Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 4, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #14,896 of 75,620
Perhaps it is a premium cable version of the TY 32.

Speaking of which. A lot of buds have come and go since i got these bad boys. But every time i take the time to revisit them i remember why Tomasz2D doesn't post as much anymore! They are just way too good and personally win over the Edimun to me as I prefer the more forward tone of the de'mun.

But behold lest you forget the original red colored goliath. My most prized bud ever. Red De'mun is still my king of buds.

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #14,897 of 75,620
I have the TY Hi-Z 32R in my next taobao package. Looks exactly same as the 32S. Hoping for better overall control than the regular HP32 with improved cabling. About another week or 2 out before it arrives.

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #14,898 of 75,620
Stardust (16 ohm I think) and CAX black (32 ohm I think) do not require an amp. Zen 2 black (320 ohm) does...

I won't buy Stardust until January but from what I have read and how ClieOS ranked it, Stardust is probably a competitor to CampFred and not CAX black. For me CampFred beats all other TOTL earbuds, even my old favorite Blox TM7 (barely, but still CampFred beats it).
CAX black is on another level and cannot even be compared to stuff like CampFred, Blox TM7, Sennheiser MX985 or Zen 1. The others sound like $5 earbuds in comparison...

Sent me your CampFred / CAX Black and I'll tell you exactly how I think about them
biggrin.gif

...then again, when I read that they have stiff cable, something on my head just automatically get turned off. I just can't use any earphone that don't like to be moved around.

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #14,899 of 75,620
  I have the TY Hi-Z 32R in my next taobao package. Looks exactly same as the 32S. Hoping for better overall control than the regular HP32 with improved cabling. About another week or 2 out before it arrives.

Interesting, I never heard of the R version. no word on how it's supposed to sound or otherwise be different? Typical of TY to release things without a peep 
tongue.gif

Red De'mun is the only earbud I don't mind the stiffer cable of. It sounds good enough I can allow it.

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #14,900 of 75,620

Stardust (16 ohm I think) and CAX black (32 ohm I think) do not require an amp. Zen 2 black (320 ohm) does...

I won't buy Stardust until January but from what I have read and how ClieOS ranked it, Stardust is probably a competitor to CampFred and not CAX black. For me CampFred beats all other TOTL earbuds, even my old favorite Blox TM7 (barely, but still CampFred beats it).
CAX black is on another level and cannot even be compared to stuff like CampFred, Blox TM7, Sennheiser MX985 or Zen 1. The others sound like $5 earbuds in comparison...

Sent me your CampFred / CAX Black and I'll tell you exactly how I think about them
biggrin.gif

...then again, when I read that they have stiff cable, something on my head just automatically get turned off. I just can't use any earphone that don't like to be moved around.

So at last you got some interest in CAX and Campfred :) Nice !
By the way Zen black also has very stiff cable..but there must be some good science reason for the cables to become stiff :)

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #14,903 of 75,620

I understand Fabi's post now - Hi-Z 32s

I too thought the first post was someone ordering a hp32, I feel like this is TY answer to the monk candy, will wait for reviews if I don't give in and buy them

now there is a hidden R version as well, will have to wait till this clears up

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #14,905 of 75,620
Mr. Woo said that this package will ship on December 6.
I almost hear J-pop. I am focusing on BLOX and Heavenly Sounds.

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #14,909 of 75,620
I've seen that "Z-sound" which ClieOS has added on the first page tagged as Mrice/Baldoor in this IG but I thought that was because that similar bell's shape or is it a new thing coming from Mrice/Baldoor under a different name? Any thoughts about that @ClieOS?

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #14,910 of 75,620
  I've seen that "Z-sound" which ClieOS has added on the first page tagged as Mrice/Baldoor in this IG but I thought that was because that similar bell's shape or is it a new thing coming from Mrice/Baldoor under a different name? Any thoughts about that @ClieOS?

That looks to be a slighty different shape from the E100. Similar design, but a little different.

Sadly I can't find my working set of E100, or I would recable them... the rest have at least 1 dead driver :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back