Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 3, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #36,062 of 75,863
Had the PT25 for a couple of days. Pretty much all what ClieOS said. Comfy, good sound. Wasn't sure they were metal so they are more robustly built than I thought they would be. Problem is they are smaller than I thought they would be. I have, from ear infections as a youth more room on my right side than the left so hard to work with bit too small stuff as doubling foams or just one side or whatever to get the the same seal in both ears is a bit of a chore. So, if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. I will post them in my FS thread soon enough but give the heads up here first. Would trade for a Yincrow RW-9.

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #36,063 of 75,863
If I didn't have the NiceHCK EBX and the Datura-X I think I would be all over the EB2 in a heartbeat

Oct 3, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #36,064 of 75,863
I think if I need to have a non-portable sort of cable to get full-sized can sound, I can just use my non-portable HD800S

yup. as headphone-like an earbud can be, it's hard to beat the physical size and capabilities of a headphone, especially open backs, which i think are more in direct/similar sound presentation to the earbuds family. add thick cables, the earbud would loose the primary advantage they have over headphones: portability.

I kinda feel the same way about the Datura X's

i also think that the Datura should be the new EMX500; they share similar signature with a more polished sound and overall presentation. I've just googled and found out the Datura is a poisonous flower called "the devil's trumpet"... add an X on the name... can't get any metal than that :joy:

If I didn't have the NiceHCK EBX and the Datura-X I think I would be all over the EB2 in a heartbeat

replace EBX with Liebesleid, and we have the same situation :grin:

Oct 3, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #36,065 of 75,863
It's okay. No need for the EB2 if you've got the EBX. They have a similar clarity, but the EBX is more well rounded, fuller sounding, and overall better. You'll be fine without that one.

Oct 3, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #36,066 of 75,863
I kinda feel the same way about the Datura X's. Have you tried them? I'm on the fence about getting the EB2's since I'm enjoying the X's so much.

One does not make the other redundant.

My MK3 are not even here yet and im now considering the eb2, why you do this to me guys?.

Sounds normal to me.

Maybe you know someone who would lend you hers for a short listen. Meanwhile I bet you have more than the EBX and the Datura X to listen with.

Oct 3, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #36,067 of 75,863

Attachments

• guilty.gif
    guilty.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 0
Oct 3, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #36,069 of 75,863
Had the PT25 for a couple of days. Pretty much all what ClieOS said. Comfy, good sound. Wasn't sure they were metal so they are more robustly built than I thought they would be. Problem is they are smaller than I thought they would be. I have, from ear infections as a youth more room on my right side than the left so hard to work with bit too small stuff as doubling foams or just one side or whatever to get the the same seal in both ears is a bit of a chore. So, if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. I will post them in my FS thread soon enough but give the heads up here first. Would trade for a Yincrow RW-9.

Before you trade it away, try this: swap the left and right earpieces on cable, then wear them over-the-ear. Kind of give it a more analytical sound. Someone on erji.net taught me this.

Oct 3, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #36,071 of 75,863
So.... I feel like I'm a candy store... but with only a dollar at a time... :wink:

My eb2s came in at the end of last week. Today I got both my Faael Datura X and my looooong awaited K's 300 Samsara!!!!!!!

What to listen to first/next/last ...?!? Lol!

With the HE150 Pro as my most familiar and reference point...

Eb2 - more mid high focused, better detailed /analytical (?), a touch light on the bass side for accurate representation of some of the music I listen to. Great buds but a touch light light on the low end (and I mean a touch... Not like some mid high focused buds I have heard (that about the heck out of me)). Also depth is not quite as deep perhaps because of the slightly forward mid and highs. Nice wide soundstage. Airy. .... As a quick comparison to my modded PT15 - the Pt15 is not quite as clear, but makes up the low-end making them slightly more versatile for different genres....

