Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 4, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #43,381 of 75,348
hmmm.. this topic about the ME80 just got intriguing.. mine has arrived in my country, but I'm still on vacation abroad, so i can only wait to the 13th of July when i return home

Jul 4, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #43,382 of 75,348
hmmm.. this topic about the ME80 just got intriguing.. mine has arrived in my country, but I'm still on vacation abroad, so i can only wait to the 13th of July when i return home

I hope you have someone to take delivery for you.

Where are you vacationing?

Jul 4, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #43,383 of 75,348
Most manufacturers recommend normal listening volume.

Seems you might not be getting a proper seal. Have you tried donut foams on top of the full foams?

I burned mine in for 3 or 4 days attached to my desktop dac/amp playing music from my PC. Listening when I was at my desk.

My listening levels aren't defeaning, however they are higher than my everyday environment. I like to lose myself in sound.
Right now I'm listening to them for an hour and, ah, for 10 dollars they are on-par with several 30-40 dollar earphones I've owned. Which, in some way, were on-par with some even pricier earphones.
If burning-in is about flexing the driver, than high volumes and highly dynamic tracks are the fastest way to do it. Driver can't damage itself with enough compensation, also I've connected ME80's to phone's output, so nothing scary.
Yes, I am definitely not getting proper seal. Guess I'll just buн some accessories from Ali.
This is getting interesting...

Jul 4, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #43,384 of 75,348
My listening levels aren't defeaning, however they are higher than my everyday environment. I like to lose myself in sound.
Right now I'm listening to them for an hour and, ah, for 10 dollars they are on-par with several 30-40 dollar earphones I've owned. Which, in some way, were on-par with some even pricier earphones.
If burning-in is about flexing the driver, than high volumes and highly dynamic tracks are the fastest way to do it. Driver can't damage itself with enough compensation, also I've connected ME80's to phone's output, so nothing scary.
Yes, I am definitely not getting proper seal. Guess I'll just buн some accessories from Ali.
This is getting interesting...

Foams and donuts came with them.

Jul 4, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #43,385 of 75,348
I hope you have someone to take delivery for you.

Where are you vacationing?

yes, luckily there are :ksc75smile: .
I'm in japan with my wife and son right now

Jul 4, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #43,387 of 75,348
my local reseller got it from taobao lol

but according to badreligionpunk's previous comment, emx500 should be bass heavy which conforms with mine

I know.

Jul 4, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #43,388 of 75,348
Foams and donuts came with them.
Of course I've already tried them. From my experience with MX170 I know that foams are necessary.
Right now I'm using a pair of foams, and they are still playing. Bass have started to show a bit more, in total they have about 5 hours of play time.
I still consider buying rubber rings with fins, because the fit is kinda loose.

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #43,389 of 75,348
Well, I'll pretend to believe in burn-in for several days, they are too beautiful for me to just stop using them.
I have long and wide ear canals, and my ear shape can just kill earbud bass, maybe that is what happens.
As of now, they've been locked with harsh-noise records on high volume for several hours and I don't hear that much of mid-treble harshness anymore. Express burn-in, anyone?

Keep listening at high volume and the only thing you'll be saying is, "can you repeat that?"

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #43,390 of 75,348
Keep listening at high volume and the only thing you'll be saying is, "can you repeat that?"
Oh, of course they weren't in my ears. I'm everything-sensitive, while also loud-music lover. That's why nearly all earphones are too sibilant for me. I hear imperfections in sound too much, hence the strongly negative initial impression. I always use EQ, but they were unfixable in the beginning.

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #43,391 of 75,348

for an audio lover who can already hear the mild ringing, ever so reminding that hearing degradation is coming, your scenarios is the stuff of nightmare, and the worse part is that it's realistically true.
i have a friend who's younger than me and often meet on audio gathering. he listens waaay loud. i used to jump and cringe when i tested his DAP without adjusting the volume. now it's always a habit for me the turn the volume down to zero first whenever i try other people's gear.

and that friend of mine, he talks really loud, and i usually have to speak twice for him to listen.

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #43,392 of 75,348
Of course I've already tried them. From my experience with MX170 I know that foams are necessary.
Right now I'm using a pair of foams, and they are still playing. Bass have started to show a bit more, in total they have about 5 hours of play time.
I still consider buying rubber rings with fins, because the fit is kinda loose.

Try the donut foams on top of the regular foams.

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #43,393 of 75,348
Oh, of course they weren't in my ears. I'm everything-sensitive, while also loud-music lover. That's why nearly all earphones are too sibilant for me. I hear imperfections in sound too much, hence the strongly negative initial impression. I always use EQ, but they were unfixable in the beginning.

Um ya, why would they be in your ears????? The more you write the less believable you become.

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #43,395 of 75,348

It's not paranoia if THEY are after you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back