Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 1, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #34,202 of 75,316
only the Liebesleid can tickle my treble crave. it also can take bass boost with ease to cover everything. i won't let it go unless something can beat the liebesleid in it's own game. my next target is finding an IEM with the same analytical characteristics..I'm eyeing on the Sony Ex1000 :ksc75smile:

Depending on your budget the AKG N5005 or the IMR R1 May well suit your needs.

I won’t go into detail here as don’t want to derail the thread but can give details via PM or check the threads, both excellent iem’s that I find surpassed my EX1000 experience.

Sep 1, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #34,204 of 75,316
I did not know this! :astonished: My wallet wishes that I did not know this! :grin:

I picked up the CampFred White from the PO last week. Unfortunately haven't had much of a chance to listen to them yet, but plan to this weekend.

I had no idea as well. Herry keeps on tinkering and improving the different Cypherus earbuds all the time. He said nothing about the ZF pro when I bought ZF and met him in Tokyo in the beginning of July.

Well, still I've got my pair of TM9 on the way. And I'm looking forward to your impressions on White Campfred!

Sep 1, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #34,205 of 75,316
I had no idea as well. Herry keeps on tinkering and improving the different Cypherus earbuds all the time. He said nothing about the ZF pro when I bought ZF and met him in Tokyo in the beginning of July.

Well, still I've got my pair of TM9 on the way. And I'm looking forward to your impressions on White Campfred!

I've only read about 1 other pair, a guy in the EA group. Though his does'nt have the same cable as mine will have (the one I posted), so who knows how "official" it is, or if its more of a prototype/custom/limited ed, which may turn "official" if there is enough demand

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #34,207 of 75,316
I just decided to take a chance and buy this. I hope it’s good and I don’t end up getting ***’d in the ubukuro!

Me too. Will be interesting to see what it looks like...and sounds like.

Sep 1, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #34,208 of 75,316
I've only read about 1 other pair, a guy in the EA group. Though his does'nt have the same cable as mine will have (the one I posted), so who knows how "official" it is, or if its more of a prototype/custom/limited ed, which may turn "official" if there is enough demand

How much did this "pro" version cost you? I know the regular is like 250 without shipping

Sep 1, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #34,211 of 75,316
If I remember correctly it was something like
+30$ for balanced
+30$ for cable
+30$ for driver
+ the usual shipping/paypal

So, a lot :beerchug:

But ask Herry to be sure

The cable and jack upgrades I knew , but 30$ for an upgraded driver? That is quite reasonable...unlike the 30$ for a balanced jack

Thanks, please dont forget to post your impressions of it!

Sep 1, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #34,212 of 75,316
If I remember correctly it was something like
+30$ for balanced
+30$ for cable
+30$ for driver
+ the usual shipping/paypal

So, a lot :beerchug:

But ask Herry to be sure

Btw, I save 5% on every paypal transaction by selecting that I want my card provider (= my bank) to do the exchange from USD to local currency.

Its the same for both paypal and amazon: they cheat like crazy with the exchange rate. Always select to use your bank for the exchange, thats my experience at least. Paypal/amazon write some leading text that will make you feel the total will be much more uncertain, but it will end up much cheaper

Sep 1, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #34,215 of 75,316
However Jim invariably releases quality gear - so the promise of a "sub-flagship earbud" alone justifies the minimal cost imho! (- fingers crossed for EB2!) :)

I do not think he would be doing this if he was not confident that people will like it. He cares about his reputation.

Whatever it is, further down the page it gives specs... it will be 32 ohm and will be meant to be worn over ear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back