Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 4, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #36,106 of 75,868
For my Ling it was an issue with driver imbalance and the peak was lower around 1.2khz and sounded piercing/unnatural. I'm 100% sure it was a defect as the same driver was rattling in the bass weeks later. It must has had a fault in it's manufacturing.

Maybe the samsara FR was intended to sound as you are hearing, for my ling it was a jarring experience and I immediately asked ClieOS about his Ling which was not experiencing such issues.

It was only last month that I realised how big the imbalance was and it was a massive spike, then the bass rattle forced me to contact the seller for repair/replacement.
Ah... My initial observations with the Samsara were just observations, not fault-pointing. I hope your Lings get sorted... I have glanced at them based on your comments but limited my self ONLY to glancing... even with the big sale discounts, it is a big 'commitment'... :wink:

Oct 4, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #36,107 of 75,868
Ah... My initial observations with the Samsara were just observations, not fault-pointing. I hope your Lings get sorted... I have glanced at them based on your comments but limited my self ONLY to glancing... even with the big sale discounts, it is a big 'commitment'... :wink:
Don't let those issues throw you off im sure I just got unlucky, the build quality is excellent otherwise and the sound is pretty unique and go from decent to exceptional with the right foams.

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #36,108 of 75,868
Oh I saw that but It looks like the same Masya shell and thus I assumed same driver, just with new aesthetics to choose custom back plate?

Hace you heard it is actually a new driver-tuning too?

From what I have gathered so far, the tuning will be different. While it is officially referred as Masya 2, it is actually the third versions as far as tuning is concerned. The original tuning is with the normal gold/black face plate as well as carbon fiber face plate, then there is the 2nd tuning which has the wooden face plate but is offered alongside the original tuning. Rose probably didn't feel the difference is big enough to call the them a separated products as they do with Masya 2. So far I only learn about the custom version but my guess is the non-custom version will not be far away either, then we will likely have more info about pricing. In any case I'll try to confirm with Rose about all the detail once they are back to work.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #36,109 of 75,868
I understand but the samasara is using the same standard mx500 shell as every other mx500 type earbud so if the reverb is caused by the shell it would be common across many earbuds.

It may be perceived as a reverb but it's not proven to be so. I'm thinking it could be a characteristic of the driver frequency response.

If it's an effect of the soundstage, it's caused by the driver frequency response. That's why I suspect it to be an imbalance or resonance in the driver.

believe me, i tinkered with reverb effects in recording and mixing long enough to not mixed the sound of intended reverb (made by the recording) or a bouncing rogue resonance signal caused by the shell :sweat_smile:. when in doubt you can alway check the song with bigger gears other than earbuds (speakers, headphones, car stereo system, etc) to check, see if it is a reverb or a "reverb"

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #36,110 of 75,868
Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #36,112 of 75,868
I get what you are saying but I feel like this comment is kinda outdated. Monk is not among the best buds for months now, dare I say years and EMX500 is consistently on top of polls on Earbuds Anonymous. It is also highly regarded here.
My comment didn't have anything to do with quality, only popularity and celebrity. Personally, I never even liked the Monk+. The internet has given the Monk+ a huge amount of publicity (like this). Outside this thread, most people probably can't name another earbud (well, except for Apple EarPod). I will give Monk credit for that — many people gave up on earbuds long ago, and the Monk publicity brought earbuds back to their attention.

Oct 4, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #36,113 of 75,868
Oct 4, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #36,114 of 75,868
I find very little difference between those Vido's and Monks tbh (I don't listen at high volumes), both have the same shell and a similar sound for me. I guess I prefer the build of the cable that the Monk uses compared to that crappy Vido EMX500 cable but they are like half the price of a Monk+ so there's that at least lol.

Btw if anyone knows of any earphones that have that PK2 shell on sale or for the price of a Monk+ then lemme know, I wanna try out that shell before I get one of the better ones with it.

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #36,115 of 75,868
Don't let those issues throw you off im sure I just got unlucky, the build quality is excellent otherwise and the sound is pretty unique and go from decent to exceptional with the right foams.
... if i didn't know any better I'd say you were trying to encourage me to consider the black lings..................:thinking:

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #36,116 of 75,868
Is the bass similar to Qian 69 ?

Hello.

But first of all I must say that the lace I get with the EB2 is quite deep, the earbud is sure to fit me best. By this I mean that I get a good seal, surely that's why I get a feeling of bass greater.

The tests between both have been quite fast, but I have created a little idea of their differences.

EB2 is more sensitive than Qian69. IMHO EB2 has more subbass but the Qian69 have more presence in the medium bass. Qian69 is something more in V than EB2, EB2 has more forward voices and greater clarity, where Qian69 sounds more distant and veiled. The highs of the Qian69 sound sharper to me while in the EB2 they are softer and better integrated with the mids. The clarity, scene and separation are better in EB2. Globally better EB2 compared to Qian69.

Oct 4, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #36,118 of 75,868
After trying the EB2 for 2 days, I kind of miss a bit of more action in the trebles, it's a bit too "smooth" for my taste but it sounds pretty good.

Next purchase will be the panda which is suposed to be a clone of the Yuin PK2 and I loved the Yuin PK3 back then and supposedly PK2 was better.

I guess a smooth sound is better for your earing low term tho.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #36,120 of 75,868
After trying the EB2 for 2 days, I kind of miss a bit of more action in the trebles, it's a bit too "smooth" for my taste but it sounds pretty good.

Next purchase will be the panda which is suposed to be a clone of the Yuin PK2 and I loved the Yuin PK3 back then and supposedly PK2 was better.

I guess a smooth sound is better for your earing low term tho.
Panda has soft treble and warm bass. Just a heads up, it's no more trebley than eb2 but has a fuller low mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back