Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 16, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #24,902 of 75,428
Have some decorum man - put some clothes on when you're trying out new earbuds! :)

Lol! Covered up now!

150's in the house! Had them in my ears for 5 minutes naked, but I can tell that they are indeed winners - thanks for the recommendation!

I'll be trying them with various foams. Which foams do you prefer with them? Also, any changes with burn in? Thanks!

I tried the supplied full foams, but whoa, the bass was too elevated for my ears. Switched to the monk+ thin foams, and whoa, this might be a match made in heaven :)

Edit: they are sounding rather glorious off of my phone as well - bonus!

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #24,904 of 75,428
someoen explain to me?

i ran those youtube tests on sub bass on the emx500. after a while the emx 500 became more clear or pronounced sound. Is this called Burn in?

Yes, either physical burn in or brain burn in or both :)

How long did you run those tests?

Nov 16, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #24,906 of 75,428
not long, just few mins... a very low sub bass test in youtube

If the gear responds to burn in, it typically takes 24, 48, 150 hours (depending on the gear) for there to be any effect, so it would be odd for a few minutes to effect them. Did you switch foams, or have a glass of wine, or anything?

Nov 16, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #24,908 of 75,428
Nov 17, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #24,909 of 75,428
Hows the mmcx connectors on your svara and daik? Are they just as tight? I suspect to200 inherits the mmcx from ty2 pro and the mmcx connectors on to200 are super tight. I had to force it loose and i was really worried because some transparent plastics are wrapping the mmcx metal connectors. They look and feel fragile to me.

Anyhow i ordered a 3.5mm mmcx cable from nicehck (the new 15usd version of the his house brand) to prepare myself for the hy1000 fangzhang 方丈 that i ordered recently from taobao. I hope they fit together nicely. The stock cable of hy1000 has memory ends to conform to different ears, just like those shure iem cables.

The MMCX plugs on the cable that came with the Ti7, seems to connect & disconnect with normal force on my other earbuds & earphones - so it must be the Ti7 MMCX jacks that are tight.

I've got some MMCX plugs with a "Split GND", rather than a "Floating GND Ring". They are snug on my other devices, but I'm afraid to try and plug them all the way in to the Ti7.
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1e6YL...ATL-Style-For-MMCX-UM60-UE900-SE535-SE215.jpg

I'm going to put a set of them on my VE Espresso cable.

Nov 17, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #24,910 of 75,428
The OurArt Ti7 that I ordered from Penon Audio, arrived yesterday.

I listened for a while with the stock cable, connected to my iFi Micro iDSD (XBass=On; 3D HolographicSound=On), streaming audio from my Roku 4, and they sounded good and clear, with a bit of a Midrange & Treble emphasis.

Then I swapped out the Donut Foams for Hiegi Full Foams, connected the Ti7 to my Impact Audio Cables 2.5mm TRRS > MMCX cable, and hooked them to the Balanced output of my Onkyo DP-X1B (EQ=Off; Viper4Android=ON for Spatial & Bass enhancement).
Since the Ti7 don't have a strong Bass impact, they would probably benefit from a warm source or amp, like my Walnut F1.

Still awaiting the MusicMaker ToneKing TO200 that I ordered from NiceHCK Audio.

I can report that the Bass quantity and impact have improved, after listening to the Ti7 for a couple of days.
Right now, they're connected to my Cayin N3, which is receiving streamed YouTube audio, via Bluetooth (so, it's standard SBC encoding).

Nov 17, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #24,912 of 75,428
The MMCX plugs on the cable that came with the Ti7, seems to connect & disconnect with normal force on my other earbuds & earphones - so it must be the Ti7 MMCX jacks that are tight.

I've got some MMCX plugs with a "Split GND", rather than a "Floating GND Ring". They are snug on my other devices, but I'm afraid to try and plug them all the way in to the Ti7.
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1e6YL...ATL-Style-For-MMCX-UM60-UE900-SE535-SE215.jpg

I'm going to put a set of them on my VE Espresso cable.
Maybe the dimensions of Ti7's jacks are on the lower side. Your Ti7 sounds quite fragile to me and yes the split MMCX design makes a lot of sense.

