Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #29,956 of 75,424
well i love the zen lite. Been listening to metal today and it sound massive and full

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #29,957 of 75,424
I have not heard the Zen 1/2, but yes, the Zen Lite is balanced sounding, not what I would call flat in terms of frequency response, e.g. the bass is boosted a little but it is tastefully done and works in perfect harmony with the mids and treble, tonality is slightly warm.

Yes I would say balanced. I have Monk lites. Comparing them with the zen lites, zens have a fuller sound. With some genres it can sound like a boombox in your ear. I use thin VE foams over rubber rings for both lites

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #29,958 of 75,424
Whats the toneking ting like?

I don't know... lol. The Toneking Ting (and others) came when we had the flu. I only gave it a brief listen to make sure it worked. I am so far behind in checking out the gear I already have. I should stop reading all threads... but sometimes they are entertaining:) Maybe someone else will answer you. Surely there are reviews. There was a reason that I bought it :)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #29,960 of 75,424
In regards to ordering Shozy BK to the UK, would I be better off ordering of Aliexpress or from penon website? This is in regards to delivery times and packages being charged at customs.

Apr 6, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #29,962 of 75,424
In regards to ordering Shozy BK to the UK, would I be better off ordering of Aliexpress or from penon website? This is in regards to delivery times and packages being charged at customs.
As long as you do not choose to have it delivered quickly via DHL, UPS, FedEx and the like then you will always be fine. I have made dozens and dozens or orders from aliex and quite a few from Penon and never been charged any duty. If the price is the same from both, and both offer free delivery then pick Penon, just because as a vendor they are probably the most respected.
I hope this helps

Apr 6, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #29,963 of 75,424
Call me crazy, but i prefer the Willsound MK2 than the Diomnes Lv2
Is that a challenge?! lol

Do they have the same sound signature? I might want to try these since they're only $30 and there's been a lot positive feedback. I don't dip much in this price range anyway.

Plus, I'm getting burnt out researching (expensive) IEMs and portable closed backs.

Edit: Wait MK2 or MK3?

Apr 6, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #29,964 of 75,424
Is that a challenge?! lol

Do they have the same sound signature? I might want to try these since they're only $30 and there's been a lot positive feedback. I don't dip much in this price range anyway.

Plus, I'm getting burnt out researching (expensive) IEMs and portable closed backs.

Edit: Wait MK2 or MK3?

try it, you might like it, or not :o2smile:
i do meant that though. they have similar signature, but the the diomnes have a boomy mid bass frequency bump that just annoyed me.. I've tried the LV1 and LV2, both have that bump.
the MK2 is like a modern and remastered version. also that bass and sub bass... man..you gotta try it..
i skipped the bass oriented TOTLs like the Diomnes Lv2, Samsara, even the Poseidon, because to me the MK2 suits me better

my most favorite is the MK2. if you like a warmer mids, than choose MK1. i haven't tried the MK3, but based on my friends, it has a brighter treble and leaner bass than MK2, tuned more for speed metal kind of song.

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #29,965 of 75,424
my most favorite is the MK2. if you like a warmer mids, than choose MK1.

if by warmer mids, you mean more emotion in the vocals, that is what I like....so would that mean the MK1 for me?

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #29,966 of 75,424
try it, you might like it, or not :o2smile:
i do meant that though. they have similar signature, but the the diomnes have a boomy mid bass frequency bump that just annoyed me.. I've tried the LV1 and LV2, both have that bump.
the MK2 is like a modern and remastered version. also that bass and sub bass... man..you gotta try it..
i skipped the bass oriented TOTLs like the Diomnes Lv2, Samsara, even the Poseidon, because to me the MK2 suits me better

my most favorite is the MK2. if you like a warmer mids, than choose MK1. i haven't tried the MK3, but based on my friends, it has a brighter treble and leaner bass than MK2, tuned more for speed metal kind of song.

Yeah, I understand the point about the boomy mid-bass. It's why I use the thin foams, else it's too much for me too lol. I like it because it reminds me of my Sony Z1R. Really give male vocals that full bodied thickness and realism. It's definitely more of a specific taste.

I might try out the Mk2, since I've heard compliments about it's bass as well.

On a personal note: Hope I don't have fitting problems like the ZoomFred though. The housings looks similar. I'm even having jaw pain issues with the portable Sony 1AM2. I'm just cursing my family genes that are making it difficult for me to be an audiophile.

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #29,967 of 75,424
if by warmer mids, you mean more emotion in the vocals, that is what I like....so would that mean the MK1 for me?

the mids is more rounded on MK1 while the MK2 have a more clearer mids. the MK1 also have a more rolled off treble while the MK2 extends more. i see your husband have the MK2? if you try them and feel you like it better if it has a softer attack on mids and treble, then the MK1 is for you

Yeah, I understand the point about the boomy mid-bass. It's why I use the thin foams, else it's too much for me too lol. I like it because it reminds me of my Sony Z1R. Really give male vocals that full bodied thickness and realism. It's definitely more of a specific taste.

I might try out the Mk2, since I've heard compliments about it's bass as well.

On a personal note: Hope I don't have fitting problems like the ZoomFred though. The housings looks similar. I'm even having jaw pain issues with the portable Sony 1AM2. I'm just cursing my family genes that are making it difficult for me to be an audiophile.

the zoomfred is using standard MX500 shell if I'm not mistaken? the MK2 also uses standard MK2 like Diomnes, but the cable is much more softer and manageable

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #29,968 of 75,424
the zoomfred is using standard MX500 shell if I'm not mistaken? the MK2 also uses standard MK2 like Diomnes, but the cable is much more softer and manageable
Ah, yes I believe so! If that's the case, then I'll order these right now.

Edit: What other buds use these Diomnes/MK2 housings?

Edit: Oh wait, I misunderstood. They are the same housing though aren't they? Not sure why I am having trouble with the ZoomFred's bass. Maybe it's due to the stiff cable twisting at a certain angle... I need to compare the two again...

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #29,969 of 75,424
Ah, yes I believe so! If that's the case, then I'll order these right now.

Edit: What other buds use these Diomnes/MK2 housings?

so many! :k701smile:
monks, zen, cypherus buds, vidos, and many others (like almost 80 of the buds out there, give or take)

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #29,970 of 75,424
the mids is more rounded on MK1 while the MK2 have a more clearer mids. the MK1 also have a more rolled off treble while the MK2 extends more. i see your husband have the MK2? if you try them and feel you like it better if it has a softer attack on mids and treble, then the MK1 is for you

I will try his MK2 at some point. Do they both use the same shell? I do find Monk type shells to be slightly too big for me. Sometimes I can get them to sit well and sometimes they want to fall out if I move much.

At what frequency would you say the treble rolls off. It might not make a difference if my hearing already rolls off...each decade the average person loses more and more hight frequencies. Fortunately most of the music is actually lower than that and we can still enjoy it.

Someone posted a chart once but I can't find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back