Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 4, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #36,076 of 75,565
I'd love to see them become the new EMX500 (which I belive was the most popular budget bud so far).
Monk+ went viral on the internet and must be the most popular and best known. It is no accident that so many buds sold on AliExpress claim "kills Monk+". Everybody knows the Monk+. Nobody says "kills EMX500".

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #36,077 of 75,565
So black ling, ebx, blox or rose masya? I listen to pretty much all genres.

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #36,079 of 75,565
So black ling, ebx, blox or rose masya? I listen to pretty much all genres.

You should know that in a month or so Black Ling will be replaced by Titaniun Ling while Masya will be replaced by Masya 2. You might want you wait just a little longer.

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #36,080 of 75,565
Monk+ went viral on the internet and must be the most popular and best known. It is no accident that so many buds sold on AliExpress claim "kills Monk+". Everybody knows the Monk+. Nobody says "kills EMX500".

I get what you are saying but I feel like this comment is kinda outdated. Monk is not among the best buds for months now, dare I say years and EMX500 is consistently on top of polls on Earbuds Anonymous. It is also highly regarded here.

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #36,081 of 75,565

maybe because emx500 is harder to kill, while the monk+ is easier? maybe...

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #36,082 of 75,565
You should know that in a month or so Black Ling will be replaced by Titaniun Ling while Masya will be replaced by Masya 2. You might want you wait just a little longer.
Damn. But the prices are higher. I'd expect the price for the Black Ling to drop on the 11.11 to around 200$. 375$ is almost the double...

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #36,083 of 75,565
Hmm may leave it until 11.11 unless I go blox

Oct 4, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #36,084 of 75,565

I thought the Titanium Ling was already out on the Chinese website?

Oct 4, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #36,085 of 75,565
I thought the Titanium Ling was already out on the Chinese website?

That's pre-order. Actual production has yet to begin AFAIK.

Maysa 2 however is already in production, but currently limited to custom order only which will give you a customized face plate like an custom IEM. Official price has yet to be publicly announced yet.

Oct 4, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #36,086 of 75,565

Maysa 2 however is already in production, but currently limited to custom order only which will give you a customized face plate like an custom IEM. Official price has yet to be publicly announced yet.

Did pre-order permit the choice of a low impedance version or is the low impedance version just speculation at this point?

Oct 4, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #36,087 of 75,565
Did pre-order permit the choice of a low impedance version or is the low impedance version just speculation at this point?
Pre-order doesn't specify which version but I am pretty sure both versions will be available. However the final price of the high impedance version has yet to be determined. It is currently national days in China and typically everyone will be off for at least a week so we won't get more detail until they are back to work sometime next week.

Oct 4, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #36,088 of 75,565
Pre-order doesn't specify which version but I am pretty sure both versions will be available. However the final price of the high impedance version has yet to be determined. It is currently national days in China and typically everyone will be off for at least a week so we won't get more detail until they are back to work sometime next week.

Truly exciting times for the earbuds space... :D

Oct 4, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #36,089 of 75,565
So you hear this reverb or resonance in your samsara too? I noticed something similar in the ling, I think it's around 1-2khz. Check with a frequency sweet on youtube and see loud it gets around 1-2khz. Most of my earbuds dip between those two. 2khz or slightly beyond it starts to do the natural raise until it hits 5-6khz and dips again.

I just checked... seems to be very similar, not disturbingly so though (at least as far as I can tell as of yet... ). The most piercing sibilance comes in at around 3.3K ish. The slight bump before and after allow for that mid-high presence without the sibilance. Definitely, a v-shape based on the jump in the highs in general

The reverb I am referring to (to clarify if we are on the same page) is more of the spatial effect you get with audio programmes or processors... it is not necessarily a bad thing.

Incidentally, I just ran the Eb2 through the same thing... much more flat through that range (1-5K) with a ramp up at around 4.7K ish. .....clarity!

And the Datura X - at a very quick listen... slight drop between 1.2-1.8K, rise then drop again between 2.2-2.5K, slight rise, then ramps up at 5K ish... more u-shaped...?

... but then again I'm sure there are charts for all this stuff... :)

Oct 4, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #36,090 of 75,565

Oh I saw that but It looks like the same Masya shell and thus I assumed same driver, just with new aesthetics to choose custom back plate?

Hace you heard it is actually a new driver-tuning too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back