Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 24, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #33,917 of 75,705
I'm in between Seahf AWK-F150C and FAAEAL Snow Lotus 2.0. I like the bass of the EMXs-500. What would you guys recommend?
surprisingly, these were the first two buds i bought--of the two i much prefer the faaeal, which has better-controlled bass and a very open airy stage.

Aug 24, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #33,919 of 75,705
I'm in between Seahf AWK-F150C and FAAEAL Snow Lotus 2.0. I like the bass of the EMXs-500. What would you guys recommend?

I have never heard the EMXs but I have heard the other two. Both are great. I have the Seahf and my husband has the Snow Lotus. I have never tried to a/b the sound but I do prefer the Seahf. I don't think you would be disappointed with either but the Seahf has a much more comfortable cable. The one on the Snow Lotus, while nice, is quite heavy.

Because the Seahf is 150 ohm I use one of my higher powered DAPS or my desktop setup which includes a dac/amp.

Aug 24, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #33,920 of 75,705
True. So many models out there it is impossible to understand what he makes & how it sounds, on top of that prices are hidden
He works through Facebook. Send him a message and he will give you all the details, descriptions and pricing. He will help you find exactly what you want. Working with him was a way better experience than buying something from a more conventional online store.

Aug 24, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #33,921 of 75,705
20180825_000114-01.jpeg

i like this, nice build, sturdy case, can't find a fault in the sound especially for the price (Faaeal Datura X)

Aug 24, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #33,923 of 75,705
I bought a pair of Blur from Wong last year, very nice communication on facebook but I feel he released too many models in few months only to get peoples onboard. my2cents
Nah, I think he just loves building them and tinkering and if he can sell it bonus.

Aug 24, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #33,924 of 75,705
Nah, I think he just loves building them and tinkering and if he can sell it bonus.

It seems like he only makes a few of one model and then he likes to experiment with something else. I like that he is enjoying himself. I love my Black Panther. I don't think he made any more of those after I bought mine. Not sure how many there were total.

Aug 24, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #33,925 of 75,705
I bought more than earbuds and a DAP in Japan. I managed to find a package of Sony foams (EP-E3). It has been discontinued since April this year. I also bough some Audio Technica foams (ER-40).
Herry of Cypherus said that he thought the Sony's were best and that the ATH are also good.

IMG_20180824_195815.jpg

Guess the Red Dragon will get the Sony foams. ZoomFred sounds the best with no foams. I used a silicone ring from the VE EX-pack with the fins cut off.

Have ordered Blox TM9. Moondrop Liebsleid might be on their way out. Amazing clarity and detail but a bit to clinically analytical for my tastes

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #33,926 of 75,705
It seems like he only makes a few of one model and then he likes to experiment with something else. I like that he is enjoying himself. I love my Black Panther. I don't think he made any more of those after I bought mine. Not sure how many there were total.
Yes I think so. I ordered from him recently and my impression is all his buds are basically the same with small variations in cable, housing, etc that he feels change the sound. He does offer differing drivers based on impedance, but am pretty sure they all share the same drivers. I think what he is doing is really fun and I am highly enjoying being a part of it

Aug 24, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #33,927 of 75,705

i like this, nice build, sturdy case, can't find a fault in the sound especially for the price (Faaeal Datura X)
can you compare them to other earbuds ypu own?

Aug 24, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #33,928 of 75,705
...but the Seahf has a much more comfortable cable. The one on the Snow Lotus, while nice, is quite heavy.
Snow Lotus 1.0 have standard cable/plug and the same specifications as 2.0 (except for sensitivity - 109dB vs. 119±3dB). They are also 30% cheaper. It would be great to hear from someone if these two are actually the same soundwise.

I was thinking of going for Snow Lotus 1.0 in this sale at Ali, but those DIY Graphene at 17 EUR are extremely tempting. I do have the new MX760 Graphene but everyone says the old ones are the real deal so it must be true.

In the meantime, I am absolutely enjoying the EMX 500s (they slightly win over MX760) and I don't actually need any new earbuds, but my Head-Fi brain doesn't agree..

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #33,929 of 75,705
Snow Lotus 1.0 have standard cable/plug and the same specifications as 2.0 (except for sensitivity - 109dB vs. 119±3dB). They are also 30% cheaper. It would be great to hear from someone if these two are actually the same soundwise.

I was thinkig of going for Snow Lotus 1.0 in this sale at Ali, but those DIY Graphene at 17 EUR are extremely tempting. I do have the new MX760 Graphene but everyone says the old ones are the real deal so it must be true.

In the meantime, I am absolutely enjoying the EMX 500s (they slightly win over MX760) and I don't actually need any new earbuds, but my Head-Fi brain doesn't agree..

We all know about head-fi brain disorder:) I have heard that the Snow Lotus 1.0 and 2.0 are not the same but have never heard the 1.0, so someone else would have to compare.

I have been using the Seahf AWK-F150C quite a bit today.. ever since they were mentioned earlier... can't find any fault with them. Loving drums on these. Listening to everything from Leonard Cohen to some good Blues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back