Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 8, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #34,456 of 75,628
It's a lot easier to give into temptation for cheaper buds though. I'm still interested in Willy's PK16 and there's always something interesting on Rholupat. Love that VJC cable that's on my Crow Audio Raven Mk2. Adhi has a few available that use that. Hmmm...
Try VUNBUD. Has VJC cable with MMCX connectors. Appears to be back in stock on Rholupat.

Sep 8, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #34,457 of 75,628
Another quick question regarding some of the TOTL earbuds. I’ve been using the Moon Nightshade for the last few weeks and with my very limited earbud experience think they are excellent. I prefer them to my only other earbud which is the Toneking 400.

Has anybody got experience of Moonbuds products in comparasion to some of the TOTL products sold through retailers, like my earlier post I’m thinking of buds like the VE Zoe, SWD2 and Blox etc etc?

Sep 8, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #34,460 of 75,628
First impressions of MX760 graphene (black with metal grill) with no burn-in:
Sound is ever so slightly larger than the Yincrow rw-777
Even though they are MX500 shells, they are MUCH more comfortable than the VE Monk+
Mid-bass bleeds pretty heavily into the mid-range
upper-mids/lower-treble have a slight resonance to them, screwing with separation. Slight peak between 2-4K but much less so than the Datura-X

Yincrow's have a more evolved, and well rounded sound so far. Will burn these graphenes in for at least 100 hours before doing a true test.

EDIT: Replaced stock foams on the MX760 with VE Foams. Reduced mid-bass bleed significantly and reduced upper-mid/lower trebel resonance. Just goes to show, these headphone makers really need to supply VE foams with all of their headphones.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #34,463 of 75,628
That's what she said.

Sep 8, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #34,464 of 75,628
Sep 8, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #34,465 of 75,628
First impressions of MX760 graphene (black with metal grill) with no burn-in:
Sound is ever so slightly larger than the Yincrow rw-777
Even though they are MX500 shells, they are MUCH more comfortable than the VE Monk+
Mid-bass bleeds pretty heavily into the mid-range
upper-mids/lower-treble have a slight resonance to them, screwing with separation. Slight peak between 2-4K but much less so than the Datura-X

Yincrow's have a more evolved, and well rounded sound so far. Will burn these graphenes in for at least 100 hours before doing a true test.

EDIT: Replaced stock foams on the MX760 with VE Foams. Reduced mid-bass bleed significantly and reduced upper-mid/lower trebel resonance. Just goes to show, these headphone makers really need to supply VE foams with all of their headphones.

how do you compare the yincrow rw777 to the Datura X?

Sep 8, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #34,466 of 75,628
My new earbud willsound mk3+ with 8 braids cable and 2,5 mm jack. Thx to @WillSound for this great earbud

IMG_1937.jpg

Sep 8, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #34,467 of 75,628
Sep 8, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #34,468 of 75,628
how do you compare the yincrow rw777 to the Datura X?

No comparison. The yincrow is a significant improvement on the datura, mainly in its flatter treble response that removes the resonance peak on the daturas, and slightly better imaging and a much better soundstage. rest of the frequency response is similar, which is a plus for both buds in my book.

Sep 8, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #34,469 of 75,628
No comparison. The yincrow is a significant improvement on the datura, mainly in its flatter treble response that removes the resonance peak on the daturas, and slightly better imaging and a much better soundstage. rest of the frequency response is similar, which is a plus for both buds in my book.

So, if I have the yincrow, I should not get the datura x?

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #34,470 of 75,628
Should you pull the trigger you say? You do realise where you´re asking this question don´t you? If not, look below, the artist was inspired by the average follower of this thread:

images

I can´t comment on the Willsound line, but I really like the FAAEAL Snow Lotus 2.0, I listened with nothing else for four days in a row when I first got them which is a first for me, although deep bass is not their forte. Silly question, but have you tried foam rolling with the MK3? It certainly won´t break the bank and might get you closer to your desired sound, if you tell us what kind of signature you prefer (warm, neutral, analytical etc) maybe more people can chime in and help.

Neutral, thick mids plus good bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back