Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 24, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #28,532 of 75,270
Penon BS1 cable isn’t stiff to me anyway. About an average amount of flex, but it feels nice and doesn’t have much memory which is good.

Definitely not a ‘springy’ or awkward cable to use.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #28,534 of 75,270
Penon BS1 cable isn’t stiff to me anyway. About an average amount of flex, but it feels nice and doesn’t have much memory which is good.

Definitely agree. I can see why someone would think it was stiff because it looks it, but in use, it actually just flows nicely.

Feb 24, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #28,536 of 75,270

Bk cable is worst with memory and getting tangled when kept. I love the tuning and sound of bs1 but always go back to the bk for better overall comfort, smaller shell and much lighter. It's a shame.

Feb 24, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #28,537 of 75,270
Bk cable is worst with memory and getting tangled when kept. I love the tuning and sound of bs1 but always go back to the bk for better overall comfort, smaller shell and much lighter. It's a shame.
Have you tried over the ear with the bs1?

Feb 25, 2018 at 5:23 AM Post #28,539 of 75,270
ZOE is outstanding though the 102 SSC is very microphonic

Have you tried AOE as well? Contemplating that one as I have a soft spot for the Asura.
Any impressions on how they differ from their basic versions?

Is the 102 SSC a significant upgrade from say, the SPC cable? And are the microphonics bad enough to be a distraction if one mainly uses them sitting/lying down?

Feb 25, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #28,540 of 75,270
BK cable has some memory yeah, but the WORST? No I’ve had much much worse cables. The BK cable is a thing of beauty to behold :p

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #28,541 of 75,270
Have you tried AOE as well? Contemplating that one as I have a soft spot for the Asura.
Any impressions on how they differ from their basic versions?

Is the 102 SSC a significant upgrade from say, the SPC cable? And are the microphonics bad enough to be a distraction if one mainly uses them sitting/lying down?

I haven't really spent much time with it and haven't listened to both cables. I just fitted the 102 SSC and burned it in (just finished). I didn't bother with MOE or AOE and haven't heard the Asura or orignal Zens. I wasn't going to bother getting a Zen as opinions vary, but Wild Lee made me an offer I couldn't refuse when I was buying the RA2.0bl. :)

The microphonics aren't an issue when sitting/lying IMO. To be fair, I'm probably not going to use these when I'm mobile anyway. I'll keep them for home listening. I don't have any other cables, unless the Trinity Master cables have the same fitting (haven't checked).

Feb 25, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #28,544 of 75,270
102 SSC is an excellent cable, but the microphonic level is just way beyond this world.
And not to mention the memory effect which is very disturbing.
You might want to cover it with some cotton sleeve to reduce the microphonic level.

Though I only tried it briefly, I think the standard cable was much the same. I was surprised the 102 SSC was like that. I don't have many earbuds with that problem. Might be a deal breaker for some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back