Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 13, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #40,636 of 75,272
EB55.jpg

QC Audio 清川电声 QC500+
Audio-Technica ATH-C200iS
Ambie Sound Earcuffs
Smabat ST-10

Could you get a good fit on the Ambie? I tried to try it in the store but it was too hard to slip on right.

Mar 13, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #40,637 of 75,272
Ouh, the Ambie Sound Earcuffs seem interesting. Any impressions?
Also what about the Smabat ST-10?

Could you get a good fit on the Ambie? I tried to try it in the store but it was too hard to slip on right.

Ambie is hard to get a good fit (if you can call that a 'fit' at all), painful to wear for any extended period of time (as it clamps down on your outer ears) and sounds like a very cheap $1 thrill shop no-brand earbud. My advice? Avoid at all cost.

Smabat ST-10 on the other hand is excellent. I reckon it has probably somewhere between flagship and 2nd tier level of SQ. Very neutral sounding overall - while not exactly the same frequency response, I think the best I can describe ST-10 is that it is almost like a pair of Etymotic ER-4S in earbud's shell. Imaging and layering are some of the best I have heard.

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #40,638 of 75,272
Ambie is hard to get a good fit (if you can call that a 'fit' at all), painful to wear for any extended period of time (as it clamps down on your outer ears) and sounds like a very cheap $1 thrill shop no-brand earbud. My advice? Avoid at all cost.

Smabat ST-10 on the other hand is excellent. I reckon it has probably somewhere between flagship and 2nd tier level of SQ. Very neutral sounding overall - while not exactly the same frequency response, I think the best I can describe ST-10 is that it is almost like a pair of Etymotic ER-4S in earbud's shell. Imaging and layering are some of the best I have heard.
Is it a new version of Svara-L? I bought the Svara-L with the following description:
2017 100% Newest Svara L Flat Head Earphone Double Dynamic Earbud HIFI Monitor Earbud Earphone With MMCX Interface.
When I click in the product, inside the order, I'm redirected to ST-10 product page. I can see my feedback of my purchase of Svara-L in the ST-10 list of feedbacks...
The real question, is it different? Is it an upgrade?

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #40,639 of 75,272
Yincrow X6 sounds like Vido.

I bought Yincrow X6 from Amazon, but Yincrow X6 sounded same as my Vido...
So I returned Yincrow X6 with reason that I bought wrong earbuds.
A friend called me as a super claimer, but I didn't care.

Thanks for providing substansive information in your post. I have Vidos and bought and kept the X6 with no regrets. I don't like that J cable.
BTW, I have (now TWO - blue and red) Yincrow RW-9's and will do an AB test vs. X6 with a splitter. I *think* there's a huge difference.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #40,640 of 75,272
Is it a new version of Svara-L? I bought the Svara-L with the following description:
2017 100% Newest Svara L Flat Head Earphone Double Dynamic Earbud HIFI Monitor Earbud Earphone With MMCX Interface.
When I click in the product, inside the order, I'm redirected to ST-10 product page. I can see my feedback of my purchase of Svara-L in the ST-10 list of feedbacks...

ST-10 is from the same maker of Svara series, but it is not a reversion of Svara-L. As far as I can tell (as I own a older version of Svara-L), the tuning is completely different. It is more of a revolution than an evolution. Hence why it is not called a Svara anymore but instead the maker started a new company and a new name. The new ST-10, at least for me, is much better than the Svara-L.

Mar 13, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #40,641 of 75,272
ST-10 is from the same maker of Svara series, but it is not a reversion of Svara-L. As far as I can tell (as I own a older version of Svara-L), the tuning is completely different. It is more of a revolution than an evolution. Hence why it is not called a Svara anymore but instead the maker started a new company and a new name. The new ST-10, at least for me, is much better than the Svara-L.

Was your older version the 32ohm version? I ask because apparently the 32ohm version is tuned quite a bit differently than the previous non-32ohm version.

Mar 13, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #40,642 of 75,272

When I go to my aliexpress orders page, and click on my Svara L order, it also takes me to the smabat SB10 page. Weird.

Mar 13, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #40,643 of 75,272

You are making me want this ST-10. I wonder if it will sell for less during a sale. Have the March sales started yet?

Meanwhile... loving my less expensive buds and the ones that my husband makes for me like this one :

HungryPanda Siren... sounds amazing. He can describe it better but is busy at work.

It has black foams on it now but I wanted a photo that showed the front part.

10256448.jpg

Mar 13, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #40,644 of 75,272
Was your older version the 32ohm version? I ask because apparently the 32ohm version is tuned quite a bit differently than the previous non-32ohm version.

Actually I never measured my Svara-L. But it is the very first version without a doubt. I also have a prototype Svara-L as well as the later Svara Pro.

Mar 13, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #40,645 of 75,272
Actually I never measured my Svara-L. But it is the very first version without a doubt. I also have a prototype Svara-L as well as the later Svara Pro.

Thanks. In that case, until someone listens to the Svara L 32ohm and the Smabat ST10 side by side and tells me otherwise, I am going to choose to believe that the Svara L sounds much better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #40,646 of 75,272

I've got both Svara-L Earbuds - 115Ω [$54.00], and 32Ω [$49.68].
The 115Ω version is rather dark sounding, with a recessed Midrange, while the 32Ω model is more balanced, without the broad hole where the Midrange should be.

I'm listening to my Svara-L 32Ω at work today, connected to my DP-X1 DAP -> iBasso PB2 Amp (w/Burson V6 Classic op-amps).

This new ST-10 does sound interesting, if it's that much better than all of your Svara-L models.
It's just what I don't need - another set of earbuds... :ksc75smile:

Mar 13, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #40,647 of 75,272
This new ST-10 does sound interesting, if it's that much better than all of your Svara-L models.
It's just what I don't need - another set of earbuds... :ksc75smile:

What does NEED have to do with it?

What about DESIRE?

Mar 13, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #40,649 of 75,272
What does NEED have to do with it?

What about DESIRE?

Yes, desire. My desire is for Dbaldock9 to snag the ST10's so that he can compare them with the Svara's and tell me that I don't need the ST10's. That's not too much to ask, is it? :)

Mar 13, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #40,650 of 75,272
Yes, desire. My desire is for Dbaldock9 to snag the ST10's so that he can compare them with the Svara's and tell me that I don't need the ST10's. That's not too much to ask, is it? :)

I want someone to tell me that I need it... lol. That there is a hole in my list....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back