Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 13, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #24,811 of 75,251
I've been very happy my.ce6p s from cosmic ears atm. I plan on looking into some 10/12 driver models at some point however.

Any high end suggestions?
That sounds suspiciously like an IEM?

Is it? This thread is for earbuds, there’s another thread for IEM’s :)

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #24,813 of 75,251
Last Thursday:
Sorry guys I'm a newbie but been browsing for a few years :) just thought I'd recommend cosmic ears, My ce6ps are fantastic. Previously owners their ce2ps and prior to that a pair of Minerva mi performa pros. Anyone in the UK should consider them and I recommend Gisele flower in London, brilliant audiologist!
Ok... But wrong topic. Here : earbuds. Not IEM... :ksc75smile:
Sorry my mistake! :)

And Today:
I've been very happy my.ce6p s from cosmic ears atm. I plan on looking into some 10/12 driver models at some point however.
Any high end suggestions?
Do you have a short memory? :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #24,814 of 75,251
I always wonder a little if you just have a bad Masya, I mean this is Rose Tech we're talking about. It's not exactly out of the question.
I feared that too. But everything else sounds good in the driver. If the driver was an issue surely I'd hear distortion of highs/lows/mids. Not just solely the vocals.

It helped a lot to the change source to my laptop. The vocals thickened to cygnus level and everything else is silky smooth and articulate. But out of my phone it was wayyy too thin... I'd need someone with the masya and an iphone 6s to test it and see how the vocals fair in comparison to literally any other earbud on the market (all my other earbuds beat the masya for vocal body/thickness). I'm gonna play around with the fit and I bought some silicone eartips to try on them as suggested before.

These buds drive well from a phone for everything except vocals it seems. Maybe if my phone had a strong amp it would be awesome, but for now it's PC only earbud.

Nov 13, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #24,815 of 75,251
Basically the emx 500 has a good wide soundstage , surrounding the listener. When we refer to soundstage we are looking for 3 things, horizontal, vertical and depth the emx 500 does all 3 well. The sound is not forward nor recessed.

Articulation is another aspect of a good earbud. Articulation refers to Layering in how the treble, mid and bass is articulated. there must be a clear distinction in how they are displayed. Most flat response earphones and earbuds display a sound that is uniform and without articulation.

Detail , Sparkle and sub bass : These are characteristics referring to accuracy and vibrancy of the sound. sparkle is an extended frequency reverb effect when treble sounds occur and sub bass is the low bass extension ( sometimes as rumble effect or presented as flat and smooth effect distinct from the mid bass) the emx500 does these quite well .

The only drawback of the emx 500 have is transparency. They are not very transparent in the stage This refers to individual sounds which have fluidity and airyness in a 3D soundstage. it mainly refers to sounds floating or traveling on forward (depth) layering in 3D space, which is different from the high mid and low layering (articulation). Although a soundstage can be airy, airyness here refers to the amount of background surround , transparency allows for the sounds to have a fluid or wet or floating quality for a 3D holographic sound

Nov 13, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #24,816 of 75,251
Basically the emx 500 has a good wide soundstage , surrounding the listener. When we refer to soundstage we are looking for 3 things, horizontal, vertical and depth the emx 500 does all 3 well. The sound is not forward nor recessed.

Articulation is another aspect of a good earbud. Articulation refers to Layering in how the treble, mid and bass is articulated. there must be a clear distinction in how they are displayed. Most flat response earphones and earbuds display a sound that is uniform and without articulation.

Detail , Sparkle and sub bass : These are characteristics referring to accuracy and vibrancy of the sound. sparkle is an extended frequency reverb effect when treble sounds occur and sub bass is the low bass extension ( sometimes as rumble effect or presented as flat and smooth effect distinct from the mid bass) the emx500 does these quite well .

The only drawback of the emx 500 have is transparency. They are not very transparent in the stage This refers to individual sounds which have fluidity and airyness in a 3D soundstage. it mainly refers to sounds floating or traveling on forward (depth) layering in 3D space, which is different from the high mid and low layering (articulation). Although a soundstage can be airy, airyness here refers to the amount of background surround , transparency allows for the sounds to have a fluid or wet or floating quality for a 3D holographic sound

I appreciate those definitions. Thanks.

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #24,817 of 75,251
The TY Hi-Z AWK-F150TS is officially ready to purchase!

[Just make sure you click on the correct name for check out]

https://penonaudio.com/brand/DIY-ALL-MODLES/TY-Hi-Z-ALL-MODELS/TY-Hi-Z-Earbuds

Untitled_1.jpg

Nov 14, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #24,819 of 75,251
I was given a unique opportunity to test out the new Uairekko - Despair.

P1090839_E.jpg

Before I dive into the signature description, I want to say that even being a demo version, it is well built earbud. The 3.5mm Uairekko branded plug is solid and has plentiful amounts of strain relief that give way to the tough and firm braided cable. The Y splitter is beautifully dealt with using a purple gem bead. Following the split leads to the earbud housings, in this case hand painted by Ryo Chandra Lesmana. The only slight issue that can be said about the custom art is it can make it difficult to tell which is right and left. I use a stereo test to first figure out which is which and then change out the foam ear covers to red and blue.

Now onto the sound...

The first thing that hit my ears was the sweet, delicious mids that come through slightly forward and make vocals sound wonderful. Then my attention was directed toward the lows, which are accurate, but not overly powerful. While impact is subtle, I would not call them bass light. What is there has a nice mixture of mid and sub bass. The highs have good detail without being harsh or bright. The overall balance of the Despair is tuned for outstanding audio enjoyment. Very much for vocal lovers.

Ryo has done a impressive job putting together this earbud and it gets a high recommendation from me.

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #24,821 of 75,251
Same for me, 22 hours to go. On the other hand, only two out of five 11/11 orders got processed till now. I will probably use the "Extend Processing Time" button for the Penon order.

I guess they were just busy. I sent them a message this morning and immediately got a reply my order is now shipping.

Looking forward to my Hiegi full and donut foams to try out on some of my buds.

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #24,822 of 75,251
All quiet on the western front

#share
The Analogue Vibes of CAX Black Edition..
chin slider inserted

Great to see you here, Herry!

CampFred 2 is really great! I managed to find a second hand pair. A good step up from CF1. Still far from Red Dragon of course, but definitely one of the top TOTL earbuds today!

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #24,825 of 75,251
All quiet on the western front

Great to see you here, Herry!

CampFred 2 is really great! I managed to find a second hand pair. A good step up from CF1. Still far from Red Dragon of course, but definitely one of the top TOTL earbuds today!

Hi Daniel... its been sometimes from my last post ever since the Cypherus Audio thread deleted.

Glad to know you get CampFred 2 from the 2nd market. Congratulation on your newly addition and Thanks for the praise as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back