Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 26, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #28,561 of 75,630
Did you get a free Zen Lite as well, with your RA2.0bl?
Asking only because it would be a useful point of reference to compare the ZOE with. I'm not planning to get a Zen either but have the Lite cos of the RA deal.
If I had the 102 SSC I probably wouldn't use it for anything other than home listening anyway, so that's fine. :)

'Much the same' - in terms of microphonics?

Much the same. Yes microphonics. I'll compare the two tonight.

Yes, I jumped on the deal and got the Zen lite with it, which is an unbeatable combo for the price. I previously didn't have any balanced gear, so though I would see what I was missing.

Feb 26, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #28,564 of 75,630
Much the same. Yes microphonics. I'll compare the two tonight.

Yes, I jumped on the deal and got the Zen lite with it, which is an unbeatable combo for the price. I previously didn't have any balanced gear, so though I would see what I was missing.
I had monk lite 120 for a few days. My brother came to visit and asked for a pair of earphones, knowing that i have many. He picked monk lite 120 after going through some of my earphones.

I thought of reordering monk lite 120 but i am also considering getting ra plus for zen lite. Maybe i should hold the horses and get a balanced source instead.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #28,565 of 75,630
I had monk lite 120 for a few days. My brother came to visit and asked for a pair of earphones, knowing that i have many. He picked monk lite 120 after going through some of my earphones.

I thought of reordering monk lite 120 but i am also considering getting ra plus for zen lite. Maybe i should hold the horses and get a balanced source instead.

Surprisingly there are still 10 available of the standard $6 edition of the 120 ohm Monk Lite. Not sure how many he put up over the weekend but I know it was not done at the usual time so maybe people did not know? When I ordered mine 5 weeks ago there were only 10 put up and it was the first batch after the ones that early adopters ordered. They sold out in about an hour so I was very excited to get one. I had to get up in what was the middle of the night for me to do it . Yes 6am is the middle of the night for me.:) So, if I had waited 5 weeks it would have been easier...

For $6 just grab another!

uh oh... just noticed you need to have 500 points as well. I do not know how one would get 500 points. I don't have any. Yesterday it did not require points.

editing again... just found in my account that I do have 339 points from my previous purchases. The standard 120 ohm monk lite and the SPC version of the 40 ohm monk lite. I have two monk plus that I bought from Amazon... guess I should have bought them from VE but I did not know anything about the VE at the time and I used Amazon Prime because I was eager to try them... my first ever bud.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #28,566 of 75,630
Surprisingly there are still 10 available of the standard $6 edition of the 120 ohm Monk Lite. Not sure how many he put up over the weekend but I know it was not done at the usual time so maybe people did not know? When I ordered mine 5 weeks ago there were only 10 put up and it was the first batch after the ones that early adopters ordered. They sold out in about an hour so I was very excited to get one. I had to get up in what was the middle of the night for me to do it . Yes 6am is the middle of the night for me.:) So, if I had waited 5 weeks it would have been easier...

Maybe those who want it already have it. I think they released 30 pairs for this batch. I don't feel like reordering probably because I don't have to fight for it :p

It is a pleasant earbud to have. I made a short impression/ unboxing video of it.

ps: I used the OD dimensions provided by you.

I wonder how much better is zen lite compared to monk lite.

Feb 26, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #28,567 of 75,630
... just found in my account that I do have 339 points from my previous purchases. The standard 120 ohm monk lite and the SPC version of the 40 ohm monk lite. I have two monk plus that I bought from Amazon... guess I should have bought them from VE...

Lol - I bought a load of stuff, but from their Ali page, so no points. Still, I did order a few different Monk lites. Very comfortable shell for me.

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #28,568 of 75,630
Lol - I bought a load of stuff, but from their Ali page, so no points. Still, I did order a few different Monk lites. Very comfortable shell for me.

This week I received another little earbud with a comfortable shell. I have not measured but it might be slightly smaller than the Monk Lite. It uses the Edifier H180 (which I do not have) shell. It is the Philips SHE3800. I got it from a UK ebay vendor (Glasgow) for £5. Same vendor has it on Amazon for a pound more. I think it has been around a while and maybe is discontinued. I like it enough that last night I bought a backup pair. I was listening with it and felt like I would be really sad if something happened to it. Very pleasing sound signature...and, yes...before someone asks, it has bass.

Searching within this thread and the budget bud thread brings up older impression... mostly positive. I got my first bud last August so I am still looking at older posts.

51maIrdINLL._SX355_.jpg

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #28,569 of 75,630
This week I received another little earbud with a comfortable shell. I have not measured but it might be slightly smaller than the Monk Lite. It uses the Edifier H180 (which I do not have) shell. It is the Philips SHE3800. I got it from a UK ebay vendor (Glasgow) for £5. Same vendor has it on Amazon for a pound more. I think it has been around a while and maybe is discontinued. I like it enough that last night I bought a backup pair. I was listening with it and felt like I would be really sad if something happened to it. Very pleasing sound signature...and, yes...before someone asks, it has bass.

Searching within this thread and the budget bud thread brings up older impression... mostly positive. I got my first bud last August so I am still looking at older posts.

I was trawling through this thread from around page 300 to when I subscribed (October last year). It took me some time! There were quite a few favourable impressions of this one.

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #28,570 of 75,630

51maIrdINLL._SX355_.jpg

Philips never released SHE3800 as an earbud. The real SHE3800 is an IEM model. This particular earbud is actually a 100% Chinese knockoff. I am surprised someone outside of China (especially one in the Westen countries) will dare to openly sell it, as they could get sued by Philips (not that Philips will be bothered by cheap stuff like these anyway).

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #28,571 of 75,630
Philips never released SHE3800 as an earbud. The real SHE3800 is an IEM model. This particular earbud is actually a 100% Chinese knockoff. I am surprised someone outside of China (especially one in the Westen countries) will dare to openly sell it, as they could get sued by Philips (not that Philips will be bothered by cheap stuff like these anyway).

Yes, I figured from the chinese writing on the packaging that it was not really Philips. But the iems are? interesting. So this is a sort of Edifier H180 mod? Whatever, I like it.

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #28,572 of 75,630

uh oh... just noticed you need to have 500 points as well. I do not know how one would get 500 points. I don't have any. Yesterday it did not require points.

editing again... just found in my account that I do have 339 points from my previous purchases. The standard 120 ohm monk lite and the SPC version of the 40 ohm monk lite. I have two monk plus that I bought from Amazon... guess I should have bought them from VE but I did not know anything about the VE at the time and I used Amazon Prime because I was eager to try them... my first ever bud.

If you email Lee the details of your Amazon purchases you can ask for points to be added. However when I ordered mine yesterday there was no points requirement.

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #28,573 of 75,630
If you email Lee the details of your Amazon purchases you can ask for points to be added. However when I ordered mine yesterday there was no points requirement.

Yes, I know the point requirement was added today. You were lucky you ordered when you did. I am not sure that VE was actually the Amazon vendor.

Feb 26, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #28,574 of 75,630
Yes, I know the point requirement was added today. You were lucky you ordered when you did. I am not sure that VE was actually the Amazon vendor.

Oh well yea for me :metal:. It shouldn't matter who the vendor was. Just send all of the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back