Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 8, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #46,756 of 75,160
Luckily the Shozy B.K and Cygnus are sounding much better with burn in...

Wonder if it is the Kube Plus sounding "fuller" with better lower end that's causing the perceived "hollowness" in the other 2 pairs.

I also remembered the B.K as being the smoothest sounding I've heard, but the Kube Plus has sort of outdone itself once again...

Jan 9, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #46,758 of 75,160
Who has ABnormal Labs Duotres 1.5, can describe the sound? I received but they sound somehow very clean and even, I can't hear surround, although the description said that they have good bass.

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #46,759 of 75,160
I joined the club!

20200108_211146.jpg

Jan 9, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #46,760 of 75,160
Jan 9, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #46,761 of 75,160
Jan 9, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #46,763 of 75,160
Hi guys . Any recc for Buds sub 50$ ? Looking for some step up from Nicehck ME80 for my wife ..

Are Mrz tomahawk still thing ? Or something different around that price point that is worth looking for ?

My " strange " ears cant fit any classic earbuds ( and my wife cant stand any IEMs ), so .. as i have pretty much zero experience, every tip is welcomed .

Thx for any reply

Jan 9, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #46,764 of 75,160
Just an head up, DQSM is currently developing an high impedance Turandot. ETA is around February.

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #46,765 of 75,160
Hello @ClieOS just wanna ask if you would still recommend the toneking ty2? Im really curious about that earbud for a long time but the lack of reviews and most people saying its just an average sounding with the lack of bass, (although the fr graph showned by toneking itself doesnt reflect what the users say in them so its a bit confusing), and that made me lost interest in it. I have the Toneking Unicorn replaced the cables with the ones on the Ninetails and it sounded amazing. Would it be an upgrade? Or is there any earbud that would be better than ty2 with the same price range? Im looking for a close to neutral sound.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #46,766 of 75,160
Hello @ClieOS just wanna ask if you would still recommend the toneking ty2? Im really curious about that earbud for a long time but the lack of reviews and most people saying its just an average sounding with the lack of bass, (although the fr graph showned by toneking itself doesnt reflect what the users say in them so its a bit confusing), and that made me lost interest in it. I have the Toneking Unicorn replaced the cables with the ones on the Ninetails and it sounded amazing. Would it be an upgrade? Or is there any earbud that would be better than ty2 with the same price range? Im looking for a close to neutral sound.

Fit is problem with TY2 due to its shape and smooth finishing. You'll get a good sound only if you get a good fit. At this point I am much more inclined to recommend Smabat ST-10 as my top choice of neutral sounding earbud.

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #46,767 of 75,160
Fit is problem with TY2 due to its shape and smooth finishing. You'll get a good sound only if you get a good fit. At this point I am much more inclined to recommend Smabat ST-10 as my top choice of neutral sounding earbud.

Im planning to use it with some sharkfin tips tho for a better fit. So fitting issues might be fixed. Hows the overall resolution of the ty2 btw, any improvements in the bass department tru burn in? I will also look up for that smabat. Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I also prefer a wider soundstage, I just looked up on the st-10 reviews here and unfortunately majority of the reviews said it was into more initimate staging (also recessed mids too(?) ). But those graphs presented by smabat says differently so..

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #46,768 of 75,160
Im planning to use it with some sharkfin tips tho for a better fit. So fitting issues might be fixed. Hows the overall resolution of the ty2 btw, any improvements in the bass department tru burn in? I will also look up for that smabat. Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I also prefer a wider soundstage, I just looked up on the st-10 reviews here and unfortunately majority of the reviews said it was into more initimate staging (also recessed mids too(?) ). But those graphs presented by smabat says differently so..

Shark fin eartips might let it sits more securely in your ears, but not necessarily gives it a better seal that will be required for the bass to sound correct. Foam pad is better for TY2, though as I mentioned before, the shape is not particularly good for foam pad to stay on.

I don't find ST-10 soundstage to be intimate. If anything, I find it to be excellent.

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #46,769 of 75,160
Shark fin eartips might let it sits more securely in your ears, but not necessarily gives it a better seal that will be required for the bass to sound correct. Foam pad is better for TY2, though as I mentioned before, the shape is not particularly good for foam pad to stay on.

I don't find ST-10 soundstage to be intimate. If anything, I find it to be excellent.

Oh i see, thanks, welp, maybe I'll just buy the 2 if both of em goes on sale on chinese new year :D

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #46,770 of 75,160

I've caught the earbud bug. So I have the Smabat M1 Pro on order currently. The ST-10 is on sale on Ali right now for about the same price as the M1 Pro is normally. How would you compare these two? I am looking for a pretty much "studio reference" tuning. From what I gathered from reviews the M1 Pro is the one that leans towards that area due to the bass being more flat and no bleed into mids. I don't mind warmth or thickness to mids and bass but to much color and I don't want my ears to "learn" bad behavior if you get me. I have listened to my studio monitors and Ety/Fearless S6 Pro so long now that I look for studio neutral with only flavor in the sub bass to better emulate the physical feeling a sub gives in the room.

PS: I rummaged around your DIY thread and ordered supplies to make a DIY Ety ER4. Looks to be identical shells but I got mine from Ali and the knowles as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back