Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 14, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #24,826 of 75,162
Thought people would like to know that the VE Monk pack has changed. The thin foams are different now (I think they are slightly thicker looking) an come in Red/Blue, Black and White (1 pair of each).

At first I was pissed off because I order 3 ex packs for $15... but then I gave them a chance and I think they are pretty nice still. Slightly more full/bassy sound from the thickness, slightly less treblely and clarity. Very minor changes but still I wish I was getting what I expected... Odd of them to change it and the whole reason to buy the expack is usually for the thin extra clarity foams... UGHHH!!! Not cool VE. They are still thinner than the stock full foams but not what it used to be.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #24,827 of 75,162
Heads up for those who bought a pair of the Kinera limited edition earbuds.

(Source is from Steve of Kinera in the Kinera fan group on Telegram but paraphased by me)

The earbud are not meant to be used with mobile phones.

My guess is that the earbuds are not tuned to be used with the common popular smart phones that are out there.

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #24,828 of 75,162
@Cyperus Always happy to see you around. CF2 is still my favorite of my earbuds with the Blue Darth coming with me when I need some music away from home, pairing it with the AK XB10. I don't know if I'll ever go to the extent Danneq did with the Red Dragon, but I'm glad I've bought what I have.

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #24,829 of 75,162

(Source is from Steve of Kinera in the Kinera fan group on Telegram but paraphased by me)

My guess is that the earbuds are not tuned to be used with the common popular smart phones that are out there.
Well I mean the common smart phones don't always share components so it'd be hard to avoid tuning for atleast one sound signature of a mobile device. Maybe it's the amping they require, something much more powerful?

Nov 14, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #24,830 of 75,162

Sounds like another pairing for my cayin n3 :) low output impedance with enough gain, I hope...then again, even graphenes sound different and brighter out of my iphone 6 compared to my cayin n3.

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #24,831 of 75,162
D31F96FE-B987-4227-B248-7E6F4FC82C09.jpeg

11:11 came early :D. Hello diy pk2, graphene and nameless!

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #24,832 of 75,162
The H180 has a head size similar to monk, but the body is slimmer and so is the neck part, which makes it easier to angle around in the ear. The H185 is smaller with a different angled design. The H190 looks to be inbetween, but I can't confirm on this one, because I haven't received that one yet.

I took some photos to attempt to show the difference in size and shape of the Edifier H185 and the H190. I included my Monk to give an idea of size in comparison to that common shape. I have problems with the Monk fit but I must say I love the fit of my H190. My husband received the H185 at the same time so I was able to compare. I also plan to compare the sound but I am not really good at describing differences. I will say that I am really enjoying the sound of the H190. I don't think you will be disappointed.

I like the flat cable on the H190. It does not tangle. It fits more securely in my ear than the Monk and it actually feels better in my ear than the H185 does but everyone's ear is so different,

upload_2017-11-14_23-26-47.jpeg

Nov 14, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #24,833 of 75,162

11:11 came early :D. Hello diy pk2, graphene and nameless!
Burn in that PK2 for a long time. If your unsatisfied with the bass you can try my mod too :)

The nameless box looks prepared for a Christmas gift xD

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #24,836 of 75,162
Burn in that PK2 for a long time. If your unsatisfied with the bass you can try my mod too :)
yep, throwing all of them into the burner. :wink:

though initial impressions of all three out of box seem to match all the impressions given out so far.

after putting foams on graphene, the fitting of the buds felt slightly uncomfortable though.

The nameless box looks prepared for a Christmas gift xD
The presentation is really pretty! :)

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #24,837 of 75,162
yep, throwing all of them into the burner. :wink:

though initial impressions of all three out of box seem to match all the impressions given out so far.

after putting foams on graphene, the fitting of the buds felt slightly uncomfortable though.

Glad you enjoy them. Whats your first impression on each of the earbuds?

Btw, if you feel stock foam is obtrusive for Graphene, you may try monk+ thin foam and see how it goes.

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #24,838 of 75,162
The OurArt Ti7 that I ordered from Penon Audio, arrived yesterday.

I listened for a while with the stock cable, connected to my iFi Micro iDSD (XBass=On; 3D HolographicSound=On), streaming audio from my Roku 4, and they sounded good and clear, with a bit of a Midrange & Treble emphasis.

Then I swapped out the Donut Foams for Hiegi Full Foams, connected the Ti7 to my Impact Audio Cables 2.5mm TRRS > MMCX cable, and hooked them to the Balanced output of my Onkyo DP-X1B (EQ=Off; Viper4Android=ON for Spatial & Bass enhancement).
Since the Ti7 don't have a strong Bass impact, they would probably benefit from a warm source or amp, like my Walnut F1.

Still awaiting the MusicMaker ToneKing TO200 that I ordered from NiceHCK Audio.

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #24,840 of 75,162
The OurArt Ti7 that I ordered from Penon Audio, arrived yesterday.

I listened for a while with the stock cable, connected to my iFi Micro iDSD (XBass=On; 3D HolographicSound=On), streaming audio from my Roku 4, and they sounded good and clear, with a bit of a Midrange & Treble emphasis.

Then I swapped out the Donut Foams for Hiegi Full Foams, connected the Ti7 to my Impact Audio Cables 2.5mm TRRS > MMCX cable, and hooked them to the Balanced output of my Onkyo DP-X1B (EQ=Off; Viper4Android=ON for Spatial & Bass enhancement).
Since the Ti7 don't have a strong Bass impact, they would probably benefit from a warm source or amp, like my Walnut F1.

Still awaiting the MusicMaker ToneKing TO200 that I ordered from NiceHCK Audio.

Please fill in the evaluation of our OurArt Ti 7 in "Earbud Survey" of the link below.
Please also evaluate after obtaining the next ToneKing TO 200.

https://goo.gl/forms/qnuPq59sxvTJj5kp1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back