Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 4, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #43,352 of 75,289
Okay, So finally am sitting here listening to the ME80. No foams. These things are Female vocals monsters. Very natural. Very forward. I personally like very forward female vocals. Bass is good on these. Not heavy and not light either. Basslines are right where they should be and kicks are clearly audible. Maybe one day I will get to listening to some men sing some stuff, but right now The great Nina Simone has got a spell on me.

Source is Fiio M11, High Gain, Vol 60

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #43,353 of 75,289
Hi Guys how good are Moondrop Shiro Yuki compared to Fengru (Silver) TC 200, I am thinking of getting one of them

For me, the Shiro Yuki is a beautiful balanced bud. A good all-rounder. I have not listened to the Silver.

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #43,354 of 75,289
just got myself a pair of emx500 with mmcx connector since you said they are no-brainer. they truly are no-brainer indeed. the bass omg. i love these. they do look weird though with my cable

66279453_2652676388084668_6185206712484495360_n.jpg

It looks nice.

Are yours the same as ours? The ones from this link? I have the Silver color and Panda has the red. I have not decided if mine have enough bass. His seemed to have a little more when he compared them. Now that they have burned in awhile I will listen more and edit this post to comment on that.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33015623626.html

Maybe I will compare my MX500 MMCX to my RY4S MMCX Plus if I have some time. Busy day. Next week I will have more time for listening. I do already think that my RY4S Plus sounds amazing.

I kind of like the way my cables look with both but I do wish the MMCX connector did not stick out so far.

The MX500 MMCX I think that is a BGVP cable that came with a BGVP bud that now has a balanced cable on it.

R0014920.JPG

and the RY4S MMCX Plus (I did show another photo of it with my Cayin N3 a few pages back)

R0014916.JPG

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #43,355 of 75,289
Isn't Sabia V6 out of production now?
On the last batch of V6 from the ebay seller there was a note in the description "see you on the V7" (or something similar to that effect).

Why are you always clouding the issues with facts? Just kidding - you are quite correct. I will edit my post to reflect that.

Considering the UE is not very bassy to begin with (tight and punchy enough but definately not a bassy earbud in stock),

Huh! I'll have to find them and give them a listen, but I always thought the UE's had ample bass, enough to slide into my opinion of bassy.

The HI is certainly not bass light.
Actually I have both the UE and HI versions and I struggle to find any difference is sound (from memory). I would need to A/B them to confirm this.

Ah, so we are confirming that Sean is smoking something good (just kidding Sean!)

Okay, So finally am sitting here listening to the ME80. No foams. These things are Female vocals monsters. Very natural. Very forward. I personally like very forward female vocals. Bass is good on these. Not heavy and not light either. Basslines are right where they should be and kicks are clearly audible. Maybe one day I will get to listening to some men sing some stuff, but right now The great Nina Simone has got a spell on me.

Source is Fiio M11, High Gain, Vol 60

Now this is why I allow others to do the describing for me! Nice description.

For me, the Shiro Yuki is a beautiful balanced bud. A good all-rounder. I have not listened to the Silver.

Keep talking like that, and the Shiro's will be sitting in my cart mocking me!

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #43,356 of 75,289
Hey Folks, anyone know how to open up the NiceHCK ME80 shell? I got mine and the left bud was crackly and goingin in and out; if I moved the wire around the sound would come, but then leave again. I 'burned' them for 20 hours and they were beginning to sound quite good (natural with depth and height to the stage) so I would like to keep them. The NICEHCK store said they would send me a new pair but I would have to pay for shipping. But if I can open these up I could solder it back on myself.
Just another shout out -- anyone know how to open up the earbuds with thin stems and metal housings? Probably not, but just checking.

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #43,357 of 75,289
Keep talking like that, and the Shiro's will be sitting in my cart mocking me!

No that is wrong. They need to pass quickly through your cart and on their way to you. No sitting. They come in a cool tin container...

Huh! I'll have to find them and give them a listen, but I always thought the UE's had ample bass, enough to slide into my opinion of bassy.

