Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 5, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #29,926 of 75,233
You still made a list of buds including those you’ve never heard saying they’re better. MX985 is a good bud, just not well suited for everyone. I’ll probably trade mine away at some point.

Apr 5, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #29,928 of 75,233
On the other end of the price spectrum, my Poseidon is in the US, but no arrival estimate as of yet, so here’s hoping a handful of days.

Never thought I’d spend this much on an earbud.

Apr 5, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #29,929 of 75,233
On the other end of the price spectrum, my Poseidon is in the US, but no arrival estimate as of yet, so here’s hoping a handful of days.

Never thought I’d spend this much on an earbud.
I hope it does what you want. TY-HI-Z 320 ohm just does it better:)

Apr 5, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #29,932 of 75,233
I hope it does what you want. TY-HI-Z 320 ohm just does it better:)

What's the overall sound signature of the TY Hi-Z 320?
My TY Hi-Z HP650 (2.5mm TRRS) has a strong Bass, and a somewhat recessed Midrange & Treble (maybe a bit more Midrange than my Svara-L (115Ω)).

Apr 5, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #29,933 of 75,233
Well my monk lite 120 ohm arrived today... I’d be lying if I said I was impressed, I don’t think the price-performance can stand up to the emx500/vido etc.

It just lacks clarity for me, it’s more balanced than the monk plus but lacks the personality that bud had. With the monk plus you could appreciate the dark signature and slightly artificial but airy treble. This time around I feel as though the monk lite is trying to be a jack of all trades but ultimately it is master of none. Also it doesn’t seem to scale well to a more powerful source despite being 120 ohm. I found it no different in quality being driven from my iphone 6s than my V20 in high impendance mode. I’ll burn it in to see if anything changes though.

Ok but on to the positives. It’s balanced sounding, not so much ‘natural/neutral’ but it’s overall fairly balanced albeit slightly too rolled off in the treble and sub bass. The size is perfect for a sleeping bud, it’s extremely thin and doesn’t protude from the ear at all. So that’s what I’ll use it for! It’s the only bud that doesn’t hurt if I rest my head against a pillow. Even the pk shell buds are a little too thick for that. I find it sounds best foamless or with none of the vents obstructed by foam (so I cut some more hole foamies).

It’s not terrible for the price, it’s about middle of the pack in terms of budget earbuds. But it has to be the most comfortable in ear which is it’s selling point for me!

I found that it cleared considerably over time. And wearing it inserted sideways made a big difference.

Apr 5, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #29,934 of 75,233
For me the most comfortable TOTL is Shozy BK which has the smallest shell.
After getting the BK, I was so happy that I bought the BK Limited with the silver cable!
Welp after a couple of days, I think either the Tank or buds in general might not be for my ear shape. Will see if I can try on something smaller at e-earphone. Too bad ~

Apr 5, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #29,935 of 75,233
Is there a reasonably cheap way to get Willsound MK2 or other Indonesian buds shipped to the US?
Rholupat does have an economy shipping option to the US. Takes about a month to arrive, but a tracking number is provided. After paying $30 shipping on one ~$40 pair of DIY buds, now I wait until there are a few things I want and order 3 or 4 items at the same time. The shipping cost doesn't increase when ordering multiple buds because they are small/light items, but it does sting a bit less when the shipping cost is amortized across multiple purchases.

Edited to say: the economy option was $12 to the US, and the regular shipping was $27.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #29,936 of 75,233
I'm becoming more and more curious about this Willsound MK2. Still, the Liebesleid is still on its way and I don't want to itch my hand for another purchase. :) Hope the Moondrop would give me the best reason not to purchase another buds soon. Still, I got the old Monks and wondering if the Diomnes Lv2 is in another or the same level with the Liebesleid. This curiosity never fades after all while one stays in this forum. :)

Apr 6, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #29,937 of 75,233
I'm becoming more and more curious about this Willsound MK2. Still, the Liebesleid is still on its way and I don't want to itch my hand for another purchase. :) Hope the Moondrop would give me the best reason not to purchase another buds soon. Still, I got the old Monks and wondering if the Diomnes Lv2 is in another or the same level with the Liebesleid. This curiosity never fades after all while one stays in this forum. :)

Call me crazy, but i prefer the Willsound MK2 than the Diomnes Lv2

Apr 6, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #29,938 of 75,233
Nice purchases! Did you get combined shipping on those Willsounds from Rholupat? May have to check out some myself if that’s the case :)

Good choices you’ve obviously been keeping your ears open to the suggestions going around hete lately , will be interested to hear your comparisons!

Hehe thanks, I was very curious on these (but very few) hypes on Willsound products that I wanted to give a personal try :)
I buyed both MK1 & MK2 shipped with "Economy Shipping - with tracking number" which is the cheapest method, for 12$, so a total of 76$ shipped.
As DAC/AMP desktop combo I still only have my Fostex HP-A8C for now, so I hope the pair will be good.
Cheers'

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #29,939 of 75,233
Hehe thanks, I was very curious on these (but very few) hypes on Willsound products that I wanted to give a personal try :)
I buyed both MK1 & MK2 shipped with "Economy Shipping - with tracking number" which is the cheapest method, for 12$, so a total of 76$ shipped.
As DAC/AMP desktop combo I still only have my Fostex HP-A8C for now, so I hope the pair will be good.
Cheers'
Willsound Mk1 rev2 sounds great with or without an amp. Give it a bit more power and it sounds better though! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back