Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 21, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #43,037 of 75,462
Hello Folks,

I received this Docomo today. It sounds awesome and I think that everybody should have this...

DIN1cW6.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PK1...957.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dEGs6H5

They even have a bluetooth version :xf_eek: While I originally got my sabia mmcx to use for things like that, I just couldnt use them for working out with how sweaty I get :p These would be perfect for me...its just safer to be able to hear things around you while working out, whether running outside or lifting in a gym.

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #43,040 of 75,462
Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #43,042 of 75,462
Got my first PK shell earbud (ST-16 I think they're called, those cheap red ones). They sound a bit different from the others I have for sure, not better or worse yet but I will say that the shell isn't as good as I'd hoped. It's bigger than the Qian39 shell it feels, either way, I think the Qian39 are still my favourite in terms of ergonomics and I like their sound signature as well for vocal heavy rock/pop rock/indie. It's just annoying that there are a billion MX500 shell buds and dozens of PK shell buds but only the Monk Lite and the Qian39 in the smaller thinner and imo, comfier shell.

Jun 22, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #43,048 of 75,462
Got my first PK shell earbud (ST-16 I think they're called, those cheap red ones). They sound a bit different from the others I have for sure, not better or worse yet
Do you mean the SR2 16ohm? If so, they require a lot of burn-in (100+ hours recommended by the seller). I noticed a big improvement after the first 50 hours then a gradual improvement thereafter.

Jun 22, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #43,049 of 75,462
Any sub $15 options on the neutral, perhaps detailed side with a good soundstage? I need something that has a thinner lip/edge or a greater distance between the stem and the lip, the mx500 style shells don't really fit me and hurt around the anti-tragus.

I asked earlier but is there a step up option in non mx500 shells? Up to 20 with mic and neutral/detailed preferred.

Not that many options to be honest with you but take a look at photos of the **** PT15, I think the stem may have enough distance so it does not interfere with your anti-tragus. Even though it looks a bit bulky in the photos, when positioned in the ear it does feel a bit smaller than MX500 shell. In terms of sound it should be suitable for you, it has neutral/bright tuning, the downside is that it is made of metal and has a bit of weight to it, I would not like to wear it for long listening sessions.

Jun 22, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #43,050 of 75,462
Maybe they are but I bought plugs like that for 1$ and the cable for 2$. Seems overpriced to me is all

I would love to find that cable to put on some of the buds my husband makes. We have found nothing like that... for $2 or any price. We look for cables that already have plugs and Y spitters on them already. We usually have to buy a bag of 5 or 10 to get a decent price and it is still more than you said.

You can actually find plugs that are quite expensive. You don't know what the bud builder had to pay for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back