Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 6, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #29,942 of 75,401
On the other end of the price spectrum, my Poseidon is in the US, but no arrival estimate as of yet, so here’s hoping a handful of days.

Never thought I’d spend this much on an earbud.

A universal experience around here. If you had told me a year ago that I’d be replacing my earpods with €175 brass earbuds I’d have laughed at you... :)

Nearly finished with my dispute on a non-delivered package through Aliexpress. Placed order on 29th Nov :)

Royal Mail said it arrived in country but suspect it went missing at Heathrow!

Might actually get my EBX in a month or so now.
Well, s**t that sucks. I thought my monk lites where lost in transit until I received them yesterday after a 2 month wait. But obviously it’s not the same as waiting for an earbud 10 times the cost!

We must experience similar waiting times being across the pond from each other. I’m usually expecting a month long wait on average.

Curious though have you ever been caught with import fee’s from aliexpress? It’s never happened for me so far thank god! That and free shipping is why I’m usually pretty understanding of the long delivery times.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #29,943 of 75,401
The EBX thing was a bit odd. I finally got an "in country" message at the end of Jan, so left it a while in case it was with customs etc. Ended up with Aliexpress showing it as delivered which prevented me raising a dispute. Jim at NiceHCK has been very helpful and after Royal Mail confirming it never entered their system and presumed lost, Ali have promised to refund me. Funnily enough, probably the only parcel that has ever failed to reach me.

Lucky so far, never had to pay any extra fees. Probably had a dozen or so deliveries from China, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia.

Edit

Good to hear your Monks arrived. 2 months is a long time for VE. I find they are usually less than 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #29,944 of 75,401
This curiosity never fades after all while one stays in this forum. :)

This is why my list is so long. I cannot possibly give enough time to everything that I have...and yet, I am waiting for a couple of things...

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #29,945 of 75,401
Good to hear your Monks arrived. 2 months is a long time for VE. I find they are usually less than 2 weeks.

I have had 2 orders from VE. Eight and ten days to reach the London area...so I am not too far from Heathrow. I find almost everything from China to me arrives at Heathrow on a Friday so then I have to wait over the weekend for a Monday or Tuesday delivery.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #29,946 of 75,401
Ive started using my zen sites today. Wasn't fussed at first but they have really opened up now. Very comfortable and a powerful sound.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #29,947 of 75,401
Ive started using my zen sites today. Wasn't fussed at first but they have really opened up now. Very comfortable and a powerful sound.

I've been listening to the Zen Lite almost daily for past 2-3 months, they are excellent, natural sounding and non-fatiguing. They have handled my music effortlessly (YMMV), pretty much perfect for my listening preferences. They seem to be a match made in heaven with the Runabout Plus too.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #29,948 of 75,401
I've been listening to the Zen Lite almost daily for past 2-3 months, they are excellent, natural sounding and non-fatiguing. They have handled my music effortlessly (YMMV), pretty much perfect for my listening preferences. They seem to be a match made in heaven with the Runabout Plus too.
If the difference between monk plus and monk lite is anything to go by can I assume the zen lite is pretty balanced sounding? Have you heard the zen 1/2?

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #29,949 of 75,401
If the difference between monk plus and monk lite is anything to go by can I assume the zen lite is pretty balanced sounding? Have you heard the zen 1/2?

I have not heard the Zen 1/2, but yes, the Zen Lite is balanced sounding, not what I would call flat in terms of frequency response, e.g. the bass is boosted a little but it is tastefully done and works in perfect harmony with the mids and treble, tonality is slightly warm.

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #29,950 of 75,401
They are very balanced sounding but also very full and warm. I have not heard zen 1 or 2 but right now I'm thinking they should be something I investigate. I have ordered a hiby r6, and I wonder if that is powerful enough for the zen

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #29,951 of 75,401
I have not heard the Zen 1/2, but yes, the Zen Lite is balanced sounding, not what I would call flat in terms of frequency response, e.g. the bass is boosted a little but it is tastefully done and works in perfect harmony with the mids and treble, tonality is slightly warm.

You are making me want a Zen lite. Afraid to look at the price. My most expensive bud is my Toneking Ting at around $60 maybe a bit more...

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #29,952 of 75,401
You are making me want a Zen lite. Afraid to look at the price. My most expensive bud is my Toneking Ting at around $60 maybe a bit more...
I got mine as part of the runabout deal. It came free with it, and it was worth it as they cost over £100 by themselves. I think wild lee still has the deal running though....

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #29,953 of 75,401
I got mine as part of the runabout deal. It came free with it, and it was worth it as they cost over £100 by themselves. I think wild lee still has the deal running though....

I have no use for another amp. I would not use it. I either use my desktop dac/amp with my PC or my tube amp in the living room fed by my better daps. But mainly I like to be portable even around the house. Whatever I use in this way has to be pocketable.

So I would want to get it on its own...is it worth the price if you just get the bud?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #29,954 of 75,401
Whats the toneking ting like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back