Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 12, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #45,841 of 75,148
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #45,842 of 75,148
The Reecho RC One sells for ~23 bucks,

Is it worth having if I already have so many earbuds? I did order the lucky bag...could not resist.

Nov 12, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #45,847 of 75,148
No idea, I am taking a blind shot myself as I don't think Rose even showcased the prototype to anyone. I only know that it was in development for almost 3 years now. Of course I do own enough Rose earbuds to have confidence in their work.

I'm sure it will be good. Have faith in their abilities (although a little less in their quality control).
Might have to flip a coin between Turandot and Maria : )
... or just stay happy with the Smabat ST10.
Sent a question to Penon about the Maria, but I guess he might not know either.

Nov 12, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #45,849 of 75,148
Thanks (?) to this thread, I've been on a earbud buying spree over the past few months.

My top choice so far, the FAAEAL Rosemary.

IMG_9073.jpg

xYBZ5p9

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #45,850 of 75,148
Thanks (?) to this thread, I've been on a earbud buying spree over the past few months.

xYBZ5p9

This thread says you are welcome.

Nov 12, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #45,851 of 75,148
xYBZ5p9

What source do you use? With my gear it's extremely dark and muffled, I guess it needs a lot more power, though I thought my source should be ok at least. (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 gen 1) I'm interested in every kind of setup that works well with this bud

I did order the lucky bag...could not resist.
Nice, when the time comes, let us know how you like the knights

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #45,852 of 75,148
...though I thought my source should be ok at least. (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 gen 1)

Most audio interface is poor source compared to dedicate headphone DAC/amp.

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #45,853 of 75,148
What source do you use? With my gear it's extremely dark and muffled, I guess it needs a lot more power, though I thought my source should be ok at least. (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 gen 1) I'm interested in every kind of setup that works well with this bud

I have a love/hate relationship with this earbud. I can never relax and listen to this thing. If there is not enough power it sounds exactly like you described. Awful. Usually, I plug this into my Schiit Magni 3. It's overkill but there is nothing else that I feel can properly drive it. In fact, I just plugged it into my V30 and, even though it can get loud enough, the bass dominates the sound and it's flabby and unimpressive. From the Magni the bass gets actual punch, sounds a lot less congested and the treble starts to come through. I also find that turning it up higher than I'm normally comfortable listening is where it sounds best. I spend most of my listening time trying to dial it in to the best volume. It's frustrating...but it sounds really decent. Honestly, I feel like the Earbuds Anonymous bud gives me exactly what this can give me but without all the hassle. With that said, I've been listening to it since you asked the question.

Nov 13, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #45,855 of 75,148
What do you guys use as portable amps for hard to drive, potentially high Z earbuds?

It's not that I really want to travel with an amp, more that the power is not clean at all in my house with a lot of noise, so I prefer to run DAPS/amps on battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back