278 of 75,270
Thnx a lot man...I will

Hi again, clearly the EBX soundstage is quite a bit wider, and slightly deeper. The TO400s is very intimate and puts you in a small room with the musicians, while keeping very good instruments separation, the EBX sounds more like in a small concert hall, if only because there's more detail and clarity so reverbs are much more present.

I received the Yincrow RW-1000 and it is even more spacious than the EBX. My early impressions is that it sounds very hifi, with even greater extension in the highs, but a bit less bass. It's otherwise more similar than different, with a mellow, round sub, and not much of mid-bass slam. No bleed into mids. Sounds maybe a bit dry, which I actually like.

Mids may be more natural, which could avoid the fatigue I get with the EBX on some material, but it's a bit early to say, I'll take them at work tomorrow to see if I can cope with the bright signature for extended sessions.

I will sell my TO600, too much mid-bass bleed into mids for me, can't win everytime at the chifi roulette.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #46,279 of 75,270
Hi again, clearly the EBX soundstage is quite a bit wider, and slightly deeper. The TO400s is very intimate and puts you in a small room with the musicians, while keeping very good instruments separation, the EBX sounds more like in a small concert hall, if only because there's more detail and clarity so reverbs are much more present.

I received the Yincrow RW-1000 and it is even more spacious than the EBX. My early impressions is that it sounds very hifi, with even greater extension in the highs, but a bit less bass. It's otherwise more similar than different, with a mellow, round sub, and not much of mid-bass slam. No bleed into mids. Sounds maybe a bit dry, which I actually like.

Mids may be more natural, which could avoid the fatigue I get with the EBX on some material, but it's a bit early to say, I'll take them at work tomorrow to see if I can cope with the bright signature for extended sessions.

I will sell my TO600, too much mid-bass bleed into mids for me, can't win everytime at the chifi roulette.

thnx man for taking time for the comparison....very clear one.
I really enjoy a big sound stage but i also understand that I can't stand sibilance so I guess the EBX is not for me. Please do update your impressions on Yincrow RW-1000 if its less fatiguing.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #46,280 of 75,270
thnx man for taking time for the comparison....very clear one.
I really enjoy a big sound stage but i also understand that I can't stand sibilance so I guess the EBX is not for me. Please do update your impressions on Yincrow RW-1000 if its less fatiguing.

If you can't stand sibilance, and listen to music prone to it, it's really best to avoid the EBX and RW-1000 honestly. It's a very clear difference between the TO400s or BK2 on one side, and the EBX and RW-1000 on the other side, on Jeff Buckley's Grace album for example.

The EBX and RW-1000 pierce my ears on "shhh" syllabs. I can only use those for classical, or mellow jazz albums, movies are great too with the big soundstage, for 1-2 hours sessions, it's golden in this context but I can't stand them on bright albums for extended time.

I never have encountered a situation like I feel agressed and want to turn the volume down or throw the BK2 or TO400s away otoh, even on harsh sounding music.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #46,281 of 75,270
Well after receiving my second willsound order from rholupat.

i just want to confirm that the mmcx is the way to go at least for me, i have tried mk2 with normal cable, with vjc old cable (red) and with vjc new black cable ( it is very annoyingly stiff ),

yet the mmcx version with my cables holds its ground with better clarity tightness and soundstage, also much lower distortion if any at higher volumes, i got like 8 or 9 different willsounds, mk2 mmcx was the way to go.

i tried mk32 with normal and black vjc cables, and still mk2 mmcx stays ahead. (actually the mk32 sounded kinda warmer and veiled compared to mk2 with campfire pure silver cable)

now the cables i tried with mk2 are not that cheap, but at least you will have the option, also i didn't think it would make such a noticeable difference.

anybody know if its easy to mod these shells with mmcx connectors ?

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #46,282 of 75,270
yet the mmcx version with my cables holds its ground with better clarity tightness and soundstage, also much lower distortion if any at higher volumes, i got like 8 or 9 different willsounds, mk2 mmcx was the way to go.
Which mmcx cable was the best for you? can you leave a link and cable name?

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #46,283 of 75,270
Which mmcx cable was the best for you? can you leave a link and cable name?

well, i haven't compared cables on it,

i had 2 mk2 mmcx, the old one i listened to with electro acoustic hybrid cable copper+silver priced around 170$ from aliexpress, and the new one i grabbed the nearest cable which was alo pure silver litz that comes with atlas priced at 249$ (they were priced like 70% lower on blackfriday), both are relatively high in price.

i will try them with some cheaper options and tell you my findings.

20191203_124945.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #46,284 of 75,270
well, i haven't compared cables on it,

i had 2 mk2 mmcx, the old one i listened to with electro acoustic hybrid cable copper+silver priced around 170$ from aliexpress, and the new one i grabbed the nearest cable which was alo pure silver litz that comes with atlas priced at 249$ (they were priced like 70% lower on blackfriday), both are relatively high in price.
Why do you use such expensive cables with a 40usd earbud? I'm honestly interested, as these cables are in the price range of Turandot and other high end buds.

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #46,285 of 75,270
Why do you use such expensive cables with a 40usd earbud? I'm honestly interested, as these cables are in the price range of Turandot and other high end buds.

Hahahaha well i didn't buy them specially for the willsound and since i already have them, why not use them ?

the pure silver came with the atlas but it was single ended, so i grabbed the electro acousti one in 4.4 balanced for the atlas also to use with the wm1a.

but i will check them with more budget cables from nicehck to see if they are still better than the fixed cable versions and i think this will be true.

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #46,286 of 75,270
EBX isn't sibilant. I am treble sensitive and have never heard sibilance or harness from them at all. Female vocals are ridiculous good. They are bright, but done right. And of course foams man. Its all about the foams. I use Heigi donuts because I need to boost a bit more lowend while keeping them mids and detailed highs the way they are. I listen to a lot of Jpop and female vocals with these. Also use them for Punk, Metal and Rock.

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #46,287 of 75,270
EBX isn't sibilant. I am treble sensitive and have never heard sibilance or harness from them at all. Female vocals are ridiculous good. They are bright, but done right. And of course foams man. Its all about the foams. I use Heigi donuts because I need to boost a bit more lowend while keeping them mids and detailed highs the way they are. I listen to a lot of Jpop and female vocals with these. Also use them for Punk, Metal and Rock.

My intent wasn't to say the EBX is sibilant in nature, sorry if it wasn't clear. Just that if there is sibilant matierial, it will pass through, whereas the TO400s for example, will tame it.

I'm listening to Mozart's requiem on the RW-1000 atm and boy, is it intense. Extremely emotional and detailed, with 0 harshness on this superbly recorded KV 626.

For this kind of earbuds, you need the right kind of records imo, and it's annoying me when I have to unplug them and take something else because Miles Davis's trumpet is piercing my ears...

It's not the best all-rounders for me, but in some special moments with the right material it's divine, to each his own.

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #46,288 of 75,270

Do they have a good sub bass?

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #46,289 of 75,270
Dec 3, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #46,290 of 75,270
You probably need to subscribe to THIS thread, then you will be (like me) a cable believer in the next few weeks :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back