Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 5, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #37,261 of 75,216
Before they broke, when I had the Graphenes (old $29) in my ears, they were the best buds under $50.

Now though, when I have the RY4S in my ears (or the Kube 1.0's) , they are the best buds under $50.

But when I have the Willsound MK2's in my ears, they are definitely the best buds under $50.

And when I have the Fengru diy PK1 2.5mm 150ohm's in my ears (aka Linsoul 150's), there is no doubt that they are the best buds under $50.

Hmm, I think that my ears are very subjective!

Having said that, all of the above buds are awesome imo.
I know what you mean! There are a few that I currently rotate (the red ones in my sig) depending on mood and music, and each one seems to be 'the best' in some way while I'm listening to them even though they range from $4 (Sony) to $200 (AKG).

But my EB2 will definitely be The Best when they arrive. :wink:

Nov 5, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #37,262 of 75,216
What makes me wonder if burn in actually exist is that almost never ends up in a negative result, the sound alwyas end up where the person wants it to end up (more mass, less peaks, more airy), placebos exist and can be quite powerful, also how are makers able to tell if a headphone meet or is going to meet the quality standard if burn in was real?

Yeah, that's true of course. Like I say, I'm not a true believer. But, I can definitely hear a difference between the Pandas and the Monks, and I remember finding the Pandas significantly more open sounding originally which was why I started listening primarily to them. But now, I really find the Monks competing nicely with the Pandas. The Monks still have more middy grunt, which I like, but the divide in the higher frequencies no longer seems as significant as it was originally..

Nov 5, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #37,263 of 75,216
What makes me wonder if burn in actually exist is that almost never ends up in a negative result, the sound alwyas end up where the person wants it to end up (more mass, less peaks, more airy), placebos exist and can be quite powerful, also how are makers able to tell if a headphone meet or is going to meet the quality standard if burn in was real?

well, burn in, working in of mechanical moving parts can in theory only be beneficial, because the stiff areas of the driver that need to be more flexible get worked in and should in theory be able to move with less internal stress and friction. I'm pretty sure that placebo is a real thing in burn in, but at the same time, more freely moving drivers mean much less distortion and truer to life reproduction of analogue signal.

Nov 5, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #37,264 of 75,216
Nov 5, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #37,266 of 75,216
Btw guys, offtopic i know, but, my es100 just arrived, great little thing.

Yeah baby, indeed it is! Do you have any balanced buds to try out with it?

Nov 5, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #37,268 of 75,216
Yeah, i have a Monk+ espresso in 2.5 i received it as a "sorry for the trouble" almost a year ago, thats what i've been rocking since the es100 arrived and by 11.11 im getting the Linsoul's twin you talked about before.

Well in that case, I suppose I don't need to suggest / order / demand that you to get them!

Seriously, good choice - you're gonna like them :)

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #37,269 of 75,216
What makes me wonder if burn in actually exist is that almost never ends up in a negative result
I've had the same thought as well. If burn in is real, it would also be logical that there is an ideal time when the component reaches its peak performance and then begin to degrade with further usage, like a bell curve.

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #37,270 of 75,216
I've had the same thought as well. If burn in is real, it would also be logical that there is an ideal time when the component reaches its peak performance and then begin to degrade with further usage, like a bell curve.

I look at it like having a new baseball glove. Its really stiff at first and while useable, its not really in its optimum state. Only after breaking the glove in does it become really usable. I only feel that breaking in is a real thing because I have had 3 different warranty claims on headphones in the past and all companies involved sent me new in box headphones as replacements. 2 of the headphones had broken ANC, but the headphones still worked fine without ANC. The 3rd headphone only had a broken inline cable mic. All 3 sounded completely different out of the box then their used counterparts. I also burn in headphones while listening to music. Sometimes, some phone change a little bit in character while I am listening. Usually less grain or less harshness ect.

My only beef with burners is those that say it takes 100 hours or 200 hours to burn in something. My experience is that its actually a pretty fast change that happens fairly quick within the first few hours.

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #37,272 of 75,216
Tips for sharing a link from the Aliexpress mobile app.

We all know that the "share" function on the AE app isn't very well implemented, because it gives us links which work only for those having the app.
So, here's a workaround for this problem:

First, simply use the share function and copy the link to clipboard, then paste the link in Chrome's navigation bar and go to the first result. Change the layout from mobile to desktop, and copy the link in the address bar. This link works for everyone.

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #37,274 of 75,216
Plan to buy RY4S UE but, was the Svara L, Willsound MK2, Linsoul BLD150 (but why no 3.5mm) and other $20-$70 price buds really a huge upgrade? i mean was it worth the price?
Player: LG V30
Genre: All but mostly HipHop, SlipKnot, Korn and some Dream Theater like bands..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back