Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 11, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #46,786 of 74,627
I feel lots of these cheap earphones are great for a couple of months then fail (rattling, etc) I bought 2 EMX500s and both have failed, now my other pair of Vido's have stopped working on one side.
Good thing I'm not out alot of money but still.

I hear you. One of the drivers of my Silvers (Fengru TC200's) just died. Mind you, I've been using them as my sleeping buds for the last 6 months, which means mucho abuse, so I'm kind of surprised that they lasted as long as they did. I must say that I got a lot of enjoyment out of those $4 buds... and I will again someday! (ie in 39-60 days when my next ones arrive).

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #46,787 of 74,627
I hear you. One of the drivers of my Silvers (Fengru TC200's) just died. Mind you, I've been using them as my sleeping buds for the last 6 months, which means mucho abuse, so I'm kind of surprised that they lasted as long as they did. I must say that I got a lot of enjoyment out of those $4 buds... and I will again someday! (ie in 39-60 days when my next ones arrive).

Are you sure it died? Maybe one of the cables came loose inside.... you could open it, check, and re-solder if necessary. Simple, right? :)

How does one sleep with buds? I think all of mine would be destroyed if I did that. Actually I doubt they would stay in my ears.

Jan 11, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #46,788 of 74,627
M1 definitely sound much more balanced than DX5. M1 is mostly neutral in tone, where DX5 is smooth and warm, if not a bit dull.

I agree with this for the most part . I find the M1 the warmer of the two, but it's not overly warm by any means - relatively neutral. And yes, the DX5 I also found dull and boring. I found no warmth, only dips and peaks in bad locations.
Thanks!
So, instead wasting my money for DX3S or DX5 better to jump to M1 Pro, right?
Btw, I'm using BK2 for my daily driver now, is M1 Pro the right choice for upgrade (in the future)? Any other advice or precaution? Hehe..

Jan 12, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #46,789 of 74,627
I feel lots of these cheap earphones are great for a couple of months then fail (rattling, etc) I bought 2 EMX500s and both have failed, now my other pair of Vido's have stopped working on one side.
Good thing I'm not out alot of money but still.
Why not save up, spend a little more on a quality product to get a longer life out of it?

Jan 12, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #46,790 of 74,627
Thanks!
So, instead wasting my money for DX3S or DX5 better to jump to M1 Pro, right?
Btw, I'm using BK2 for my daily driver now, is M1 Pro the right choice for upgrade (in the future)? Any other advice or precaution? Hehe..
Honestly, I find the M1 more of a side grade than an upgrade to the bk2. I like the bk2 quite a bit. It punches above it's price. I was hoping both the M1 and DX5 would be the upgrade I was looking for. Still searching for that definitive upgrade. Going to try a Toneking next.

Jan 13, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #46,796 of 74,627
Maria has a mostly neutral sound that slightly tilting toward warmth. Good end-to-end reach with an exceptionally opened soundstage, biggest of any earbuds I ever listened to. It can sound slightly lean without foam, and sound more balanced with foam (I also put a silicone ring underneath the foam to get better fit). Unlike Mojito, which is on the brighter and more analytical side of presentation, Maria is closer to the 1st gen Masya in sound signature, but grander in every aspect and pretty much sound like a small full-sized rather than an earbuds. Fit is decent - the outer casing for the bigger driver is large, but doesn't touch the ear nor causing any discomfort. Build quality is significant better than Mojito, though you can still tell it is hand assembled.

Hi ClieOS, how is Turandot vs. Maria? Im coming from the Liebesleid. I like everything about the Moondrop except for the fit which needs some fiddling. Which one to get next? Thanks.

Jan 13, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #46,797 of 74,627
Anyone knows if the Turnadot's golden cables are prone to oxidizing?

I never thought about that. Now you have given me something to stress about! That would be horrible if it does...it is such a beautiful and comfortable cable.

Jan 13, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #46,798 of 74,627
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-13 at 20.24.25.jpeg

Hi this is my amateur review on the FAAEAL Datura Pro: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/faaeal-datura-pro.24124/reviews#review-23148

Jan 13, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #46,799 of 74,627
Anyone knows if the Turnadot's golden cables are prone to oxidizing?

Mine should be the oldest pair in the forum, and it doesn't show any sign of oxidization so far.

Hi ClieOS, how is Turandot vs. Maria? Im coming from the Liebesleid. I like everything about the Moondrop except for the fit which needs some fiddling. Which one to get next? Thanks.

Turandot and Maria are completely different. Turandot is musical and passionate, while Maria is calm and delicate - both are excellent in their own ways. As far as sound signature goes, I reckon Liebesleid is probably closer to Maria. But the truth is they are quite different enough that I don't consider either Turandot or Maria as 'direct upgrade' as far as sound signature goes.

Jan 13, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #46,800 of 74,627
Are you sure it died? Maybe one of the cables came loose inside.... you could open it, check, and re-solder if necessary. Simple, right? :)

Yeah simple... if my first name was Hungry and my last name was Panda! :)

How does one sleep with buds? I think all of mine would be destroyed if I did that. Actually I doubt they would stay in my ears.

Easy, get a pk shell one. I use my pandas and I can lie on my side and they don't hurt my ears. Sometimes I wake up hours later to turn off the DAP and put the lot out of the way.

Yes, pk shells are more comfortable for sleeping. But, I don't want to bust any of the ones that I have - they're up in the $20 CAD region!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back