Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 14, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #45,871 of 75,263
I did a bit more research on the Topping NX3s amp, because its 2X 545mw at 32 ohms looks very powerful compared to competition (for 65€ at least) and the audio science guy review is actually really good reading more closely, it just doesn't perform well on USB current, nor when the battery is almost empty, which isn't a problem for me. So I'll get that for the bedroom with my Z3/DSD pro to feed hungry earbuds, and most likely a tin P1.

At work, it will be a 9038D on the laptop, should power 400-600 ohms earbuds easily.

Good time to start saving towards EOY

Nov 14, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #45,872 of 75,263
Good thing I let you know just in time! We were at Asda a couple of days ago and they only had two left in rose gold...so of course I grabbed a spare. All the black and grey were gone and our Asda never did have purple, white or blue. My husband happened to be in Maidstone one day though (actually a bunch of days but that's another story) and was able to get those colors.

Don't let their build quality fool you. Those MIXX Tributes sound bigger than they look. @Willber was going to give some impressions... where are you Willber?

Just how many colours are there?

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #45,873 of 75,263
Just how many colours are there?

Grey, black, white, blue, purple and rose gold

When the Mixx Tribute was first mentioned in this thread, many were attracted to the space grey. My favorite of course is the purple:)

Amazon sells it but they want £12 as does the Mixx Audio site.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #45,874 of 75,263
Grey, black, white, blue, purple and rose gold

When the Mixx Tribute was first mentioned in this thread, many were attracted to the space grey. My favorite of course is the purple:)

Amazon sells it but they want £12 as does the Mixx Audio site.

I might not have bought any buds for a year and a half, but I read this thread every day :)

I'll see what they have and try to show some restraint :darthsmile:

Nov 14, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #45,875 of 75,263
I might not have bought any buds for a year and a half, but I read this thread every day :)

Well, they all sound the same... so you don't need EVERY color/

...unless you want them...

Nov 14, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #45,876 of 75,263
You bought at a high price, on sales, there were many opportunities to buy for $ 18-19

I was one of the first purchasers so the sales didn't start on them, I have to pay tax and I got epacket shipping. Best price at the time. Like paying extra for faster shipping. $19 but with Thankgivivng I would not get it till December. Price always goes down if you wait but totally fine paying a bit more to have them weeks earlier.

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #45,877 of 75,263

I might not have read this thread every day for a year and a half, but I bought every buds I can afford to

I'll don't care what they have as I won't try to show any restraint :wink:

Nov 15, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #45,878 of 75,263
Only spent $25 so not so bad but not really getting along with the **** KP120 I got two days ago. Maybe they will grow on me but they need some serious tweaking. Fit seems good as far as staying in but they don't really sit in my ears well enough and lose too much bass. Disappointed as I checked and the black filters they came installed with are the bassy filter option. Tried over ears and no real difference. What I would like from them would be the buds having a less even centered "shoulder". If you consider the driver the "body", the "arm" the stem down to the MMCX socket, the "shoulder" would be the back of the housing to the end where the filter screws in. Wish is was off center and more towards a two o'clock position which would allow the buds to sink down and more forward in my ears more than they do. More like a speaker that you are too far away from. Enough power can fix but I don't have anything, atm, as I am waiting for the Qudelix 5K type thing or one of the small players with some power to not have the issues/ finish installing all the features they promised :)

Filters seem cool but on the right bud the filter can unscrew pretty damn quick on it's own. They really need little o-rings to make sure they don't unscrew on there own. Make sure you tighten them good :) Would be nice if the black filter was in between a bassier one and a cooler one instead of the flat and two bass rolling filters...

Not sure why they only come with donut foams and no solid foams. Obviously I need solid foams to gain some warmth. Good sounding driver that has good bass reach and good balance. Treble does drop off and not gonna extend like an expensive bud obviously. Good bass extension and enough on the treble for it's price.

Like the cable. Actually using it on my Shuoer tape. Last **** cable I had on the PT25 was too long, unruly, and rolled off bass. this one is holding a few of it's bends/kinks form out of the box but is light, looks good, and sounds pretty nice.

Wish these had a bit better shape to a allow deeper fit and came with some solid foams and maybe a zip case. Could have be a real hit but not so much. I feel them will be more of a YMMV kinda bud with up and down impressions. I'm sure a few will get along with them better than me and some as well as me. Missing it by a little bit certainly seems to be the norm for **** in the below $30 range. Better than the PT25 in some ways but the still missed the mark in a few areas.

My KP120 just arrived today, I agree with you on certain points; the fit is slightly hit or miss, the filters (other than the stock black one) seem sort of pointless for tuning ability, and the included foams really don't do much for the sound either.

If I had to pick something very close to compare these with, it would be my Koss KSC75s which have a very similar sound signature but with more bass (obviously due to the driver size).

These are my first experience with earbuds after owning many other pairs of IEMs and headphones, and I would say this is a pretty good start to another adventure (sorry wallet).

20191114_234348.jpg

Nov 15, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #45,879 of 75,263
I did a bit more research on the Topping NX3s amp, because its 2X 545mw at 32 ohms looks very powerful compared to competition (for 65€ at least) and the audio science guy review is actually really good reading more closely, it just doesn't perform well on USB current, nor when the battery is almost empty, which isn't a problem for me. So I'll get that for the bedroom with my Z3/DSD pro to feed hungry earbuds, and most likely a tin P1.

At work, it will be a 9038D on the laptop, should power 400-600 ohms earbuds easily.

Good time to start saving towards EOY

Got the Topping NX3S for my JVC HA-SZ1000 headphones and Zen 2 earbuds and both sound fantastic with it

Nov 15, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #45,881 of 75,263
Today is like Christmas for me :)

I bought a Bang & Olufsen Earset , a Final E3000 and a Sony MH755 and they all arrived on the same day!

I would imagine the people in this thread are interested in the Earset. It is extremely good. Even better than the ZoomFred in some areas. WIll do a full review after a few weeks when I am used to them .

Nov 15, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #45,883 of 75,263
In fact, they sound damn decent streaming my bandcamp collection (Psychic Lemons Freak Mammal) via my phone while waiting on a haircut. :smile_phones:

Did you add foams to them?

10367476.jpg

Nov 15, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #45,885 of 75,263
Matching foams, huh? Neat!

No, I wasn't home at the time. Got them in Asda then went for a haircut. I'll try them with foams over the weekend as I'm off out again. Good price, for sure. They had all the colours, but went for purple

I first listened without foams as did my husband. He then put foams on and said he liked them even more like that so I tried it too. Besides making the sound fuller they are more comfortable for me but I can see why some might like them without foams. Many people will not have foams at home.

You probably know that the Trig Rain store on aliexpress sells millions of colors of foams. They have to be stretched slowly and carefully or they can tear. I have mine in a little box I found at Wilkinsons... for a pound I think.

10276907.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back