That is what I was thinking...ample bass. I guess I will have to get mine out and listen to them along with the MMCX Plus and the MX500 MMCX.... bass wars. I do not think the bass overpowesr everything else nor would I want it too.

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #43,358 of 75,289
No that is wrong. They need to pass quickly through your cart and on their way to you. No sitting. They come in a cool tin container...

Why did I know that you were going to say that?! :)

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #43,359 of 75,289
So I ventured into some hip hop and reggae with the ME80 and it just didn't cut the mustard. Too rolled off. If bass heavy music is your primary genres, I would probably steer clear. Not too exciting.

However Karen Carpenter, Haley Reinhardt, Dolores O'Riordan ect sound fantastic. Loving Jazz now. Stage and separation are pretty good. Timbre good. Very natural. A very LIVE quality to the over all sound. $10 huh? That's pretty stupid if you think about it. They look great, and this cable is nice for a 2 core cable. Wears good and rolls up nicely.

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #43,361 of 75,289
So I ventured into some hip hop and reggae with the ME80 and it just didn't cut the mustard. Too rolled off. If bass heavy music is your primary genres, I would probably steer clear. Not too exciting.

However Karen Carpenter, Haley Reinhardt, Dolores O'Riordan ect sound fantastic. Loving Jazz now. Stage and separation are pretty good. Timbre good. Very natural. A very LIVE quality to the over all sound. $10 huh? That's pretty stupid if you think about it. They look great, and this cable is nice for a 2 core cable. Wears good and rolls up nicely.

Which buds do you prefer for bass heavy genres?

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #43,362 of 75,289
Some words about Nicehck ME80:
1) Soundstage is meh, kinda gets to sides of your ears, but feels forced, like if sound was just pushed from the center to the sides of your head. nearly all my IEMs have better (can't say bigger - IEMs will always sound like something inside your head without an exquisite amount of dsp's and equalizing) stage. Examples: KZ ZS6, MDR EX800ST, HIFIBOY OS V3.
2) Awful treble and mid peaks.
3) No bass below 50hZ, pressing them against the ear reveals boomy, trash low-frequencies.
4) Resolution in treble is... there?. Yeah, it doesn't really help.
5) Good build quality, they do look good.

I can describe their sound as cheap. They do provide sound, that is all.

A pair of 8$ Sennheiser MX170's sounds a lot better. Please don't buy them, as they still sound like cheap earbuds, I'm pretty sure you have something better in your collection.
About burn-in - it never happened to any of my dynamic IEM's. They may change the sound for me, but that's purely psychological, my sound perception changes several times throughout the day, which clearly shows when I'm listening to KZ ZS6 or MDR EX800ST.
Wasted 10$, bought them just for fun, and they didn't disappoint - they are just as bad as I thought. Same goes to **** PT15, only thing is: I expected a lot more from them after reading some reviews.
Good things won't be sold as cat-in-the-bag.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #43,364 of 75,289
Some words about Nicehck ME80:
3) No bass below 50hZ, pressing them against the ear reveals boomy, trash low-frequencies.
Don't know why I am replying to this post as it seems a bit "fishy" however, did you happen to test your earbuds via a Frequency Response ( https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php ) to make certain that they are not damaged by chance?

My ME80s clearly produce strong bass starting at 20Hz, no problem... also, earbuds are not designed nor engineered to be pressed against the ear (into the ear canal) like IEMs. Comparing earbuds to iems is like comparing apples to oranges or in this case closed-backs (iems) to open-backs (earbuds).

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #43,365 of 75,289
Well, someone sure likes to stir the pot. Not many posts... no info in the profile...
which tells you absolutely nothing,
Can read my reviews, tho.
Just drilled two bigger holes through ME80's, overall SQ improved a bit, they became a bit more listenable, so now they sound like a pair of 12$ earbuds, hehehe
I want to ask you one simple thing: why do you expect me to be some double-agent, while also expecting 10$ earbud with a tiny compensating hole to sound better than what I've just described?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back