Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 5, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #14,926 of 75,879

How would you rate the Qian39 vs Monk+ ?

I haven't compared them directly yet. Qian39 seem to be closer to TY32 with a more fun type of sound. I think that Monk+ has got a more neutral type of sound compared to TY32 (and probably Qian39 as well).

Will compare them side by side later.

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #14,927 of 75,879
I believe my Qian39 has arrived in the US from the 11.11 sale, so hopefully will have it within a week.  I'm curious to compare it to some of the various entry level earbuds I have, which it feels like I have way more than I can really justify.  Good thing so many of them are just so inexpensive it's not even a consideration.

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #14,928 of 75,879

I haven't compared them directly yet. Qian39 seem to be closer to TY32 with a more fun type of sound. I think that Monk+ has got a more neutral type of sound compared to TY32 (and probably Qian39 as well).

Will compare them side by side later.

Ye I 've read the TY32 were on par with the Monk+ but having a different sound sig and that the Qian39 would be a tier above both of them.

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #14,929 of 75,879
  I've seen that "Z-sound" which ClieOS has added on the first page tagged as Mrice/Baldoor in this IG but I thought that was because that similar bell's shape or is it a new thing coming from Mrice/Baldoor under a different name? Any thoughts about that @ClieOS?

As far as I know, Z-sound shares no known relationship with Mrice or Baldoor. I do however see it being mentioned as 'AM118'.

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #14,930 of 75,879
My little mod using inverted tips to improve the fit of PT15 on the ear.

I used 30 seconds to figure out what that is before looking into your text 
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #14,931 of 75,879
My little mod using inverted tips to improve the fit of PT15 on the ear.

I'll give it a try tonight! My second pair of PT15's arrived (this one silver cable) - an 11.11 order.
Fit is the main issue that I have with the PT15. Needing to use EQ to bump up the bass with some music is a weakness that I can live with. Just like the **** 4in1, people love them or hate them!

I have plenty of extra tips lying around. Will try the huge ones that came with TTPOD T1.

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #14,935 of 75,879

I'll give it a try tonight! My second pair of PT15's arrived (this one silver cable) - an 11.11 order.
Fit is the main issue that I have with the PT15. Needing to use EQ to bump up the bass with some music is a weakness that I can live with. Just like the **** 4in1, people love them or hate them!

I have plenty of extra tips lying around. Will try the huge ones that came with TTPOD T1.

Try to wearing PT15 over ear,works fine for me, 

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #14,936 of 75,879
When I read your posts, I think we both may like similar tonal balance but this is soundstage where we have different tastes. You prefer bigger and airy sounstage and I prefer more direct and closer sound. But there are parts where our tastes overlaps, and MX985 and Lyra6 must be in "C" section.

@vapman
 This is interesting that although you are basshead, you seem to favor balanced or even little mid-centric earbuds. Do you equalize Red De'mun and does it response to it well?

I too think danneq would like Red Demun and possibly more than Edimun as it is a fun and engaging version of the mx985 sound to me.

Tomasz2D you are correct sir. I love balanced and natural sound about equally as i love slammin bass :wink: but i use the samr equalizer settings i use with large over ears or something. So i am always boosting bass fairly heavily and reducing everything above about 175Hz by 6 or 7dB so allow me to further push the bass. The sound signature and characteristics remain but i can coax a lot more bass out of anything this way. And i hate buds without any mids! (hehe. The e808+ is dangerously close :p )

BTW my extra Qian39 finally showed up today. And i have two packages i have to collect at the post office... I haven't heard the stock Qian39 sound in so long!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back