Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 7, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #34,441 of 75,879
@tim0chan : Please waiting until it surpassed burn-in period. Though its treble is nothing special to me and It doesn't give me very negative feeling too.
@palestofwhite : It depends on what you stay now and what you will go next. If you are the one who always goes to an audio show event and trail-listen an over 100,000 $USD 2-channel speakers system as well as other hi-end audio stuff, it would be very hard to praise somethings (less wow feeling)~

By the way, tomorrow I am going to join Chord Electronics (CEO Mr. John Franks) Interview & Meeting event in Thailand. Well I might ask him about when Mojo2 will be announced and what does he think about balanced output cause both Mojo and Hugo series are still single-end output.

basically what they think that balanced means doubling the components and could compromise transparency, and also they designed the chord portables powerful enough that SE connections is enough

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...n-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-1843#post-13102878

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/ces-2014-headphone-earphones-and-related-electronics-part-1/?page=5

Sep 7, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #34,442 of 75,879
They are similar that both are right at the very top of the current earbuds world. ZOE, if driven well, can compete on that level as well - but the key words are 'driven well'. TM9 and SWD2+ on the other hand do not require as much attention on source matching. The big difference between TM9 and SWD2+, to me, is that TM9 is completely smooth, relax and open; where SWD2+ has a more aggressive upper mid / lower treble. In other words, SWD2+ is the more energetic of the two while TM9 is the more immersive one. ZOE on the other hand has more of VE trademarked warmish signature that is more focused on the mid and lower range, giving it a sweeter overall tone.

Cheers for the breakdown, might give either the Zoe or SWD2+ a try.

Forgot to message you, cable arrived - many thanks.

Sep 7, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #34,443 of 75,879
55B3D1A9-1B67-48E9-B0B3-C019F5AAA3F0.jpeg 6966F9CB-5EBA-4785-A036-2AE98C0F7431.jpeg
Only used these for a few hours but the Zoomfred is incredible! Massive 3D soundstage, deep satisfying sub-bass, non-fatiguing, super smooth yet detailed. Just a unique analog signature. Can’t find any flaws in the sound. Only issue might be the stiff lower half of the cable but with the right shirt clip it’s really just as easy to use as anything else.

Sep 8, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #34,445 of 75,879
DIY PK2 SR2 PRO 16ohm requires the burn-in time of 100 hours, and the sound signature changes unstably many times during burn-in. (Please don't use burn-in file.)
Ultimately, with a moderate sound stage, it will be a powerful bass and a slightly hard treble sound signature.
I think that at least this powerful bass is winning to the SWD2+.
If you feel that the treble is too hard, please use the full form.
I also have a Cresyn version, but I think that DIY PK2 SR2 PRO 16ohm is worth about 24 usd of the current price.
Thanks for the feedbacks. I will reconsider.

BTW how much you like /don't like the cresyn?

Sep 8, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #34,447 of 75,879
They are similar that both are right at the very top of the current earbuds world. ZOE, if driven well, can compete on that level as well - but the key words are 'driven well'. TM9 and SWD2+ on the other hand do not require as much attention on source matching. The big difference between TM9 and SWD2+, to me, is that TM9 is completely smooth, relax and open; where SWD2+ has a more aggressive upper mid / lower treble. In other words, SWD2+ is the more energetic of the two while TM9 is the more immersive one. ZOE on the other hand has more of VE trademarked warmish signature that is more focused on the mid and lower range, giving it a sweeter overall tone.
That one caught my interest. If I was about to buy the ZOE, which cable would you pick? Or simply go with the default one of ZOE?

And what drives the ZOE well? A SoundBlaster Z sound card?

Sep 8, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #34,448 of 75,879
That one caught my interest. If I was about to buy the ZOE, which cable would you pick? Or simply go with the default one of ZOE?

No harm picking up the 102ssc for half the price when you get the ZOE... That's the route I went and I do prefer the 102ssc with the ZOE.

Sep 8, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #34,449 of 75,879
I hate stiff cables. That's a deal breaker in my world.

You and me both.

I'll either keep to the Oyaide cable that VE sells (though that one is a little stiff) or probably some pure silver cable. The stock cable, to me, is a bit on the boring side. As for source, something with good power and neutral to slightly bright sounding.

Sep 8, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #34,451 of 75,879
I have the Willsound MK3, I'm looking at MK1. Should I pull the trigger? Any other suggestion.
I would like my MK3 to have more bass and ToTL w/o breaking the bank

Should you pull the trigger you say? You do realise where you´re asking this question don´t you? If not, look below, the artist was inspired by the average follower of this thread:

images

I can´t comment on the Willsound line, but I really like the FAAEAL Snow Lotus 2.0, I listened with nothing else for four days in a row when I first got them which is a first for me, although deep bass is not their forte. Silly question, but have you tried foam rolling with the MK3? It certainly won´t break the bank and might get you closer to your desired sound, if you tell us what kind of signature you prefer (warm, neutral, analytical etc) maybe more people can chime in and help.

Sep 8, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #34,452 of 75,879
You and me both.

I'll either keep to the Oyaide cable that VE sells (though that one is a little stiff) or probably some pure silver cable. The stock cable, to me, is a bit on the boring side. As for source, something with good power and neutral to slightly bright sounding.

Yes, it is rather stiff, is awkward to straighten out, and quite microphonic. However, I don't use my ZOE on the move and use my RA 2.0bl with warp core, so that's not a problem. I am thinking about getting an upgrade cable, if I can get a softer one. Any recommendations would be welcome.

On another note, I have been quite tempted with all the talk of the TM9, but I doubt it would be a significant upgrade over my ZOE, so I'll probably resist the temptation.

It's a lot easier to give into temptation for cheaper buds though. I'm still interested in Willy's PK16 and there's always something interesting on Rholupat. Love that VJC cable that's on my Crow Audio Raven Mk2. Adhi has a few available that use that. Hmmm...

Sep 8, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #34,453 of 75,879
Yes, it is rather stiff, is awkward to straighten out, and quite microphonic. However, I don't use my ZOE on the move and use my RA 2.0bl with warp core, so that's not a problem. I am thinking about getting an upgrade cable, if I can get a softer one. Any recommendations would be welcome.

On another note, I have been quite tempted with all the talk of the TM9, but I doubt it would be a significant upgrade over my ZOE, so I'll probably resist the temptation.

It's a lot easier to give into temptation for cheaper buds though. I'm still interested in Willy's PK16 and there's always something interesting on Rholupat. Love that VJC cable that's on my Crow Audio Raven Mk2. Adhi has a few available that use that. Hmmm...

I believe Lee is still offering his pure blue cable for half off to Zoe owners, but you’d have to message him, not sure you can get it straight up from his website. Extremely soft and uses pure silver not just plated..I doubt you can find anything like that for less elsewhere.

Sep 8, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #34,454 of 75,879
just got my graphenes and yincrow rw-777. havent tested the graphenes yet, but the yincrows are on another level compared to my other headphones (sans akg k7xx). Very mature sound, great separation, stage and decay.

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #34,455 of 75,879
I believe Lee is still offering his pure blue cable for half off to Zoe owners, but you’d have to message him, not sure you can get it straight up from his website. Extremely soft and uses pure silver not just plated..I doubt you can find anything like that for less elsewhere.

I forgot about that. I'll need to drop him a line. Also fancy an Odyssey for my S8. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back