Datura X - for my preferences the hype is real! Bass and sound signature is similar to the HE150 Pro but mid and highs are more pronounced. Smooth. Whereas the HE150 Pro is slightly L-shaped, the Datura X is more neutral. Soundstage is nice and wide and holographic but depth goes to to the HE150 Pro. (I'm listening to these as I write this... These are awesome !! The separation and layering is fantastic! I'm going to have to do more comparisons but I think these just replaced my HE150 Pros...?! )

K's 300 Samsara - very similar to full can goodness (HD650 as a reference). As much as I want them to be the same the HD650 is still on a different level I think. These things do sound BIG!! Compared to the the other mentioned buds these sound almost like there is a bit of reverb built into them... Very cool! They cover the full frequency range with ease... What I think is necessary for accurate representation. Sounds signature is similar, but an improvement on, the Datura X and HE150 Pro... And luckily my preferred sound signature so far.

As a caveat, these are only initial impressions as more time is required for burn in... Either way things are looking up and I think I'm going have plenty to keep my busy for a while....

:)

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #36,072 of 75,863
So.... I feel like I'm a candy store... but with only a dollar at a time... :wink:

My eb2s came in at the end of last week. Today I got both my Faael Datura X and my looooong awaited K's 300 Samsara!!!!!!!

Eb2 - more mid high focused, better detailed /analytical (?), a touch light on the bass side for accurate representation of some of the music I listen to. Great buds but a touch light light on the low end (and I mean a touch... Not like some mid high focused buds I have heard (that about the heck out of me)). Also depth is not quite as deep perhaps because of the slightly forward mid and highs. Nice wide soundstage. Airy. .... As a quick comparison to my modded PT15 - the Pt15 is not quite as clear, but makes up the low-end making them slightly more versatile for different genres....

Datura X - for my preferences the hype is real! Bass and sound signature is similar to the HE150 Pro but mid and highs are more pronounced. Smooth. Whereas the HE150 Pro is slightly L-shaped, the Datura X is more neutral. Soundstage is nice and wide and holographic but depth goes to to the HE150 Pro. (I'm listening to these as I write this... These are awesome !! The separation and layering is fantastic! I'm going to have to do more comparisons but I think these just replaced my HE150 Pros...?! )

K's 300 Samsara - very similar to full can goodness (HD650 as a reference). As much as I want them to be the same the HD650 is still on a different level I think. These things do sound BIG!! Compared to the the other mentioned buds these sound almost like there is a bit of reverb built into them... Very cool! They cover the full frequency range with ease... What I think is necessary for accurate representation. Sounds signature is similar, but an improvement on, the Datura X and HE150 Pro... And luckily my preferred sound signature so far.

As a caveat, these are only initial impressions as more time is required for burn in... Either way things are looking up and I think I'm going have plenty to keep my busy for a while....

So you hear this reverb or resonance in your samsara too? I noticed something similar in the ling, I think it's around 1-2khz. Check with a frequency sweet on youtube and see loud it gets around 1-2khz. Most of my earbuds dip between those two. 2khz or slightly beyond it starts to do the natural raise until it hits 5-6khz and dips again.

My ling however (factoring in the slight channel imbalance at around 1.2khz) had a definate bump in that region, infact the right channel had a pretty unacceptable massive peak there (painful to the ear compared to the left which was just moderate) and the bass developed a rattle in the right driver so i got it sent back for repair from the seller because that's not really acceptable at this price.

But, once I just focused on listening to the left earbud, it sounded way more natural but its possibly this peak is a common occurance in K's earbuds? Maybe it's intentional to have it like this.

It makes vocals very emphasised but a little overly bright without the low mid body to back it up.

Try dipping 1-2k by 1,2 and 3 db on an EQ and tell me if it sounds more normal/natural if you can?

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #36,073 of 75,863
EB2 arrived. If I had to compare to a "sound", from all the stuff i've tried thats recognizable.. I would say it reminds me a bit to the HD650. It has really smooth highs, bass is tight, soundstage is good. Im using it with the grey pads, it looks good grey with black. I've only used it for a couple hours, I wonder how it will warm up. :ksc75smile:

Oct 3, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #36,074 of 75,863

Nice impressions. Thanks!

Oct 3, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #36,075 of 75,863
Has anyone compared Blox TM9 with some Blur earbuds???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back