Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 20, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #44,851 of 75,148
I wonder why they are called PK2 when they are Docomo shells. Perhaps it's a PK2 driver.

That is what I am thinking. You could ask the seller. I have the one with the pink cable, I had to have it when I saw @BloodyPenguin s photos.

Plus, I love Docomo shells.

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #44,852 of 75,148
My guess is it is a normal DoCoMo driver. The seller is most likely adding the PK2 for search results.

I have a few pairs of the DoCoMo and I'm like 90% it is the same driver.

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #44,853 of 75,148
Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #44,854 of 75,148
That is what I am thinking. You could ask the seller. I have the one with the pink cable, I had to have it when I saw @BloodyPenguin s photos.

I'm interested in the Docomo shell but I bought a DIY PK2 (with the proper shell and apparently PK2 driver) some time ago and I didn't like it.

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #44,855 of 75,148
My guess is it is a normal DoCoMo driver. The seller is most likely adding the PK2 for search results.

In that case, I should compare mine to my Blur Black Panther which I know has a modded Docomo driver inside a Docomo shell.

I have been wanting to buy a stock Docomo earbud but now I wonder if it would be the same as this one only with a fancier cable.

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #44,857 of 75,148
I wonder why they are called PK2 when they are Docomo shells. Perhaps it's a PK2 driver.

I wonder why they are called PK2 too, when they are Docomo(Variant) shells.
But there is a description of "Resistance: 32Ω" in the "specification" tab on the page of aliexpress, so it should be neither Yuin PK2 Driver nor Docomo driver.
Yuin PK2 Driver and Docomo driver are "Resistance: 16Ω".

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #44,858 of 75,148
I decided to buy mainly because for now I don't have any Docomo shell at all, I'm curious about the performance of that shells, I heard very good things of it :)
I will make a DIY project with them anyway :D (mainly replacing cable and drivers, but I will listen to them stock to see and report, of course)
Those Docomo shells (alone) are hard to find on ali.

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #44,859 of 75,148
I decided to buy mainly because for now I don't have any Docomo shell at all, I'm curious about the performance of that shells, I heard very good things of it :)
I will make a DIY project with them anyway :D (mainly replacing cable and drivers, but I will listen to them stock to see and report, of course)
Those Docomo shells (alone) are hard to find on ali.

I hope you like them. I am happy with the sound but I know you are more picky than I am:) Plus you like to mod things. Maybe you will like them with the drivers that are in them

I think I mainly ordered mine because of this cable. Also, my husband @HungryPanda already had the one with the black cable and was loving it. So it was not exactly a blind purchase.

R0014881.JPG

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #44,860 of 75,148
I hope you like them. I am happy with the sound but I know you are more picky than I am:) Plus you like to mod things. Maybe you will like them with the drivers that are in them

I think I mainly ordered mine because of this cable. Also, my husband @HungryPanda already had the one with the black cable and was loving it. So it was not exactly a blind purchase.

They looks beautiful in that color, good choice from you and your husband :)

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #44,861 of 75,148
They looks beautiful in that color, good choice from you and your husband :)

I should warn that the pink/white cable is a little stiff but not in an annoying way (to me). You can see in the photo that at least it lies nicely. Unlike the cable that was originally on my PK2SR2 16ohm - From an early listing... not the one that most people are ordering more recently.

a really stiff cable does this:

R0013866.JPG

Nicely recabled SR2 16 ohm ... by @HungryPanda No drivers died in the process:) Whew!

R0013863.JPG

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #44,862 of 75,148
I recently purchased several NTT Docomo earbuds at the link below. This link was taught to me by @KevDzn.
They cost about $ 25 in US dollars as a pair, but you can get the real Docomo drivers out of them.
As I write here again, the speaker side of the Docomo driver is "gray".

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4771866
Docomo earbuds.jpg
Docomo earbuds2.jpg
Docomo earbuds3.jpg

EDIT:
Caution! These Docomo earbuds have balanced 4pole TRRS plug (same as Hifiman's) . So you will have to get a balanced-to-single-ended extension cable or recable it yourself before you use it.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #44,863 of 75,148
Sep 20, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #44,864 of 75,148
20190920_154011.jpg

Willsound mk2 balanced using hybrid cable to wm1a, its a bliss !

I have received some earbuds in the last 2 days :

St10/vido/x6/nameless/b40/ willsound mk1 mk2 mk3.

For a very short time with each of them, this is by far the one i enjoy the most even if i recall correctly more than st10 with balanced to wm1a.

When i have the time i will try to listen in depth between mk2 and st10, but from the short time with st10 it seemed better technically and more detailed, but i find the mk2 very musical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back