Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 3, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #43,321 of 75,347
My local post office has really terrible service. The postmen have been caught throwing away mails and parcels in the bin because they were too lazy to deliver them. When I got a delivery failed notification from aliexpress I instantly thought of that!
Would be nice to know the place of that bin! :D (if all his friends didn't knew it already...)
Hopefully for you he has been fired properly!

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #43,322 of 75,347
Which cable is it? :)

Search aliexpress for 6 Core 2.5/3.5/4.4mm Balance Copper Plated Cable. You can choose MMCX or 2 pin plus you choose what plug you want. I see it is $11.99 right now. Not sure what we paid.

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #43,323 of 75,347
Many thanks for the replies. Still mulling over trying one of the Snow-Lotus varieties since they're about the same on Amazon Prime as AliExpress, but regardless, leaning towards ordering a sampler of sorts from AE with some combination of the below:

FAAEAL Iris 1.0
Fengru EMX500
NICEHCK Vido
Philips SHE3800
QuianYun Quian25
RYGMR RY4S UE
TY Hi-Z TY

Can someone link to what is commonly referred to as the FENGRU SILVERS? That's the one I saw repeatedly in this thread but couldn't find on AE. I'd probably add those or swap one of the above out to make room for it, if they're still available.

The entire list above comes out under $40 shipped, which I hope is easily worth it to narrow down signatures before moving up... and if I'm lucky, maybe even finding one I like enough to settle on and just stock up on 4 more pairs for practically nothing. There are a few options in that $12-20 range like NICECHK EB2, NICECHK ME80, and Fengru PK2 I haven't ruled out throwing into the order, but not sure it's worth doing a hapless "buffet" in that price range until I at least check out the truly cheap options first.

To answer an earlier question: I am using the included foam on both the Datura X and H180, even though I've always preferred my MX365s naked. I quickly saw the benefits of slapping on the pads for a brighter bud.

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #43,324 of 75,347
Can someone link to what is commonly referred to as the FENGRU SILVERS? That's the one I saw repeatedly in this thread but couldn't find on AE. I'd probably add those or swap one of the above out to make room for it, if they're still available.
These are the ones I got (I have three):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32687542028.html

I have most of the buds on your list and I prefer the FS to all of them.

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #43,325 of 75,347
DSC_0210-2.jpg

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #43,327 of 75,347
i prefer tingo tg-38s or fengru silvers over the me80. tingo's fuller bass and thicker mid is simply unbeatable if you like anything with vocal.

I initially was comparing the Silvers with full foams to the ME80's with donuts, and the ME80's were doing it for me a bit more. I then realized the error of my ways and got donuts onto the Silvers as well. They are differences but I don't have the ears or vocabulary to explain them. All I can really say is that they both are pretty friggin' awesome sounding to me (which is a testament to the $5 Silvers!).

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #43,328 of 75,347
I initially was comparing the Silvers with full foams to the ME80's with donuts, and the ME80's were doing it for me a bit more. I then realized the error of my ways and got donuts onto the Silvers as well. They are differences but I don't have the ears or vocabulary to explain them. All I can really say is that they both are pretty friggin' awesome sounding to me (which is a testament to the $5 Silvers!).
it's very frustrating for me. i have to listen to every song 3 times now because all 3 gives me different sound signatures (me80, silvers and zeva superfire) >.< each of them is good in their own way

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #43,329 of 75,347
it's very frustrating for me. i have to listen to every song 3 times now because all 3 gives me different sound signatures (me80, silvers and zeva superfire) >.< each of them is good in their own way

Just relax and use the different ones on different days or you will drive yourself crazy.

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #43,331 of 75,347

Frustrating - exactly! That's why I rarely do it anymore (but for you I made an exception lol)

Jul 3, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #43,333 of 75,347
Many thanks for the replies. Still mulling over trying one of the Snow-Lotus varieties since they're about the same on Amazon Prime as AliExpress, but regardless, leaning towards ordering a sampler of sorts from AE with some combination of the below:

FAAEAL Iris 1.0
Fengru EMX500
NICEHCK Vido
Philips SHE3800
QuianYun Quian25
RYGMR RY4S UE
TY Hi-Z TY

The entire list above comes out under $40 shipped, which I hope is easily worth it to narrow down signatures before moving up... and if I'm lucky, maybe even finding one I like enough to settle on and just stock up on 4 more pairs for practically nothing. There are a few options in that $12-20 range like NICECHK EB2, NICECHK ME80, and Fengru PK2 I haven't ruled out throwing into the order, but not sure it's worth doing a hapless "buffet" in that price range until I at least check out the truly cheap options first.

To answer an earlier question: I am using the included foam on both the Datura X and H180, even though I've always preferred my MX365s naked. I quickly saw the benefits of slapping on the pads for a brighter bud.

Nice list, I was going to say you could grab the mmcx versions of those buds (emx500 and ry4s plus) and a $10 nicehck cable that looks and most likely performs better than the cheap stock cables you get with those earbuds

... But, I'm not a fan of how these mmcx connectors are being implemented on those earbuds compared to the more elegant and compact designs seen around custom mmcx conversions.

Also I think one of the other faaeal's was reviewed and called a darker sounding bud. The faaeal rosemary I believe that was the one. Might be worth adding that to your list.

Jul 3, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #43,334 of 75,347
**** kp110? how is the comfort and sound?:heart_eyes_cat:

like to know that as well, if it is fast and clean i am in

Very open, clean and tight sounding, kinda like PT15 but not as bright / treble focus so it is not exactly a cold sounding earbud, and definitely not warm either. It is close to neutral but not exactly reference flat. Those of you who like the PT15 will likely love this one. It is a fully open back design so noise isolation is close to none (though probably not a big problem from most earbuds user anyway). Comfort can be a hit or miss - due to the shape, you will need to adjust the angle of the MMCX socket part of the earbud so it won't touching the ears, The front plate isn't small but luckily tight fit isn't a requirement to get good sound due to the open deign, but those with small ears still might not like it.

How much they cost in USD?

Taobao price is RMB499, so around US$72 at today's exchange rate.

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #43,335 of 75,347
Very open, clean and tight sounding, kinda like PT15 but not as bright / treble focus so it is not exactly a cold sounding earbud, and definitely not warm either. It is close to neutral but not exactly reference flat. Those of you who like the PT15 will likely love this one. It is a fully open back design so noise isolation is close to none (though probably not a big problem from most earbuds user anyway). Comfort can be a hit or miss - due to the shape, you will need to adjust the angle of the MMCX socket part of the earbud so it won't touching the ears, The front plate isn't small but luckily tight fit isn't a requirement to get good sound due to the open deign, but those with small ears still might not like it.

Taobao price is RMB499, so around US$72 at today's exchange rate.

Thanks ClieOS, good to see impressions of these!

And how is the low end quantity and quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back