Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 16, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #24,886 of 75,196
I recently built a couple of 4-ft extension cables, with PAPRI 8-Strand Trenzado Teflon OCC Copper Wire, to use at home.

The first is a 2.5mm TRRS Plug to 2.5mm TRRS Jack (shown here before the final assembly of the plug shell).

The second is a 3.5mm TRS Plug to 3.5mm TRS Jack.

They're assembles using quality plugs & jacks, and work well to extend my earbud & earphone cables.
Well they look wonderful, exquisite workmanship :gs1000smile:

Nov 16, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #24,887 of 75,196
One thing I did find out, is that the MMCX connectors use
The much more expensive ($10 each) MMCX connectors from Eidolic, which are used on my Impact Audio Cable
Hows the mmcx connectors on your svara and daik? Are they just as tight? I suspect to200 inherits the mmcx from ty2 pro and the mmcx connectors on to200 are super tight. I had to force it loose and i was really worried because some transparent plastics are wrapping the mmcx metal connectors. They look and feel fragile to me.

Anyhow i ordered a 3.5mm mmcx cable from nicehck (the new 15usd version of the his house brand) to prepare myself for the hy1000 fangzhang 方丈 that i ordered recently from taobao. I hope they fit together nicely. The stock cable of hy1000 has memory ends to conform to different ears, just like those shure iem cables.

Nov 16, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #24,889 of 75,196
Glad you enjoy them. Whats your first impression on each of the earbuds?

Btw, if you feel stock foam is obtrusive for Graphene, you may try monk+ thin foam and see how it goes.

By best to worst fit: pk2 > nameless > graphene

As what others have mentioned,

Graphene sounds bright, but very neutral, widest range imo

Nameless is more easy when it comes to highs, tho bass suffers abit. but i prefer them for longer use as it is less fatiguing.

PK2 i'm abit mixed, they are good, but lack the sound staging when going up against the nameless & graphene.

I've tried heigi donuts vs thick foams, heigi seems to help deliver more bass? not sure if its bias on my end?

Nov 16, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #24,890 of 75,196
I doubt the drivers are the same, if shozy are saying these things have limited stock and cannot meet demand even at a cool $150 per bud, I cannot see the diy graphene being able to sell in such quantity at $20.

Unless of course shozy did not buy up all the drivers... But I really doubt it’s the exact same driver, plus graphs aren’t everything in relation to how the earbud sounds, butI guess I’ll find out when i get my graphene and compare it to my BK. Although if your point is graph’s show the driver alone COULD be the same then I guess graph’s make it plausible. I’ll compare soon anyway... :)

IMO Shozy is doing some clever marketing. Remember how they claimed the Shozy Cygnus driver was NOS - new old stock - supply limited and once they are gone that's it? Years later, for US$89 there's still an abundent supply of the Cygnus. Create artificial shortage and watch the sales increase.

Nov 16, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #24,893 of 75,196
I have this white version of Memt X6.
However, I felt that this was not enough treble for me, so I am selling it on my country's C2C site.
But at Amazon, the rating is very high.

I am interested in the red Memt X6 BECAUSE it is red :) Other than not enough treble quantity how was the sound?

I do not require a lot of treble.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #24,894 of 75,196
I am interested in the red Memt X6 BECAUSE it is red :) Other than not enough treble quantity how was the sound?

I do not require a lot of treble.
I feel that the sound quality of MEMT X6 is merely a lack of elongation of treble, mid-low sound is sufficient, especially bass sounds good sound.
I feel it fits perfectly for you.:gs1000smile:
I used VE thin earpad.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #24,895 of 75,196
I feel that the sound quality of MEMT X6 is merely a lack of elongation of treble, mid-low sound is sufficient, especially bass sounds good sound.
I feel it fits perfectly for you.:gs1000smile:
I used VE thin earpad.

Thank you. I should have asked about fit. Monks are difficult for me as they fall out ... or at least they shift which changes the sound so it would be best if the MEMT X6 is smaller than a Monk.

Nov 16, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #24,897 of 75,196
Anyone use extension cables for buds? Drawbacks? My chair at the pc is just too far from the M-DAC and never the twain shall meet.
I have a 6.5mm TRS extension cable that I have used with both buds and full-size headphones, and not noticed any effect on sound quality. You'll be fine, especially with a desktop unit like M-DAC and 6.5mm extension cable.

buds > 6.5mm adapter (or full size headphone) > 6.5mm TRS extension cable > amp

Nov 16, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #24,898 of 75,196
I have a 6.5mm TRS extension cable that I have used with both buds and full-size headphones, and not noticed any effect on sound quality. You'll be fine, especially with a desktop unit like M-DAC and 6.5mm extension cable.

buds > 6.5mm adapter (or full size headphone) > 6.5mm TRS extension cable > amp

Great idea. I'll look for one, as it double as an extension for my cans. Thanks.

Nov 16, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #24,899 of 75,196
It's OK.
The size of MEMT X6 is smaller than MX500 type, and maybe a little smaller than PK type.:L3000:

Wow! I think I need this!

Editing to add: does anyone have a good link for this? NiceHCK doesn't seem to have it.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #24,900 of 75,196
I got mine from Jim NICEHCK. I like the 32 ohm one as it sounds good on my phone and daps, the 64 ohm one is better but needs amped and this 150 ohm one is best of all but does need a bit of juice

150's in the house! Had them in my ears for 5 minutes naked, but I can tell that they are indeed winners - thanks for the recommendation!

I'll be trying them with various foams. Which foams do you prefer with them? Also, any changes with burn in? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back