I was actually thinking of getting MMCX 2.5mm trrs from VE since they can be had for about 13usd shipped. I considered the SPC cable because it looks more durable and I don't like braided cables. Two things held me back from getting it:
1. I don't have a player with balanced output and I read someone complaining about the hissing noise on his Walnut F1 (was about 20usd and I considered getting one but spent the money on an opamp instead)
2. The black wire jacket of the SPC cable looks thick to me, maybe it is meant to be worn over the ears?

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1jCOX...dth=800&hash=34a47f0be89d5a241d6197bc8ed14fd2

Nov 17, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #24,913 of 75,428
just got the RY4S with dark braided cable

initial impression is positive. i will do a comparison with EMX500

Th following sound charactistics are present and noticeable in both > what it means is that its present and not absent

the following is comparison of 2 earbuds. As a standalone each of them are good , very good for their price level .

> means Better , < lesser and = Same

Treble : RY4S < EMX 500
Sparkle : RY4S < EMX 500
Mid : RY4S < EMX500
Mid Bass : RY4S > Emx500
Sub Bass : RY4S = EMX500
Clarity : RY4S > EMX500
Layering : RY4S = EMX 500
Transparency: RY4S < EMX500
Vocals : RY4S < EMX500
Articulation: RY4S < EMX500
Musicality: RY4S < EMX500
Attack and Impact : RY4S < EMX500
Detail Reprodution : RY4S > EMX 500
Reverb / Decay : RY4S < EMX500

Soundstage

Accuracy / Positioning: RY4S > EMX500
Depth: RY4S < EMX500
Width : RY4S < EMX500
Height: RY4S > EMX500
Reverb, Accoustics: RY4S < EMX500
Ambience : RY4S = EMX500
Resolution: RY4S > EMX500
Positioning: RY4S > EMX500
Airiness : RY4S = EMX500
3D Air Space : RY4S ( More Left right, Up down ) , EMX500 = ( More forward back , deeper)
Sound movement : RY4S < EMX500

The main way EMX500 is better is sparkle , and aural / background acoustics which makes it better with more musicality and articulation due its reverb, depth and high-low articulation space. Some deficiencies in the RY4S ( a little less detail in sub bass, depth ect) makes it a little less engaging in sound than the EMX500 on certain recordings of poor source or olden style music

The EMX 500 seems to have a better depth soundstage at the expense of a little clarity in mids and bass but makes it up with Impact/attack and musicality due to its excellent sparkle airyness and sub bass extension combined with articulation. THe RY4S is almost similar but in a different way. Poor quality sources show up as poor and high quality source sound gets reproduced better. while the EMX500 does poor quality source reproduction better.

The main way RY4S is better in sound presentation being clinical and little flat or neutral / lack of colouration in the soundstage which makes it better in sound reproduction and clarity and positioning from a good clean/pure source. Its less harsh and less fatiguing than EMX500 to listen to mainly due to less distortion and slightly rolled off treble and less sparkle. However, there is enough treble and sparkle on its own. Soundstage depth is less prominent if these aspects are improved, the RY4S can beat the EMX 500

However, these sonic differences between the 2 are subtle except for the sparkle, soundstage , Impact and Attack. This may change as the RY4S gets burned in

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #24,914 of 75,428
Nov 17, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #24,915 of 75,428
just got the RY4S with dark braided cable

initial impression is positive. i will do a comparison with EMX500

Th following sound charactistics are present and noticeable in both > what it means is that its present and not absent

> means Better , < lesser and = Same

Treble : RY4S < EMX 500
Sparkle : RY4S < EMX 500
Mid : RY4S > EMX500
Mid Bass : RY4S > Emx500
Sub Bass : RY4S < EMX500
Clarity : RY4S > EMX500
Transparency: RY4S > EMX500
Vocals : RY4S > EMX500
Articulation: RY4S < EMX500
Musicality: RY4S < EMX500

Soundstage

Accuracy / Positioning: RY4S > EMX500
Depth: RY4S < EMX500
Width : RY4S < EMX500
Height: RY4S > EMX500
Aural Accoustics: RY4S < EMX500
Ambience : RY4S = EMX500
Resolution: RY4S > EMX500

The main way EMX500 is better is sub bass, and aural / background acoustics which makes it better musicality and articulation
The main way RY4S is better in being clinical which makes it better in sound reproduction and clarity

I also bought RS4S at the same time, but I have not received it yet.
Your evaluation is pretty good Earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back